Sweet Deal Alert

1 reply to this topic

#1 cSand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

I dunno if anyone wants a decent video card for cheap, but if you don't mind mail in rebates I was looking for a video card for a client today and stumbled upon this:

http://www.ncix.com/...-90228-1356.htm

119 CAD seems a pretty good deal to me, even if you do have to wait for a MIR

Hopefully somebody finds it useful!

edit: and no I haven't ever, and don't, work for NCIX, lol

Edited by cSand, 23 January 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#2 Zordicron

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:04 PM

Thats not bad at all. People underestimate the ability of some of these "old" cards, but playing something like MWO, you dont need a 970 lol.

I bought (last year now, no actually maybe 15 months or so, but still) Asus GTX 650 TI Boost. They were at New Egg, with a rebate, for 97 dollars, and came with 25 dollars of in game money for Marvel Heroes online, the Neverwinter online game, and one other I forget now.

I bought 2, and put them in SLI because ****, it was less then 200 dollars, and came with like 150 dollars of in game monies! Also, the Asus version I snagged, well, the cooler on them is insane, and I OC'd these things(with Asus own software that came with them) to perform at over 1.5 times stock config, and they run cool as ice cream.

Really, they aren't completely future proof. BUT, who cares? Much like this 660 you linked to, if you are running anything older, you NEED to upgrade when you see something like this. I was running a EVGA Nvidea GTX 275 before the upgrade, and while I could force it(I mean force it) to run 35 FPS on MWO in max(and skyrim too) it could cook a steak on it and sucked enough electricity I actually noticed a drop in my bill(that noticable) going to TWO video cards in SLI vs the one.

If you are running an artifact of the 2007-2011 era, because "it still works" do yourself a favor. It might not net you massive FPS gains, but it will run better, be compatible with the current tech, and you will NOT regret it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users