#1 PaladinCrow

• PipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 23 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGeorgia USA

Posted 01 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

I see the idea of the map progression as similar to the rush mode in Battlefield. You fight to capture or destroy an objective and that opens a new section of the map. CW could potentially implement this with the out of bounds area (not sure if they have to code in place to do live changes, but it would be a good start and add a lot of possibilities to the maps and modes).

For example, in CW, give the landing zone at the beginning of the map some more space and obstacles with the goal being to first secure the landing zone (base capture) and once that has been achieved then another section will be opened by moving the out of bounds line back and the defenders spawn back (possibly give the attackers some "recovered" trial mechs as additional incentive to complete smaller objective and keep the game going). From here you can progress to the walls and generators, then the cannon door generators, then the cannon itself. Nothing should be linear and easily passable. The idea is to give the sense of siege, and by creating moveable spawns and boundaries a lot of this can be achieved. This could also be applied with other game modes to create new CW modes involving resource captures (although I would expect them to be working on something like that already, seems logical).

Just my 2 cents here. I ask that responses are polite and respectful.

Edited by thakillaposse42, 01 January 2015 - 12:01 PM.

#2 Anvil Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • LocationShionoha SF Bay Area

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:03 AM

I do like the concept.

It would be a first step to just have different bounds that could be used. Either different phases of play as you suggest and/or just to have different versions of the same map.

#3 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:20 PM

This is what the OP is looking for, but at a strategic level.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users