#21 Finkledbody

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 53 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:00 AM

View PostIqfish, on 27 January 2015 - 08:24 AM, said:

I had the G35 and nothing but problems.

I purchased the Qpad QH90 and I am very, very pleased. I use this thing A LOT, the most possible and it's causing no sweaty ears or a headache. The sound is amazing. It's a closed design so it blocks out outter noises and none of your sound gets through.

Why are you preferring USB headsets? They always have an own soundchip which can cause a lot of annoying problems.

A chinch connected headset is the easiest and often best way to go. You don't waste your money on fancy stuff, only on the speakers and the microphone.
Every laptop I have ever seen has a microphone and headset connector, so youre good to go

Nothing but problems? What kind of problems were you experiencing?

To the OP
I got the G35 headset when it came out in 2010 and I am still using it to this day. In 2012 I did run into some driver issues that caused the sound to be subdued at max settings. However those problems were fixed a few months later with some updated drivers.

The thing I like most about the g35 is the surround sound. I have proven with some of my Counter-strike buddies that this headset is DEADLY spot on. It is utterly amazing how accurate it is at providing sounds in what seems like a true 7.1 surround environment. I am accused of hacking regularly in CS 1.6 as well as CS:GO.

The worst downside to the G35 is the lack of sound canceling for ambient noises in your house/room. If you're in the same room as your wife and she happens to be watching the lastest episode of Masterchef, You will be able to hear the tv over the headphones unless you turn them up a bit. If you're getting older like me, then this is not a pleasant way to hear the game that you are trying to enjoy.

I'd recommend looking else where if you're in the market for a new headset. Though the G35 is a great headset, it is starting to show its age. I know if I were to get a new one now, I'd go with something that is 7.1 surround with sound canceling technology...

Edited by Finkledbody, 29 January 2015 - 07:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users