Rage-Quitting Just After First Wave..

14 replies to this topic

#1 Nick86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 222 posts

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:44 AM

I just got out of a game where someone rage-quit after the first wave.
In that wave, we took 2 generators and the guy quit having been an idiot for 4 mins.

I'm narrowly holding back on giving you guys enough clues to tell who this guy is as you've probably all played with him at one point.

It's unacceptable. We would have won it had he stayed in all likelihood.

It's not fair to ruin 23 other people's fun because you're feeling petty. Granted, 12 of those might be quite happy, but personally I would rather face a full enemy and win than gain a hollow victory.

If you wanna be a c**t, leave the faction.

I would also like us to agree that anyone doing this cr@p again gets reported by multiple players.

Cheers guys.

#2 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:55 AM

I can actually say that someone ragequitting literally cost us a planet last night.

We were in the last match before the Cease Fire, the last match that was still being played as someone came into our TS channel and told us the attack/def was 12/12 and the planet was at 60% attacker.

He ragequit 5 minutes into the match, taking 3 of his mechs off the field. We had Omega down to less than 50% when the match ended, and I'm certain that had he remained, we would have won the match and kept the planet.

#3 Barantor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 11:57 AM

If you don't like CW, don't play CW.

I always try my hardest even if I'm fairly certain we are going to lose, because there might come a time where half their team goes a different way than I do and I sneak in a win.

Merry Christmas

#4 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:40 PM

View PostRoadbeer, on 24 December 2014 - 11:55 AM, said:

I can actually say that someone ragequitting literally cost us a planet last night.

We were in the last match before the Cease Fire, the last match that was still being played as someone came into our TS channel and told us the attack/def was 12/12 and the planet was at 60% attacker.

He ragequit 5 minutes into the match, taking 3 of his mechs off the field. We had Omega down to less than 50% when the match ended, and I'm certain that had he remained, we would have won the match and kept the planet.

That's just garbage on his part. I can say with absolute certainty that any good Davion would feel better about losing a planet in a straight-up fight than taking a planet because some idiot threw the last match. We like good fights, regardless of how they turn out.

They've gone in our favor lately. That could always change.

Some people just aren't cut out for CW. Clearly that guy wasn't. It's a damn shame he figured it out during such a pivotal fight :(

Edited by StillRadioactive, 24 December 2014 - 12:41 PM.

#5 StillRadioactive

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 644 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 24 December 2014 - 12:44 PM

View PostBarantor, on 24 December 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

If you don't like CW, don't play CW.

I always try my hardest even if I'm fairly certain we are going to lose, because there might come a time where half their team goes a different way than I do and I sneak in a win.

Merry Christmas

I pulled off a win a couple days ago where our 4th wave push stalled out with 8% left on Omega. I was one of three people who still had a respawn. I dropped in an SDR-5D, slinked my way into the base and powered down behind a building for a while, waiting for them to spread out a bit. Then I sprinted for the generator and knocked it out with all torso sections critical, one leg blown off, and Betty screaming about incoming missiles.

ALWAYS fight to the last 'mech in this game mode... because crazy **** can (and does) happen!

#6 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 December 2014 - 01:07 PM

I've had to sign off a few times because of Real Life, but I at least wish the other guys good luck and explain why.

#7 Kirkland Langue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

I was in the battle which the OP described. It was pretty obvious that the guy was going to Rage quit even before the battle started. One Unit had 8(?) members, and when they tried to coordinate the team he was trying to tell people to do exactly the opposite, purposefully stepping on toes.

And he certainly was no new player - pretty sure he was around in Closed Beta.

#8 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 08:46 AM

i was there too if you're talking about the match i think you are. think we had even scratched the third generator a little in the first wave too.

woohoo an actual post about something i was there for!

#9 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:12 AM

I too was there in a match on the 24th of December with a certain someone that, on the first wave, did a suicide run and then proceeded to shutdown or just afk (not sure which) the rest of the match.

Unless you're one of the very elite teams in MWO, I truly doubt any regular teams could win an Attack/Counter-Attack with just 11 players. His petty actions definitely diminished our chances of pulling out a win.

#10 Donas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 416 posts
  • Locationon yet another world looking for a Bar and Grill

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:20 AM

Report the player. And don't even bother to post in all-chat that you are doing so.

Include all the information you can. Time of day, player name, faction, planet, map, game type, etc.. and exactly the events as you recall them. No need to embellish, nor to take shots. Keep the report clear, accurate, complete, and professional.

I was in a match like this the other day on the clan border, and as included in my report, the fact that they so quickly, and profanity-laden ditched after the initial push (which was also successful in the drop I was in) indicated to me that this was most likely habitual behavior.

Rage quitting like that is refusal to participate in my eyes.
Calling us all f-ing idiots and pathetic is also unacceptable.

Name-and-shame is also prohibited, so I won't publish their faction, name, or tags.

The only way to get players that do this any correctional action is for there to be several instances from different people.

And while I am typically loathe to report folks (Though I will if they go over the line and are offensive or spammingly profane), when people are waiting for upwards of 20 minutes to get into the que, then another 10 to find an opponent, for a player to rage out and quit for zero good reason in the first 5 minutes of a 30 minute match is something that neither the game nor the community needs. Thats approximately 11 man/hours of player time that have potentially been shot out of a canon.

#11 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:05 PM

I"m a firm believer in reporting the crap out of that sort of stuff. Given that more is at stake in CW, ragequitting like that is not a whole lot different from legging teammates. You're intentionally going out of your way to be a twit and shaft your team.

Report, offer up burnt offerings to the Bangods that they may remove that problem from your lives.

#12 AaronWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 652 posts
  • LocationSunshine state.

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:30 PM

I'm pretty live-let-live, so someone leaving in CW is kinda "Eh" for me, unless they personally were attacking friends, other people and blaming everyone else.

Its just a game in the end. The responsibility lies with them when they abandon the unit, and that loss is on them. No need to fly off the handle in my book.

Who knows, maybe they had some marital issues, or had to take someone to the hospital. You never know. (Unless that person does/says otherwise)

In the end, this is a game.

But.

BIIIIG BUT.

Bootay.

View PostNick86, on 24 December 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

I just got out of a game where someone rage-quit after the first wave.
In that wave, we took 2 generators and the guy quit having been an idiot for 4 mins.

I'm narrowly holding back on giving you guys enough clues to tell who this guy is as you've probably all played with him at one point.

It's unacceptable. We would have won it had he stayed in all likelihood.

It's not fair to ruin 23 other people's fun because you're feeling petty. Granted, 12 of those might be quite happy, but personally I would rather face a full enemy and win than gain a hollow victory.

If you wanna be a c**t, leave the faction.

I would also like us to agree that anyone doing this cr@p again gets reported by multiple players.

Cheers guys.

Someone acting like this, needs to be given a lashin'. If you got problems, don't take it out on anyone else. Just Quit out and get your sh*t fixed. Don't f*ck up anyone elses time. And if you expect problems to occur, don't even bother with signing up to try and play with a group in a high stakes match.

That is like drinking half of a bottle of whiskey, then thinking its a good idea to go driving. You are asking for problems.

#13 Vandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOuterspace

Posted 27 December 2014 - 09:00 PM

View PostStillRadioactive, on 24 December 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

I pulled off a win a couple days ago where our 4th wave push stalled out with 8% left on Omega. I was one of three people who still had a respawn. I dropped in an SDR-5D, slinked my way into the base and powered down behind a building for a while, waiting for them to spread out a bit. Then I sprinted for the generator and knocked it out with all torso sections critical, one leg blown off, and Betty screaming about incoming missiles.

ALWAYS fight to the last 'mech in this game mode... because crazy **** can (and does) happen!

Just exciting reading about that type of clutch win.

#14 Mark of Caine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 496 posts
  • LocationWazan War Veteran

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:31 PM

@Donas

I did file a report to Support shortly after the match on the day in question. Had most of the people in the match sign off on it too.

Was hoping not to make a post here that I did so. I usually have quite a lot of patience when it concerns people going AFK or something like that, but not when someone sabotages the game on purpose like that.

#15 John Wolf

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 347 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 January 2015 - 06:15 AM

Any in game issues, report them to support@mwomercs.com. Complaining about them on the forums doesn't improve the game at all, or hold the players accountable.

Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users