I Can Draw!

9 replies to this topic

#1 Burktross

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

Hi, all! Last night I was bored and decided to draw! I drew ol' Urbs in celebration of our lords arrival, and a summoner because... well... the Summoner looks cool
Posted Image

Posted Image
What do you all think? I know these aren't official or PGI art accurate, drew them without reference (I'm aware, the Thor's missile pod is scrunched-- I'm lazy). What drawing techniques do you suggest to better my work?

Thanks, all!

Updates

Here's a Banshee vs. a Locust. Looked at TRO this time.
Posted Image
Talk about a ***** to draw. I tried wireframing the banshee before drawing, so the torso took around 5 retries.
The leg on the left.... ech... couldn't figure out how to not make it look like a bunch of pipes.

Locust Sneaking up on a Cataphract

Posted Image
In my opinion, this is the best one I've done so far. Inspired by my escapades of coring Cataphracts in Terra Therma with my 3srm2, sL Locust. I decided I wanted to build my own style off of a the TRO, a bit. I like how I managed the beefier Locust, but for the Cataphract I feel as if I was subliminally inclined to copy Alex's art.

Edited by Burktross, 15 March 2015 - 08:53 AM.

#2 Mech42Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 917 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 03:57 PM

Hey buddy, they are looking awesome, especially the urbanmech, looks like it has a major attitude B)
But one thing I might suggest is that you draw up the geometric planes so everything is parallel to each other.
Kinda like this
Spoiler

#3 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:02 PM

Ah! I hadn't thought of that-- I'll try it out! Thanks!

#4 GrimReality

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 98 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 20 January 2015 - 04:24 PM

Using that in conjunction with perspective lines and vanishing points will help.
Posted Image

Edited by GrimReality, 20 January 2015 - 04:25 PM.

#5 Grimolfr

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 48 posts
  • LocationTerran Republic

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:32 AM

Nice drawings. They both seem to have a chunk of personality that I don't seem to see in a lot of drawings. The only thing I'd really like to point out is the legs look funky in both of them. I'm not sure what about them exactly is distracting me, but the distraction is there.

#6 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 21 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

I like them. :D Makes me want to draw them, myself. :)

My only gripe is the Summoner's specs. Pretty sure it uses an LRM-15, not a 20. CX

#7 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 01:36 PM

View PostWonderSparks, on 21 January 2015 - 11:05 AM, said:

I like them. :D Makes me want to draw them, myself. :)

My only gripe is the Summoner's specs. Pretty sure it uses an LRM-15, not a 20. CX

Meh, it was late. XD

View PostGrimolfr, on 21 January 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

Nice drawings. They both seem to have a chunk of personality that I don't seem to see in a lot of drawings. The only thing I'd really like to point out is the legs look funky in both of them. I'm not sure what about them exactly is distracting me, but the distraction is there.

I know what you mean... legs man... never able to do 'em well...

#8 Gamuray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 866 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:38 PM

@Grimolfr
The legs having a bit more detail than the main body and both drawings having one thrust forward is probably why they draw attention to themselves. They do seem a tad clunky, but such was the summoner's legs traditionally... not sure about the urbie on that regard.

@OP Pretty good! I'd post one of my drawings to show how linear perspective turns out.. but I don't like fooling around with posting to other sites and then linking it in... >_> Would be nice to just post it directly from my computer...

#9 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:14 PM

After a long while, updating OP with this image I finished a while ago, but never got around to uploading.
http://i.imgur.com/LFy7vnH.png

#10 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:51 AM

Updated OP with this.
http://i.imgur.com/0KPp7HP.png
Took aprox. 2 and a half hours to make.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users