#21 Desicator

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 34 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:49 AM

View PostKarpundir, on 06 January 2015 - 09:06 AM, said:

In any game of strategy, one must look at the current moves made and why those moves are being made in order to anticipate what is to come.

*** hoc ergo propter hoc, is a logical fallacy.

*should have figured it would block that word :/

Edited by Desicator, 06 January 2015 - 10:52 AM.

#22 Karpundir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:52 AM

IF I am incorrect in my assessment, then I would be happy if I am proved wrong!

#23 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:57 AM

View PostDesicator, on 06 January 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

*** hoc ergo propter hoc, is a logical fallacy.

*should have figured it would block that word :/

logic has nothing to do with human actions.

#24 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:18 PM

View PostLiam Avery, on 04 January 2015 - 01:24 PM, said:

The Kurita/Steiner border has been quiet for a long time, but there is no official ceasefire that I am made aware of - and I discuss these sort of things with a Kuritan... House Kurita and House Steiner are currently in a 'cold war' state as both sides should more or less be dealing with the clans.

This one - both our houses are pretty much surrounded by enemies. At least we Steiners have the FedCom to fall back on, so that's one less border we have to worry about, but then again, we have Marik, sooooo...

PUGs are welcome to that border, but I think the organized groups are primarily focused on the Clans in general, and Jade Falcon in particular. To a lesser extent, Marik poking at our bellies. Kurita's got their hands full and aren't pushing the border, so there's no real reason for Steiner to open up yet another front. Same with FRR.

#25 lpmagic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • 319 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

View PostKarpundir, on 05 January 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

If you will notice, The FRR has not made any aggressive moves toward Steiner as we are fighting back exclusively on the Clan front, as Steiner should be doing. The only time FRR forces engage with Steiner forces is when The FRR is required to defend it. In most cases, The FRR ends up conceding the planet because our forces are needed against the Clans.

At this time, you have MS and CI who are giving you plenty of attack power, but what about when they leave to go back to CGB? They have come to clearly make their mark and have made enemies of nearly all of your borders. If you cannot see that their hidden agenda is to cause instability between the IS houses, so that CGB can more easily focus exclusively on IS territory, then your leaders are completely oblivious to the overarching Ghost Bear strategy. They will leave you to deal with more enemies than you started with.
If you look at the initial attacks, you will see that The FRR has no interest in fighting with Steiners or Kuritans. The DCMS understands this and has agreed to a NAP with The FRR. Let's put our past behind us and look to the future with Steiner and The FRR fighting our common enemy, The Clans. This is how it will look:

1. Steiner can focus on fighting Clans Wolf and Jade Falcon without concern about their IS borders.

2. The FRR can focus on fighting Wolf and CGB on our borders, while being able to share with Steiner defensive forces where Wolf is concerned. This is mutually beneficial, since it divides Wolf forces on 2 fronts. If Wolf is weak when Steiner is focused against CJF, then CJF may seek to eat Wolf meat. We have already seen aggression by CJF toward Wolf, so this is likely to happen. The Bears may get hungry, as well, since battle-hardened Viking meat is old, tough and gamey. We already know that MS and CI are hungry and have been itching to try Wolf meat, which is a side benefit of coming to Steiner temporarily.

3. Our 2 factions' actions can help rally the IS against the Clans on defense, so that the bordering Clan-IS factions can focus on pushing them back. Our infighting is only benefiting the Clans and it really does need to stop.

I implore the Steiner units and leadership to consider the above picture and open a dialogue with The FRR about a NAP. I know that Steiner wants to show strength and not back down, as does The FRR, but we should show it where it most matters... at the Clan front.

Or, you could just crush FRR with the help the clans and forget this nonsense, are vikings to be trusted in the art of politicking? I think not :)

Careful now Steiner bretheren, your mercs are stirring up things on many fronts as Karpundir has stated, understand He is also a Merc and not likely to stay in one place, have a care how your choices are dictated for you as to how you align yourselves and where you think your going, you will soon be devoid of your big thwocky sticks, do you think the vikings will not watch your unguarded flanks without taking a tiny bit of booty here and there????

Could not resist karp <S> :P

Edited by lpmagic, 06 January 2015 - 07:30 PM.

#26 Mr G

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 08:52 PM

The attack power Merc units like MS and CI grant Steiner, or any other faction we work for, comes from focus, coordination and knowledge of the meta. If you guys actually got together and stopped goofing around you wouldn't have to worry about losing -MS- for a week or two. With the resources and people you have there is no reason why you shouldn't be taking at least one planet a day. -MS- is more than willing to help whip you into the iron power fist you should be; for a slight additional fee of course.

#27 Shalune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCombination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:05 PM

View PostAbivard, on 06 January 2015 - 10:57 AM, said:

logic has nothing to do with human actions.

Then you should direct that at your compatriot who's trying to claim it as the basis of his/her argument.

#28 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:31 PM

Just for all you truce lovers out there....

Posted Image

Truces are lame

Edited by Keira RAVEN McKenna, 06 January 2015 - 11:44 PM.

#29 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:20 PM

View PostShalune, on 06 January 2015 - 09:05 PM, said:

Then you should direct that at your compatriot who's trying to claim it as the basis of his/her argument.

Straw argument much?

The only person to mention logic was your compatriot that I quoted.

I am thinking that you don't know what logic means, So I will give you a hint, it isn't just a catch phrase Spock used on Star Trek.

I doubt you understood the Latin phrase your compatriot misquoted either, That is perfectly understandable as you seem to think logic itself is something it isn't. What you are assuming must be logic is in fact more properly termed speculation and/or extrapolation.
There is some statement of Facts, perhaps you conflate Fact and logic? One could speculate all day as to what was going through your head when you read these posts and replied as you did.

However as there is no evidence of any type of intelligent or reasoned response by you to any of the posts under question, one could extrapolate that you are merely a failure as a troll.

#30 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:22 PM

Just makin' friends every where you go, aren't you little man?

#31 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 06 January 2015 - 11:49 PM

View PostAbivard, on 06 January 2015 - 11:20 PM, said:

Dribble, dribble, verbal diarrhoea, logorrhea, followed by more pointless dribble...

My god... and I thought movie characters like McLovin and the Simpsons character Martin couldn't be based on real life people... then you came along.

Edited by Keira RAVEN McKenna, 06 January 2015 - 11:54 PM.

#32 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:44 AM

View PostKarpundir, on 05 January 2015 - 10:18 AM, said:

If you will notice, The FRR has not made any aggressive moves toward Steiner as we are fighting back exclusively on the Clan front, as Steiner should be doing. The only time FRR forces engage with Steiner forces is when The FRR is required to defend it. In most cases, The FRR ends up conceding the planet because our forces are needed against the Clans.

At this time, you have MS and CI who are giving you plenty of attack power, but what about when they leave to go back to CGB? They have come to clearly make their mark and have made enemies of nearly all of your borders. If you cannot see that their hidden agenda is to cause instability between the IS houses, so that CGB can more easily focus exclusively on IS territory, then your leaders are completely oblivious to the overarching Ghost Bear strategy. They will leave you to deal with more enemies than you started with.
If you look at the initial attacks, you will see that The FRR has no interest in fighting with Steiners or Kuritans. The DCMS understands this and has agreed to a NAP with The FRR. Let's put our past behind us and look to the future with Steiner and The FRR fighting our common enemy, The Clans. This is how it will look:

1. Steiner can focus on fighting Clans Wolf and Jade Falcon without concern about their IS borders.

2. The FRR can focus on fighting Wolf and CGB on our borders, while being able to share with Steiner defensive forces where Wolf is concerned. This is mutually beneficial, since it divides Wolf forces on 2 fronts. If Wolf is weak when Steiner is focused against CJF, then CJF may seek to eat Wolf meat. We have already seen aggression by CJF toward Wolf, so this is likely to happen. The Bears may get hungry, as well, since battle-hardened Viking meat is old, tough and gamey. We already know that MS and CI are hungry and have been itching to try Wolf meat, which is a side benefit of coming to Steiner temporarily.

3. Our 2 factions' actions can help rally the IS against the Clans on defense, so that the bordering Clan-IS factions can focus on pushing them back. Our infighting is only benefiting the Clans and it really does need to stop.

I implore the Steiner units and leadership to consider the above picture and open a dialogue with The FRR about a NAP. I know that Steiner wants to show strength and not back down, as does The FRR, but we should show it where it most matters... at the Clan front.

you think to much in to it MercStar fights where there are fights, were here to make cbills that is all, want us to stop fighting you?
then pay us.

#33 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:53 AM

View Posthybrid black, on 07 January 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:

you think to much in to it MercStar fights where there are fights, were here to make cbills that is all, want us to stop fighting you?
then pay us.

Snerk. With what, bitcoin? Everyone who plays this game is a Merc, because every payment is mandated by PGI, and the only think taking a planet gets you is bragging rights.

#34 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 07 January 2015 - 11:53 AM, said:

Snerk. With what, bitcoin? Everyone who plays this game is a Merc, because every payment is mandated by PGI, and the only think taking a planet gets you is bragging rights.

no you can have someone join a unit and put money in to the unit coffer, wont be the first time we were paid to go some where else

#35 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:09 PM

View Posthybrid black, on 07 January 2015 - 11:55 AM, said:

no you can have someone join a unit and put money in to the unit coffer, wont be the first time we were paid to go some where else

Lol, good for you guys. Glad someone out there has C-Bills to spread about! Since the unit coffer currently serves no purpose, it honestly hadn't even occurred to me :)

Edited by Ghost Badger, 07 January 2015 - 12:10 PM.

#36 hybrid black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 844 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

View PostGhost Badger, on 07 January 2015 - 12:09 PM, said:

Lol, good for you guys. Glad someone out there has C-Bills to waste :)

yah lots of role players to take advantage of

#37 Joe Psycho

• PipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

I like tacos.

Thats a fact you can bet on.

#38 MerlinKhan777

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:03 PM

View PostMisfir3, on 03 January 2015 - 09:51 PM, said:

all right then, thanks for the comments, in the future we will attack them if we feel like it. we were only messing around anyways and wasnt looking to flip the planet in just the couple of drops we did.

How come you didn't flip the planet we flipped yours, and dropped three of your best units doing it?

#39 Docta Dakka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 173 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostMerlinKhan777, on 22 January 2015 - 03:03 PM, said:

How come you didn't flip the planet we flipped yours, and dropped three of your best units doing it?

you must be smoking some good crack. you mean the 5 man team where we had 1 drop on the davion front and everyone got bent out of shape? you do know this thread was about kurita you nerfherder? and you flipped the planet that no one defended, so clap?

Edited by Misfir3, 22 January 2015 - 03:11 PM.

#40 MerlinKhan777

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:44 PM

View PostMisfir3, on 22 January 2015 - 03:08 PM, said:

you must be smoking some good crack. you mean the 5 man team where we had 1 drop on the davion front and everyone got bent out of shape? you do know this thread was about kurita you nerfherder? and you flipped the planet that no one defended, so clap?

Yoou must of not know how to read, we had 11 drops against ci, MS and Srot and won every one, what do you mean they were not defended. you must be smoking some good crack. Oh by the way we were running trial mechs, so give your self a clap.

Edited by MerlinKhan777, 22 January 2015 - 06:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users