29 replies to this topic

#21 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:31 PM

Mechwarrior 2 and MW2: Mercs.

Never played MW3 because because two of my friends had extremely badly experences with glitches with their copies.

MW4 Mercs MekTek gets prop because A.) it was free and B.) Free online mech combat is always good.

#22 Benaresh

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationRüdesheim am Rhein, Hessia, Germany

Posted 29 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 28 June 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Mechwarrior 2 and MW2: Mercs.

Never played MW3 because because two of my friends had extremely badly experences with glitches with their copies.

MW4 Mercs MekTek gets prop because A.) it was free and B.) Free online mech combat is always good.

About the MTX Version of MW4 i want it but Mektek is buggin me with the download of MTX it is stubbornly refunsing to download it -.-
any Ideas?

Edit: found an alternative downloader here

Edited by Benaresh, 29 June 2012 - 04:53 AM.

#23 Da Ugh 1701

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 104 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota, USA

Posted 29 June 2012 - 05:00 AM

this is a tough call......I liked both MW3 & MW4, really liked MW4 Mercanaries though. I switch between joystick & keyboard/mouse, depending on if I can find my Sidewinder ..... it's around here somewhere.....

#24 Colonel Fubar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 650 posts
  • LocationPlanet Agoge in the Mitera System

Posted 25 January 2015 - 10:23 PM

MW3 and I use a Micro pro stick with it on drops.

#25 Pahrias

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

i would have to say MW2:mercs, just because of the sheer quantity of missions and mechs, and the ability to choose your own path rather than be lead by the nose thru linear missions. to me the perfect MW game would be a remake of that game, with modern graphics, and even more missions/contracts. with a co-op mode.
I liked the feeling of running my own merc unit. something that the later MW games didnt really capture again, for me at least, until MW4: mercs, but that was much shorter, and was missing a lot of mechs. and it didnt have the random repeatable contracts, that i liked.
oh and KB and mouse. ive tried using the xbox wired controller for MWO but it doesnt work properly... tho in MW4 i used it fine, it was just a shame the right analog stick didnt work

Edited by Pahrias, 25 January 2015 - 11:47 PM.

#26 Sylonce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 300 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries come up on top, though 31st Century and Ghost Bear Legacy would come close.

Yeah, the thing with mercs is lots of 'mechs, missions, random mission generator, and freaking awesome multiplayer. On top of that, some of the Campaign missions came from canon, so in a way, you feel involved. The little pre-mission pilot diaries are also fun to read.

#27 MechWarrior6478661

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:07 PM

Without a doubt Mech Warrior 3.

#28 Vanguard319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 January 2015 - 04:49 PM

Mech Warrior 3: It was the first Mechwarrior game I played, you could play it with a joystick, (can't do so in mw:o) and it remains the only game in the franchise in which you can DESTROY EVERYTHING!!!! including the freakin terrain. (only the Mechassault games came close to that level of destruction.) Seriously, imagine if you could drop a bridge, either natural or man-made on your opponent, or pull a Kai Allard-Liao and bury the enemy team in a landslide. (either epically awsome, or a total **** move depending on what side of the landslide you're on.) Enemy hiding in a parking garage? No problem, just fire on the garage, forcing him to move or risk having it brought down on him. Still the definitive Mechwarrior game IMO.

#29 Kenyon Burguess

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:03 PM

tabletop, then comes the very first MechWarrior

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users