Restrict Urbanmechs To Private Matches Only

72 replies to this topic

Poll: matchmaker restrictions for Urbanmechs (182 member(s) have cast votes)

restrict urbanmechs to privates matches only

1. yes (9 votes [4.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.95%

2. no (173 votes [95.05%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 95.05%

Vote

#61 SnowFox

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:13 AM

I usually toy with a stock mech before doing any massive upgrades to get a feel for how she wants to play

Sometimes though, this ends up being epically painful >.<

#62 DaynarFaol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 103 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

Which is a player choice.

Mind you "stock" can mean different things between IS and Clan what with Omni tech.

#63 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:12 AM

View PostDaynar, on 29 January 2015 - 07:53 AM, said:

Which is a player choice.

Mind you "stock" can mean different things between IS and Clan what with Omni tech.

Stock Stalker (Stocker) 5M is very effective.

It has a meh standard engine but stalkers are slow by default (XL is a no no)
it has good range (ER large laser, 2 LRM 10's), good close range weapons (4 Medium lasers, 2 SRM 6's), and also has a NARC which is more usefull then ya think on this thing! I used this thing and mastered it with better ease then when I have a upgraded misery or other mechs.

This mech kinda plays a Stock+ build of a stalker and performs at it's role quite effectively. My current build just swapped 1 narc for 1 srm 6 more for the quirks.

Also the stock victors may be a bit slow for what victors are good for and lots of room for improvement, I have acutally did a stupdi because I'm saving C-bills for a mech on sale and just used 2 of my non-built victors stock and did fine... the heat effeciency is good.

However yea besides the stalker 5M I think there is no mech out there that can compete well stock

Edit: also most clan mechs kinda suck stock for 1 of the following reasons...

1) mech was built with 2.0 heat eff heatsinks in mind, not the nerfed 1.4 we have. Making some mechs way hotter then they should (Mad dog prime = nearly impossible to use stock, direwolf prime = hard, summoner = this was meant to be a heat neutral mech in BT...)
2) little ammo... most clan mechs have trials and effeciency in mind, so ammo is not used often, and lrm mechs are used to weaken enemies at range before moving in, so LRM's on a mad dog is not the same like LRM's on a catapult. also the Summoners LBX is a common eg of poor ammo....

Edited by Nightshade24, 30 January 2015 - 06:15 AM.

#64 DarkExar

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • 77 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 January 2015 - 06:12 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 21 January 2015 - 10:39 AM, said:

Can we wait to see what quirks it gets and it's max engine size before it's declared DOA?

EDIT:
Reconsidering again i have to say "whatever" if one wants spend cash on this mech, go for it.
Maybe its even good urbie is for hard cash, the urbie-trolling will be kinda limited at least...

Edited by DarkExar, 31 January 2015 - 06:30 AM.

#65 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:25 AM

Well since the game effectively hasn't changed or added any real new objectives since just after the beta switch, I've begun creating my own personal challenges that often don't match the strategies of the randoms I drop with and fully intend on using my Urbanmech lost in the desert or jungle to further my enjoyment of the game.

#66 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:47 AM

View Postsycocys, on 05 March 2015 - 03:25 AM, said:

Well since the game effectively hasn't changed or added any real new objectives since just after the beta switch, I've begun creating my own personal challenges that often don't match the strategies of the randoms I drop with and fully intend on using my Urbanmech lost in the desert or jungle to further my enjoyment of the game.

well ... lets see you say you are knowingly doing some action in game which serves only your enjoyment and is in conflict with the teams goal. Isn't that the very essence of trolling?

#67 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

This Mech is not even out. You are posting a thread on something we have not even seen yet. Why not just scream NERF IT before it's even out. I'm sure someone will.

#68 MilesTeg1982

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 255 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

View PostKalimaster, on 05 March 2015 - 11:07 AM, said:

This Mech is not even out. You are posting a thread on something we have not even seen yet. Why not just scream NERF IT before it's even out. I'm sure someone will.

the sad thing is - the urban mech is so bad on paper that there are allready many people screaming "buff it" - as a result the max engine rating is still "tbd" - last thing I heared was that it might be somewhere between 180 and 220 (which is 3 times higher as it was) ...

well ... this discussion is pointless anyway ... lets just wait until it launches and then see how many people complain about urban-mech-trolls ...

#69 AkoolPopTart

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationApartment

Posted 06 April 2015 - 04:38 AM

Posted Image

#70 Firelizard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 06:50 AM

I voted 'no', because the OP is a smeg-head.

#71 Vegalas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 136 posts
  • LocationAt the screen. On my seat too.

Posted 06 April 2015 - 12:40 PM

Haha, nine versus167 votes is the current record. The community is being a bit ruthless again. :rolleyes:

#72 Fat Jack Murphy

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEuropa

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostMilesTeg1982, on 21 January 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Its pretty simple: Urbanmechs are useless compared to every(!) other mech, therefore people who use them will be liabilties to their team.

While I can understand that some people would want to play fun matches (private matches) - I don't see any reason to use an Urbanmech in a normal (pug) match or in CW.

imho, everyone who uses an Urbanmech in a standard (pug) match or in CW is just a troll who wants to ruin the match on purpose. Therefore I would like to have Urbanmechs restricted to private matches - so that people still can have their fun machtes without ruining matches for people who just want to play and give a crap about the Urbanmech.

same would be true to anyone playing a direwhale without perks or modified build. wanna continue ?

#73 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:06 PM

Locking up necro thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users