Question About Mechs In Warfare

4 replies to this topic

#1 Xulu

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 08:50 AM

Ok, so I have a question regarding mechs. I use a few mechs, but when looking these mechs up, they aren't marik mechs. I like the faction, but I'd like to know if you are limited to using certain mechs? I have been on a break for a few months, seems a lot has changed. I'd just like some clarification. Thanks for your help!

#2 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:01 AM

View PostXulu, on 11 January 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

Ok, so I have a question regarding mechs. I use a few mechs, but when looking these mechs up, they aren't marik mechs. I like the faction, but I'd like to know if you are limited to using certain mechs? I have been on a break for a few months, seems a lot has changed. I'd just like some clarification. Thanks for your help!

No, the only limitation to using mechs is whether you want to Role Play it or not (you just can't use Clan mechs when fighting for the IS). You are not required to use Marik mechs in CW.

Welcome back :D

#3 Xulu

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 09:12 AM

View PostRoadbeer, on 11 January 2015 - 09:01 AM, said:

No, the only limitation to using mechs is whether you want to Role Play it or not (you just can't use Clan mechs when fighting for the IS). You are not required to use Marik mechs in CW.

Welcome back :D

Thanks for the info!

#4 P h a l a n x

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 10 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:32 PM

If you are after Marik-favoured mechs though, you want this list:

http://www.sarna.net...gue_BattleMechs

#5 Jakob Knight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:22 PM

View PostXulu, on 11 January 2015 - 08:50 AM, said:

The only restrictions on what mechs you can take in CW at the moment are:

> If you are an Inner Sphere faction, you cannot use Clan mechs or equipment. If you a Clan faction, you cannot use Inner Sphere mechs or equipment.

> You must bring 4 mechs, no more and no less, and the total tonnage of all four of these mechs must fall between 140 and 240 tons.

> Either mechs you own or the current Trial mechs may be used.

> Modules cannot be swapped between dead mechs and the ones left aboard your dropship, so be sure you have the four mechs already set up before you drop.

Other than these rules, you can take whatever you want. Understand also that this is Beta for CW, and so things may well change sooner or later. But, for now, mechs are only restricted by if they are Clan produced, or Inner-Sphere produced.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users