Mouse Issue + Desktop, But Thought It Was Window Key Related?

Bug Report Issue

2 replies to this topic

#1 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:20 AM

Alt - tabbing back into game, the mouse is NOT COMPLETELY focused in the game.

Have you started a game and when you went to fire your first shoot by using your mouse (be it button 1/Button 2/etc) your game loses focus until you alt tab back into game or click onto the game screen?

While playing the game, have you ever had a program start up? I have.

While playing the game, has your desktop icons disappeared/been dragged elsewhere, etc? My has.

Do you play in Full Window or normal window mode (I have not tested Full Screen mode)?

Do you play with one monitor or multiple monitors? (I have done it both ways)

Have you had issues that you thought was related to maybe hitting the Windows Key? ( I have and disabled both Window keys).

Have you ever had the In game cursor NOT disappear?

Long story a tad shorter, I have had this happen before and after the following.

I had gone with multiple monitors and stretched the game out. It was ok but with different size monitors it didn't work for me but I liked the wider view so I modified the file to run that way on one monitor but kept the other monitors active for web/etc. The game sets so I can the top and bottom of my desktop on the 2nd monitor.

Yesterday I noticed a white flash to the lower left corner while the left-side monitor was turned off and while I was in the game. Turned the monitor on on and saw my mouse cursor. Moved the mouse, my torso moved/twisted/tilted as normal in the second monitor while the desktop mouse moved too, only in a lower right of the 1st screen.

I moved the mouse to my torso twisted all the way to the right and kept moving the mouse til it moved onto the 2nd monitor where the game was being played. I had not fired my weapons yet. I went to fire and the game lost focus and the desktop mouse showed up on the screen where the crosshairs resided. At this point I clicked using the mouse, game regained focus after a split second and the tic fired (totally missing the target).

The OS' I have used were Win8/Win8.1 and Win10. Logitech mouse/generic keyboard. With and without Nostromos or Logitech gamepads.

I will send in a ticket when I get back from work.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 09:35 AM

To add to the above.

If you alt tab back into game, especially during the combat portion, once you hit the All/Team/Lance hotkey you have to click 2x with the mouse to actually type into the chat line, and still have weird stuff happen (depends on where the mouse was resting on the desktop/taskbar when doing the first click and still have weird things happen (here comes the Catalyst interface...ugghh..).

Now off to work....

#3 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

http://answers.micro...4e-2be90d55591d

After some serious searching, the double cursor appears to be partially Windows 8/8.1/10 related and is likely related to the touchscreen/touchpad settings. As I am on a desktop, I do not have those settings. Players with Steam and other users have posted issues, especially while playing games (having that happen at a critical time can and does get ya killed).

I had to go through and disable/un-install each USB device as posted in one of the threads. I had 3 of them, removed the gamepad. For me it was the second one that I disabled/un-installed. So far the double cursor (players may not realize they have this issue unless they actually see the two separate cursors), has not reappeared.

Will further test then have the mod move this to the workaround section.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 25 December 2014 - 05:01 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users