79 replies to this topic

#21 Mav40121

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

um.... yes? Third pilot from the bottom actually....

#22 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:55 PM

Third pilot from the bottom is "2Cats"

#23 Mav40121

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:57 PM

Please make sure you click on the first link and not the one titled "don't feel bad, here is a different drop where we won even faster that you were not involved with."

Sorry, I forgot, Liao pilots, to complicated. Here is the link again.

http://s1298.photobu...html?sort=3&o=0

#24 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:27 PM

Oooh, your 12 man managed to zerg rush a mixed group. Can I sit at your lunch table?

#25 Helsbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationThe frozen hell that is Wisconsin.

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:30 PM

I gotta agree with MischiefSC, you guys do have some solid pilots and these engagements have been a great deal of fun (the shooting ones mind you, the turret drops are boring as hell and pay crap...). Plus, you guys gotta admit, if you rolled in and took one of our main planets, you'd be giving us a little good humored crap for letting that happen as well. In fact, I'm lookin forward to seeing how long we can keep our name on this slice of real estate. I know I'll have a lot of fun trying to keep it on our side of the border. <S>

#26 Mav40121

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 32 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:00 PM

Amen hels

#27 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:40 AM

C'mon guys, why bother? As long as planets are nothing more then dots in space with no actual meaning, does it matter which color it has?

#28 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 21 January 2015 - 07:58 AM

View PostMav40121, on 20 January 2015 - 07:31 PM, said:

I seem to remember leading a drop against you tonight... I could be wrong, but isn't your name on this screen shot of you losing in the second wave?

http://s1298.photobu...654e88.jpg.html

Yes! My last (9th) game of the evening. The only one I was involved with that i lost that night.
Your team Zerged through GAmma gate with 8 or 10 lights then left the same way after knocking out the gen located there.
re zerged through Alpha after distraction at beta Gate. At that stage it was 12-0 kill wise but all gens out .
You pushed through Beta with heavy/assault and killed the Gen.
Nice Zerg/Bait and switch. I've seen it before but your execution was excellent and we were off in coordination.

#29 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

C'mon guys, why bother? As long as planets are nothing more then dots in space with no actual meaning, does it matter which color it has?

You're not in a faction, ergo the whole thing outside pubbie queues is meaningless as well.

Competition is it's own reward.

#30 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

2Cats is one of ours. That must have been the drop before I got on. They had just fought some guys who were doing the light rush so they left the planet to go fight clanners as they felt there was no fun in that and it was generally a waste of time to fight people who don't fight back. I made them go back and it was nothing but turret drops after that, also a waste of time.

Hopefully all IS vs IS isn't light rushing, or we won't be playing it at all, as there's no c-bills to be made and the gams are shorter than the wait and the planets are worthless anyways.

#31 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostHARDKOR, on 21 January 2015 - 11:14 AM, said:

2Cats is one of ours. That must have been the drop before I got on. They had just fought some guys who were doing the light rush so they left the planet to go fight clanners as they felt there was no fun in that and it was generally a waste of time to fight people who don't fight back. I made them go back and it was nothing but turret drops after that, also a waste of time.

Hopefully all IS vs IS isn't light rushing, or we won't be playing it at all, as there's no c-bills to be made and the gams are shorter than the wait and the planets are worthless anyways.

The problem is that zerging is the easiest, most reliable way to win that requires the least amount of skill and effort. Attrition is possible but a lot harder. The defense is JJ mechs standing on the Omega ledge. It's not possible to protect the ogens from a halfway organized light zerg.

Where you see the light zerg fail is people who don't all show up for it or the guys who get distracted chasing kills or when they don't actually all commit. You'll get the zerg group that goes in, then stops at the gate to shoot 1 guy or something goofy.

#32 Vas79

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 826 posts
  • LocationSt Ives, Capitol Apocalypse Lancer Compact

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

Once again it's because there is no risk to the zerg rush besides losing the match. It must be some boring to queue up the lights and run like hell for two waves.

#33 Gorgo7

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,216 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

Vas,

It doesn't pay well either.

General rule (when with Liao) when attacking is to win through attrition.

It pays, very well indeed!

Edited by Gorgo7, 21 January 2015 - 11:50 AM.

#34 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

On the attack, we generally prefer to grind down enemy forces. Even on a loss, that's much better earnings. Defenses, it's good to favor lights on the opener to intercept, but if you're ripping apart an initial wave, things get much more grindish.

#35 DaynarFaol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 103 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:11 PM

The point is the objective. As long as the Ares Conventions of warfare are not violated then most tactics are decent ones. Keeping in mind that many of the defenders tend to setup on the drop point now after defeating a wave. But that is war for you.

#36 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

View PostVas79, on 21 January 2015 - 11:45 AM, said:

Once again it's because there is no risk to the zerg rush besides losing the match. It must be some boring to queue up the lights and run like hell for two waves.

So what you see is the zerg tactics until 60-70%, then people go to attrition. Unless you're in an 8man+ and dropping against a pug unit, then attrition works just fine. Otherwise though it's zergtown.

#37 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:23 PM

Well, if you zerg us, expect to not play us again, as we'll just go somewhere more profitable. We come to fight, not to play rugby.

You can whup on us all night and make millions, if you fight us.

You'll get a GG either way, we just won't be there next time you cue up.

#38 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

View PostHARDKOR, on 21 January 2015 - 02:23 PM, said:

Well, if you zerg us, expect to not play us again, as we'll just go somewhere more profitable. We come to fight, not to play rugby.

You can whup on us all night and make millions, if you fight us.

You'll get a GG either way, we just won't be there next time you cue up.

I'm 110% onboard with hating the zerg tactic. I'm a fan of having more turrets further out and have all turrets favor side torsos or legs. That makes clearing turrets, then ogens, then Omega the ideal approach and involves a lot more steady pushes with heavies/mediums, a few assaults and a few lights.

Right now though that's the meta. Much like the old PPC meta it sucks but it's what wins, until PGI changes things.

#39 Lacewing

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 238 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:30 PM

http://youtu.be/JSUIQgEVDM4?t=55s

#40 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:52 PM

View PostDaynar, on 21 January 2015 - 12:11 PM, said:

The point is the objective. As long as the Ares Conventions of warfare are not violated then most tactics are decent ones. Keeping in mind that many of the defenders tend to setup on the drop point now after defeating a wave. But that is war for you.

No it isn't. It's a video game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users