13 replies to this topic

#1 Topshot Tiger

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:01 PM

I'v had my Loup de Aguirre for awhile now, and im looking for some alternate builds. Currently I Have:

Xl 225
4 srm 4's (5 tons ammo)
2 medium lasers
max jump jets
max armor

#2 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:53 PM

I love my Loup De Gurre... the problem I found when I started playing with it was that the 4 SRM4 build with ML was a great brawler pre-quirks however it suffered without support so was only viable in group queue with some close friends. In pub queue I started with a modified dervish build, LOUP DE GUERRE, I mostly leveled though as a 2x PPC and 2x SRM4 poptart variant. Used the jumpjets and PPC's to hurt at range and the SRM's in close range encounters or as additional alpha.

The quirks really make it scream as a brawler now, whilst it can, long range builds are possible and flexible in the solo queue.

#3 DoomEngine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts
  • Locationsomewhere on Old Kentucky

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:38 PM

View PostTopshotTiger, on 24 January 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

I'v had my Loup de Aguirre for awhile now, and im looking for some alternate builds. Currently I Have:

Xl 225
4 srm 4's (5 tons ammo)
2 medium lasers
max jump jets
max armor

there's your problem- the engine. Slap a XL300 in there and tell me you dont notice the difference...

#4 Topshot Tiger

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

I'v been trying a new build that i got 600 dmg with first game. More like a sniper build, but crazy fun.

XL 225
4 Lrm 5's (5 tons ammo)
2 LL
4 DHS
Max armor
Max jump jets

#5 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:59 AM

View PostTopshotTiger, on 24 January 2015 - 07:01 PM, said:

Xl 225
4 srm 4's (5 tons ammo)
2 medium lasers
max jump jets
max armor

This build has 6.5 tons free, right? That makes it a really bad build.

Why even use an XL225? The Loup De Guerre needs to be fast. This is the proper SRM bomber.

View PostTopshotTiger, on 25 January 2015 - 11:56 AM, said:

I'v been trying a new build that i got 600 dmg with first game. More like a sniper build, but crazy fun.

XL 225
4 Lrm 5's (5 tons ammo)
2 LL
4 DHS
Max armor
Max jump jets

And this build is impossible. It'd be way over the tonnage limit.

#6 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 26 January 2015 - 07:23 AM

View PostKevjack, on 26 January 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

Why even use an XL225? The Loup De Guerre needs to be fast. This is the proper SRM bomber.

4LRM 5's 51/5 tons of ammo
2 med Las.
325XL ..115kph
3 class 4 JJ's
Endo steel DHS

Consistently in the high 200 low 300 damage 5-7 asst. And I am not that good! 1st time out 325 dam. 7 assts 2 components 1 kill. i'm in love!! :D

#7 Topshot Tiger

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

View PostKevjack, on 26 January 2015 - 04:59 AM, said:

my bad this is the build i use:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...3061141d8f4810e

^with full armor.

#8 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:17 PM

This is my moneymaker LG
LOUP DE GUERRE

Replace the torso SRM4 with SRM6 for more punch, but install SRM6 cooldown and range module to sync with the quirked SRM4. Once the new quirk pass comes, the LG will get generic missile quirk so I don't need the SRM6 range module any more.

Hang back a little from the front and wait for the fighting to begin, then rush into the brawl and missile slap anyone not paying attention. Disappear when they start noticing you and come back from a different angle.
Due to lack of pinpoint, you probably wont get many kills but can easily rake up component destruction, most damage, protection, lance, flanking and brawling bonus.
Often walk off with 200+k cbills a match without PT.

#9 Topshot Tiger

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:39 AM

View Postxengk, on 15 February 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

This is my moneymaker LG
LOUP DE GUERRE

Replace the torso SRM4 with SRM6 for more punch, but install SRM6 cooldown and range module to sync with the quirked SRM4. Once the new quirk pass comes, the LG will get generic missile quirk so I don't need the SRM6 range module any more.

Hang back a little from the front and wait for the fighting to begin, then rush into the brawl and missile slap anyone not paying attention. Disappear when they start noticing you and come back from a different angle.
Due to lack of pinpoint, you probably wont get many kills but can easily rake up component destruction, most damage, protection, lance, flanking and brawling bonus.

I'm not doubting that this build is good damage wise, but I'm petrified of putting an xl on a brawler.

#10 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:56 AM

OP, you spelled Lope de Aguirre wrong. :D

#11 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 February 2015 - 07:59 AM

View PostTopshotTiger, on 16 February 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

I'm not doubting that this build is good damage wise, but I'm petrified of putting an xl on a brawler.

Don't be. The TBT needs the speed. One of it's best characteristics is it's handling. It really doesn't come to life unless you run at the least a 300 engine. I even run a 360xl in my 3C. I've surprised many a light Raven or Cicada ECM pilot by chasing them down.

It's a strike mech. Great at flanking and backstabbing heavy mechs when they're preoccupied with an assault. But it needs the speed to excel at that role.

Look at my signature, would I lie to you?

#12 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:40 AM

View Postxengk, on 15 February 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

This is my moneymaker LG
LOUP DE GUERRE

I'd rather be running way faster, than hitting slightly harder.

Hit and run build.

Edited by Kevjack, 17 February 2015 - 06:43 AM.

#13 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:35 AM

i just cant get the Loup to work.

Been running it as a mini-Griffin with 3 ASRM6-launchers and a MPL,left arm as a shield.Its really situational compared to Centurion.With a Cent you can pretty much charge the enemy,with Loup you are dead really fast if you do that,i guess i dont have the ambusher mindset for that.
Ill have to try the thing with STD250 tho,that might help surviving brawls better.

#14 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 20 September 2015 - 10:17 AM

How does this sound, Xl engine 280 run's along around 99.

Weapons : two srm6 with art - I know you can do two srm4s and two srm 2s but with two srm6s its the same damage, Yes there is a longer CD but I find with all trebs suffer from that huge center so it needs to be protected as long as you can using your arms. Striking with your srm 6s hits hard then return using your arms for protection until your next round.

( the biggest thing a treb has in a close fights is how skinny it is while on its side your chest does not stick out like other mechs such as the wolverine or griffin for example meaning your arms protect you very well. )

If you were to use srm4/srm2 your exposing yourself more and I find in matches when people see a treb they think to themselfs easy target easy kill so you will be focused - meaning unless your planning on staying out of the fighting as long as you can until the end your not going to last long in a game.

1 LRM 15 art : I tired out two lrm5s to allow for a faster engine but just felt they lacked punch but up to you. Anyway you can see where this to going you can now support your team long and short range's using the LRM also keeps you out of battle until the end because lets to honest the treb is to much of an easy target. And towards the end of a battle when the enemy's armor is all torn apart them srm6s should have an easy enough time finishing the job and keep them lights to at least think twice before engaging you.

Two med lasers. noting really to say here etc pinpoint damage to focus on a area.

Active probe : you know yourself

1 jumpjet : I find one is really only needed for them quick turns.

And finally yes you could do the same thing with the 7m ( the only treb I dont own ) But the 7m can't turn its torso as much as the HERO But I do wonder about the missile quirk the 7m has 30% I think it was anyway.

What do you guys think?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users