#1 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:17 AM

Posted Image

This is why we are loosing IS worlds, the clans are not defending anything yet we have FOUR teams waiting in limbo to fight TWO clan attacking teams.

That's 2 teams that could be attacking un-defended clan worlds, at least taking them through ghost drops and getting us some territory back
Put the clans on the defensive, if you see a few people, in a lobby you can join, to attack a clan world get in there and make it a 12.

#2 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:20 AM

Maybe people just don't like doing ghost drops... Their fun is more important than dots on a screen.

Cheers!
Eboli

#3 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:53 AM

Just put the pressure on one clanplanet and you will see that the queue is going to fill.
Solopugs will allways look for the biggest queues to get a fast game but in the past this was only on IS planets.
So if you have a 12man attack one clanplanet and you will see that many soloplayers will join you on attack/defend.

Edited by Reitmeier, 03 January 2015 - 04:54 AM.

#4 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 03 January 2015 - 04:57 AM

Second that, I just want a battle and if I dont have a party Im going where the fight is, Ghost drops shouldnt happen anyway.

#5 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:18 AM

View PostEboli, on 03 January 2015 - 04:20 AM, said:

Maybe people just don't like doing ghost drops... Their fun is more important than dots on a screen.

Cheers!
Eboli

Even more so when those dots on the screen give you no in game advantage and losing them doesn't cause you any disadvantage. I mean the way CW is now the IS might as well just be some blinking Christmas tree lights that every time they change whoever ends up with a net gain or loss goes on the forum and brags about how powerful their faction is of they gained or whines about how unbalanced the system is if they lost numbers.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 03 January 2015 - 05:19 AM.

#6 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:33 AM

A grand total of 73 guys in queue across all those planets... depressing.

Why would guys attack an empty planet? Attacking empty planets is pointless aside of RP stuff, which many don't care for.
I would never sit in the queue for 10 min, then kill turrets for 2 minutes without acutally playing, making cbills or xp for RP reasons.

I couldn't care less who owns which planet, and given the current CW implementation it simply doesn't matter who owns what. Guys want to play the game and not sit in queues or play against turrets.

Edited by meteorol, 03 January 2015 - 05:35 AM.

#7 Tiger 6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:39 AM

I'm guessing most of the defenders are from factions who don't border clan works, and therefore are unable to join the attack queue for a clan planet ;)

#8 Ductus Hase

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 03 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

I dont have a problem with Ghost-Drops - I do have a problem with wasting my time waiting for others to join.
That is a problem with the community.

I am pissed waiting with a 12man of Pugs to drop for half an hour or even more. Even without 60+.
That is a design problem.
60+ isn´t enough, if 90 could drop it should show 90+ so ppl dont waste time waiting for a drop that never comes because of no territory to fight for.
If a 12man is gathered and there is territory to fight for there should be a drop.

#9 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 03 January 2015 - 08:18 AM

Then they should stay in the PUB queue

#10 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

Cheers!
Eboli

Bingo!

#11 TK TikTok

• PipPip
  • Galaxy Commander II
  • 20 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 10:15 AM

Cheers!
Eboli

Posted Image
http://www.wavsource...omer/doh1_y.wav

#12 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 03 January 2015 - 07:38 PM

Bots...

#13 Revener

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSvea Rike

Posted 03 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

Would also be nice if the "planet name" needs attackers pop up , did not pop up when a planet have 60 attackers VS 30 defenders......

#14 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:50 AM

Cheers!
Eboli

That is what the Public Queues are for. CW is for campaign thinking and strategy and that isn't always 'fun'.

If they got rid of ghost drops counting... then this is not a problem because people wouldn't have to do them to win planets like they currently have to.

#15 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:22 AM

If they got rid of ghost drops counting... then this is not a problem because people wouldn't have to do them to win planets like they currently have to.

Horrible idea. If Ghost Drops don't count the best way to defend a planet would be to never defend it.

Think about it. Ghost Drops punish a faction for not defending by giving attackers a way to score victories on systems where nobody defends or the other side weakly defends against a strong attack. If Ghost Drops ((or some other punishing mechanic)) don't exist, then if Faction X invades a Planet from FAction Y with 60 people, and Faction Y chooses not to defend... then Faction X can't take the planet.

That's stupid.

#16 FatManBlue

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 37 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:29 AM

View PostTiger 6, on 03 January 2015 - 05:39 AM, said:

I'm guessing most of the defenders are from factions who don't border clan works, and therefore are unable to join the attack queue for a clan planet ;)

If they are Davion, they are probably devoting all their efforts to attacking their IS neighbors.

#17 Tiger 6

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

That is because those are precisely the only people Davion can attack...

Plenty of us Davion's have had a turn at bat (or tried to) defending on the clan borders. Maybe more of us could help out, if you guys stopped hogging the defensive queue and attacked instead :ph34r:

#18 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:33 AM

Ghost dropping is bad habit, dosent pay of much (besides LP and some cash) and think of the poor turrets! What have they ever done to you? :o
You dont see a ton of turrets invading your world for just standing there.... shooting air and all :ph34r:

#19 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:37 AM

As long as you don't have any advantages from owning planets this won't change

#20 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:40 AM

It's kind of a catch-22.

You can defend all-day every day and make some money...but in the end lose a bunch of your planets because no matter HOW long you defend, you'll eventually lose a planet without taking any.

Or, you can push out and attack planets that no one bothers to defend, and get crap money for ghost wins and derision from the 'defenders' and push your borders back.

The happy conjoining of attacking to push out your borders on a planet that doesn't already have 60+/60+ and finding matches against real people is a rarity. I wish it were otherwise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users