The Mercstar Alliance [-Ms-] - Recruiting New And Veteran Pilots For Cw Now!

221 replies to this topic

#121 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:33 PM

View PostRobinhood27, on 17 August 2015 - 05:29 PM, said:

why should i have to pay for ts just to play this game with people

You do know that TS is a free application right?

#122 Oddmund

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 145 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:03 AM

View PostArmando, on 17 August 2015 - 11:33 PM, said:

You do know that TS is a free application right?

no he does not.

#123 Lootax

• PipPip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:30 PM

Hey guys, i dropped some times with you and would like to know how much people you have for the EU Prime time, and wich one of your sub-units is more present on the 5 PM to 10 PM UTC part of the day, and wich IS mechs are the most likely to be bought for an IS Drop Deck.

Edited by Exentius, 21 August 2015 - 09:31 PM.

#124 Euphoric1RW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:43 PM

Good job on CW yesterday MS. It was fun!

Posted Image

#125 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 05:01 AM

Applied ^^

#126 Diddi Doedel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 195 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 26 August 2015 - 11:29 PM

View PostExentius, on 21 August 2015 - 09:30 PM, said:

Hey guys, i dropped some times with you and would like to know how much people you have for the EU Prime time, and wich one of your sub-units is more present on the 5 PM to 10 PM UTC part of the day, and wich IS mechs are the most likely to be bought for an IS Drop Deck.

There are usually a number of members of the following sub-units present durint the timeframe your asked about:
Swords of Kentares, Isengrim, Gold Eagle Merc Corp,, The Forsaken Few.

As for the dropdecks, just check visit our teamspeak server at ts.mercstaralliance,com, no password needed. We do have a so called learning channel where we explain the dropdecks we use for IS or Clan.

Hope to drop with you soon again.

#127 DevlinCognito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 504 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth

Posted 01 September 2015 - 01:40 PM

Big thankyou to MS for your recent work in Davion space, you actually managed to light a fire under our faction and seeing Davion attack planets with *gasp* players on them is a miracle unto itself! Friendly folks on comms too.

+1, would definately recommend these guys if you absolutely must sell your soul to the almighty C-Bill and become a merc.

#128 Armando

CookieWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • LocationRaiding the Cookie Jar

Posted 06 September 2015 - 01:52 PM

View PostDevlinCognito, on 01 September 2015 - 01:40 PM, said:

Big thankyou to MS for your recent work in Davion space, you actually managed to light a fire under our faction and seeing Davion attack planets with *gasp* players on them is a miracle unto itself! Friendly folks on comms too.

+1, would definately recommend these guys if you absolutely must sell your soul to the almighty C-Bill and become a merc.

Thank you for your kind words. Many people think we are a bunch of meanies, until they drop with us and realize that we are a bunch of laid back guys who know how to play the game as it was designed (teams of players against teams of players). Most of the time we are a group of hammers, from time to time we get nailed, but we ALWAYS have fun. /wink

#129 Memnon Valerius Thrax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 766 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 September 2015 - 08:11 AM

i rly thank you guys (and all others from REX) for you fair play on Grim Portico and for not stomping us
it was my last Chance to reach the Points for the Event and you gave me and some others the chance to make Points.

I would make the same for you next time.
cheers bros

#130 longwang

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 10:39 AM

Hey,

Looking to join a unit, and played with an MS guy in solo / pug. Are you still looking for veteran with decent skills, looking to learn more?

#131 crustydog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 October 2015 - 10:22 AM

It's been about half a year since the week long Tukkayid campaign - and I remember doing 100+ CW drops during the battle for the planet with Mercstar - we emerged victorious and the payoff was HUGE! Solid players, solid leaders and a learning experience like no other... not to mention the fun ( fun being perhaps the most important factor in sustaining a week long campaign.)

During that week Mercstar opened an important new chapter in my MWO experience, and showed me an epic side of this game I didn't know existed prior to that battle.

Earlier today, approximately six months later, I have now added the MS Tag to my uniform as a member of the MRDR I-4ce team. I am here to continue the good times, the friendships, and the victories... and if the first six hours of dropping this morning are any indication, this is going to be a most excellent year!

#132 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 03 October 2015 - 11:44 AM

Welcome back Crusty - good drops.

#133 Diddi Doedel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 195 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 04 October 2015 - 09:56 PM

View Postlongwang, on 02 October 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

Hey,

Looking to join a unit, and played with an MS guy in solo / pug. Are you still looking for veteran with decent skills, looking to learn more?

We are always looking for veterans that are willing and able to take the next step.
First step would be to stop by our teamspeak server and simply drop with us. You can also apply via our Forum to either MS as a whole or to one of our sub-units in particular.

Hope to see you soon in the drops, Longwang.

#134 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 04 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

View Postcrustydog, on 03 October 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

It's been about half a year since the week long Tukkayid campaign - and I remember doing 100+ CW drops during the battle for the planet with Mercstar - we emerged victorious and the payoff was HUGE! Solid players, solid leaders and a learning experience like no other... not to mention the fun ( fun being perhaps the most important factor in sustaining a week long campaign.)

During that week Mercstar opened an important new chapter in my MWO experience, and showed me an epic side of this game I didn't know existed prior to that battle.

Earlier today, approximately six months later, I have now added the MS Tag to my uniform as a member of the MRDR I-4ce team. I am here to continue the good times, the friendships, and the victories... and if the first six hours of dropping this morning are any indication, this is going to be a most excellent year!

Crusty: the best laughting in ts!
That sound puts one in a good mood :D

#135 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:59 PM

Hey MS guys, someone suggested i ask you guys about this, have any of you figured out a clan counter to the IS tactic of "wait around the corner, rush when the clans get close, kill them in short range due to tankier mechs and better heat efficiency"?

#136 gloowa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 645 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:20 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 16 December 2015 - 08:59 PM, said:

Hey MS guys, someone suggested i ask you guys about this, have any of you figured out a clan counter to the IS tactic of "wait around the corner, rush when the clans get close, kill them in short range due to tankier mechs and better heat efficiency"?

Yeah, you send the newest unit member in first. Tell him to "scout" behind that corner 200m away. If there is bazillion lazors and mech parts flying out after he takes the turn, you hit on breaks.

"found themaaargh"

#137 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 23 December 2015 - 07:58 AM

In all seriousness, IS has two main advantages, extreme long range and brawl. Clan wins at the midrange, all else being equal.

For the IS to effectively use their advantages, they have to build for it and drop together, so you'll almost never see this happen with pugs, only organized teams.

So, the tactic is pretty easy to spot: if you see them in the back and out in the open early, they're going range. If you see no one, expect the brawl.

To beat range, close in under cover and use your heat advantage. Pretty simple.

Beating the brawl is tougher if they know where you're likely to be. The answer there is a combination of misdirection and accurate shooting. If you can spread them out chasing you, you can get the numbers advantage. If you can leg a few and keep the fight moving out of range of the crippled mechs, you can again get a numbers advantage.

They key is to never let them get close enough to rush you in the open. That's sometimes easier said than done.

Also, the new meta for clans is less laser vomit and more ballistics (dual UAC10, 3 ERML EBJ is a personal favorite right now). With the better heat efficiency they offer, you have a better shot at fending off a brawl.

Edited by Khereg, 23 December 2015 - 08:00 AM.

#138 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:30 PM

But when IS are defending, nothing stops them from simply standing behind a corner near the gate which forces you to walk into their range. Even if you know they are there, what can you do about it? You cant shoot through the wall to get them and they can just wait forever since they are defending.

#139 Khereg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 919 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:13 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 23 December 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

But when IS are defending, nothing stops them from simply standing behind a corner near the gate which forces you to walk into their range. Even if you know they are there, what can you do about it? You cant shoot through the wall to get them and they can just wait forever since they are defending.

A couple of ideas:

1. Go to the other gate after distracting them. (see misdirection, above). We use this on Grim, Vitric, and Taiga, b/c those gates are relatively close together and it's easy to call an audible once you figure out what they're doing.

On Sulphurous and Hellebore, the gates are so far apart, if they gamble on stacking one, you have a 50/50 shot at catching them at the wrong one. If you get unlucky, you may be hosed. If they stay in the middle, you can get inside and set up before they can get to brawling range.

If they try this on Boreal and know what they're doing it's tough, b/c they can camp the E5 wall and no matter how you come in they're going to spring the trap... Although, Boreal is tailor made for the range game, so I don't know how often you'll see this there.

2. Strikes, strikes, and more strikes. Lots of strikes before committing... If you know where they are, they're likely tightly clumped. Use a bunch of strikes before going in and soften them up.

3. Finally, legs. Even after the structure buffs (or especially after the structure buffs), legs are still the weakest point of a mech. Many players strip armor there to free up tonnage. Punish them for this.

#3 takes a lot of skill to pull off and the whole team needs to commit to it. We have a routine where we know we want to hit X leg first, Y leg next to finish them off. If everybody commits to shooting the same leg on a called target, they go down amazingly fast. Seraphim Rising Storm (Seraphim's top comp team) uses this technique in comp matches regularly to great effect.

If some team members shoot legs and others torsos, you will die that much faster because you're spreading damage all over the enemy and playing right into their hands. I can't overemphasize: EVERYONE needs to be shooting legs. I wouldn't try this unless you have a real 12-man with everyone on comms.

Good luck.

Edited to add: With the clans' speed advantage it also helps to hustle and get a gate open and get inside. On Grim, Taiga, and (usually) Boreal, clans can get the gate open before the defenders have a chance to get in position. If you're lucky, you can catch them strung out and take a couple down before they form up. Don't bring DWF's to CW if you want to try this.

Edited by Khereg, 24 December 2015 - 11:27 AM.

#140 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 24 December 2015 - 11:23 AM

I, for one, look forward to pushing the Falcons back to Botany Bay with you. :D

Welcome to Steiner space, Mercstar!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users