- - - - -

Completed: Operation Mech Bay

52 replies to this topic

#21 Gravebayne

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:18 PM

Hey. I just started playing a few days ago. I think i'm going to try and get points and elite out the hunch backs. I like my catapult way too much to sell off and i have a raven to play lights in PUGs. i have 1 hunch and only one more space to get another. after that i'm out of bays. Would love to have another one so i could work all 3 hunchbacks and make it to elite status. Thank you so much for offering those slots. :)

#22 Donnerkeil666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal II
  • Marshal II
  • 164 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:19 PM

I like your attitude! It's really generous of you! This community is awesome.

#23 BUDFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, UK

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:34 PM

I don't want the mech bay - but just wanted to say thank you for this forum topic and your generosity.

#24 Ryan220

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 11:40 PM

Ive been playing MWO for about six weeks and I have to say the community on the whole is very good and in this case generous.

I dont have any spare Mech Bays but I do have lots of Mechs so Im not actually entering btw.

Just wanted to add my thanks to a forum community thats newbie friendly

#25 Richard Samorano

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:47 AM

My name is Richard and i am trying to get started playing MWO. I am a veteran of MW2, MW2 merc, MW3. and MW4. But i am sometimes overwhelmed by computer issues with this computer. I am trying desperately to get started on this game. I am not even sure i qualify for this mech bay your giving away. I am even trying to figure out how to use a mech bay and why i need one. I am sorry to say that i am a COMPLETE NOOB :( But i am willing to learn! Thanx for any tips anyone can send me. Figured i would sign up for any kind of help getting started.
I am not sure if i am supposed to ad my email or not but here it is <redacted>

Edited by Alexander Garden, 21 January 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#26 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 21 January 2015 - 01:05 AM

View PostRichard Samorano, on 21 January 2015 - 12:47 AM, said:

My name is Richard and i am trying to get started playing MWO. I am a veteran of MW2, MW2 merc, MW3. and MW4. But i am sometimes overwhelmed by computer issues with this computer. I am trying desperately to get started on this game. I am not even sure i qualify for this mech bay your giving away. I am even trying to figure out how to use a mech bay and why i need one. I am sorry to say that i am a COMPLETE NOOB :( But i am willing to learn! Thanx for any tips anyone can send me. Figured i would sign up for any kind of help getting started.
I am not sure if i am supposed to ad my email or not but here it is <redacted>.

if you want to own more than 4 Mechs at once you will need more Mechbays, and they are the only essential that you cannot buy with earned ingame currency

a new account starts with 4 Mech bays, they are where you can store Mechs, you can only have 1 Mech in each bay, so a new player can only own 4 Mechs, Mech bays are purchased using MC (you buy MC with real money, it can also be spent on Mechs and cosmetic items) mechbays are sometimes given away in events.

Edited by Alexander Garden, 21 January 2015 - 03:47 PM.

#27 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 05:28 AM

^ excellent brief summary.

#28 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

D'oh! So hard to know if I should or should not try to get a mech bay here...

I've been playing for just about a month now. Friend convinced me that the game had finally been cleaned up and wasn't broken like in the beginning. He told me that Christmas was a good time to start with the holiday bonus of 7 free premium days and the "tournament?" of earning free mech bays and MC. I won 2 mech bays and then was lucky enough to have 300 MC when the 24 hour Jan 1st 1/2 off a mech bay sale so I ended up with a total of 4 extra mech bays. So, I have 4 more mech bays then say a person that just started playing a week ago. I was happy with that and starting to work on a 3rd chassis of mech (Shadowhawk) when the surprise tournament "Win a free Cataphract" came up this past weekend. I worked my tail off trying to win one and did in the end. Now, I have 2 new chassis to work on and not finished with my first 2 and only 1 empty mech bay.... Hmmmmm.....

But any ways... I've been a long time Battletech fan and remember the late 80's war of copyrighted material with Robotech. Warhammer! Please! Come back to me! I miss your awesome PPC arms and sexy shoulder mounted SRM6... I then got to enjoy the Battletech Center in Chicago (a 1 1/2 hour drive that I relished taking a few times a year) and dropping in the pods. Ooooo... so many fond memories of watching the teams ahead of me blow each other up on the live feed monitors. The feel of the cockpit door slamming closed as the LED lights came up with my ammo load and damage report. Then getting the printed battle report at the end going over the damage you inflicted and took in turn. It was so worth the $10 for 15 minutes of playing... <3 Ever since then, I have always wanted to make my own battle pod. It was rumored that they had a heater behind the pilot's seat to simulate heat. At the time I thought it was cool but knowing now as an adult that would be a fire hazard in a public mall, I kind of think it was just flights of fantasy people "wished" were real. It still would have been cool though... =)

I then played through all of the mechwarrior games and I still have them; including the Titanium version of the Win98 MW2 and the $150 Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback joystick. I REALLY wanted to simulate that feeling of blowing up the other guy's mech. One of these days, I am going to reload all of that back on a PC... I just need to find an adapter now to pug the SWFF into a joystick gaming port... =P I even played in the beta of MW3025 by that company we shall not name.... but it began with an E and an A... >_> I was SO mad at them firing the staff and junking the game at 98% completion. It had a very good following and people vowing to make a new one underground. Including people tossing up the skeletons of the present and future mechs they wanted to see. But, as life goes on, people found it taxing and gave up (like many of the 9-11 devoting sites you can still find that haven't been updated in over 10 years...) and it sort of slipped out of memory for everyone.

So, I turned to the WizKids cliks tabletop version and went nuts there. Spent MORE than a few paychecks getting expansions, got to be #1 in my state, became an envoy and then it too died when WizKids fell apart. Ever since then, I was never able to find another gaming group to play with. My gaming friends were always more into D&D so I haven't even played a game in probably 6+ years now.

I looked at MWO once at the very start and kind of felt it wouldn't survive with the current model they had and after reading the gaming reviews, felt it was soon to be another fold under. So, I was very excited to have a friend tell me that MWO was alive and kicking and had improved dramatically. I sort of said at the very start what has happened in that time now and I am pleased to see how it is working out. I have spent a few bucks now to "help out" with the game and I hope to see this game get some legs underneath it.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it... ;)

#29 z MadButcher z

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 102 posts
  • LocationButchers Chop Shop

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:02 PM

I have been playing for two months and I would like a little extra space for either a light or a heavy to help widen my horizons on CW.

#30 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

I am not sure if i am supposed to ad my email or not but here it is [Redacted]

Welcome to MWO.

You may want to remove your email, it is a public thread. At some point if you don't, a moderator will remove it for you. The original poster will not require it to send you the code (if he sends you an instant message it'll appear in your face when you log into MWO's forums with the title "Personal Conversation").

That said...

I am even trying to figure out how to use a mech bay and why i need one. I am sorry to say that i am a COMPLETE NOOB :( But i am willing to learn! Thanx for any tips anyone can send me. Figured i would sign up for any kind of help getting started.

Someone else answered what the mechbays are and why they are needed. I know you stated you are a MW vet (rather than say a Battletech vet), but essentially every Battlemech (locked hardpoints and traits, interchangeable internals) or Omnimech (locked internals, interchangeable hardpoints) requires a home to house and maintain it. This would be a Mechbay.

Currently there is no repair and rearm mechanic (it used to exist and will be looked into again in the future, but for now it doesn't matter). However the mechbay system itself limits how many mechs you can own at any given time. For those who spend none to little money, mechbays might be the only thing they will ever purchase for the convenience of having more space to store more mechs.

I personally exceed 160 and I find that I don't have enough -- but then again I'm also collecting the mechs and rebuying ones I've sold in the past.

In the mean time, I would like to point you towards this handy resource called Smurfy. It literally has just about everything in it, but the link goes directly to the mechbay (specifically to a Hunchback 4G), where you can 'experiment' build anything to find out what it would take to get the design you want.

Remember for any questions you might have, just bring them forth (preferably in the Short Question Short Answer) thread for quick questions or in your own dedicated thread if you feel you will need more detailed answers.

Good luck out there.

#31 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:29 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 20 January 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

Ok, whats your cool story bro'?

Im a monthling or whatever.
Ive got crabs but I need the third and it will need a mechbay, but I could MC the bay so others are more needy.
I have no credits though, I spent all on an XL engine for crab to make it like 8km faster for 6 million credits and now I cant even credit purchase the third crab which was kind of dumb.
But if I get a bay I will stick a crustacean in it as soon as I can and perhaps one day achieve more than 300dmg average with him and you will be able to say "I gave that victorious crab its house".

#32 Ano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 637 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:36 AM

Don't need the bay, but good on you Dawg, and nice job PGI for spotting Dawg's plan and piling on :)

#33 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostScum of the Earth, on 21 January 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

I then played through all of the mechwarrior games and I still have them; including the Titanium version of the Win98 MW2

I remember how sad I was when I discovered the Titanium Edition was not compatible with the Ghost Bear expansion pack. :(

I don't suppose you've played Megamek (the unofficial computerized version of tabletop)? While its mechlab isn't as good as the Solaris Skunkwerks, the fact that you can actually play it (where Skunkwerks seems to just keep track of results and lets you build and fluff things) is pretty neat, especially for those of us who don't have tabletop fans nearby.

#34 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:01 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 22 January 2015 - 06:29 AM, said:

make it like 8km faster for 6 million credits and now I cant even credit purchase the third crab

Oh wait young padawan...sooner or later you might do what many of us have done...SELL an expensive mech accidently.
I sold a stalker...not paying attention..thinking the one I sold in my excitement was fully basic'd out...it wasn't...I sold it with one more slot to finish research....had to grind and grind ("lesser" mechs) for a couple of WEEKS (life interrupts) buy it, click "research" and sell it again....oh..I forgot to mention...I had enough xp to finish it off, just forgot to seconds before I sold it...

#35 R D Stunna

• Pip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 10 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:33 AM

Hello! I'm new to the MW universe. A friend of mine at work has got me into MW recently. I started playing MWO back in late December and love it! I don't truly need a mechbay at the moment. I bought a spare mechbay with MC last night, now just gotta get enough c-bills to buy a new mech.

If there is someone else who doesn't have an extra mechbay, give it to them and help them out. :) But if you have a spare left over in the end I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks for being nice to newer players Dawg!!!

#36 XSurusX

• PipPip
  • The Patron
  • The Patron
  • 37 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:41 AM

I gotta say that the PGI customer support is really top notch. I submitted a ticket over their xmas break, and although it took them almost 2 weeks to get to it they went above and beyond in correcting my issue.

I am also a new player in need of mech bays! I was fortunate enough to get 2 from the stocking stuffer event, but now I only have those 2 free so I won't be able to attempt to master another mech until I get more.

Thanks for helping out the community like this!

#37 HelBound

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 07:43 AM

Good on you, Ive been around longer then 6m and dont need a bay.
I was out for a few months and upon returning was having issues with my client. I contacted support and also got Alexander G. My issue was brand specific and he sorted it out. If someone less experienced picked up my ticket I wouldn't have been able to get back online.

Quite pleased with MWO support as well.

#38 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:09 AM

View PostHelBound, on 22 January 2015 - 07:43 AM, said:

//I contacted support // got Alexander G..//

Same here (couple of times), dude actually gives a crap about outcomes.

#39 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:13 AM

View PostThat Dawg, on 22 January 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

Same here (couple of times), dude actually gives a crap about outcomes.

Whatever bad one can say about PGI, their support group has always been exemplary.

#40 EX S

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 107 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 12:31 PM

I started playing about 2 weeks ago or so, but man is this game really hard to get the hang of. Fortunately, I'm not the kind to give up so easily. I'm not necessarily new to Mechwarrior in general, but the last game I played was back in '04-ish so I might as well be new.

I'm saving up for a crab (the opportunity to become a giant enemy crab is simply too much to pass up.) after being somewhat disillusioned with the Kit Fox, but I realize staying at 4 mech bays will make getting elite efficiencies for other 'mechs very difficult or even impossible.

I kinda thought considering this game's steep learning curve (and the fact that I've been TK'd intentionally more than once.) that people would be pretty mean. It's good to see not everyone is that way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users