84 replies to this topic

#21 EXO-Scorpion

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

View PostProcles, on 26 January 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

I purchased a clan mech less than 24hours ago. Any chance I could still benefit from this? Even a refund of the difference in MC would be very much appreciated.

Yea I bought 2 Timberwolves for over the last 24 hour period. Sent them an email to see if I could get some Refunded!

#22 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:25 PM

View PostGremlinn, on 26 January 2015 - 05:12 PM, said:

Your banner at the bottom says lonewolf...cool banner, but aren't you a ghost bear?

Part of a small unit of lone wolves. Usually fly the lone wolf banner. But my unit leader picks ghost bear on occasion.

#23 A sebaceous cyst

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 08:34 PM

Nice, we get a sale on clan wave 1 that includes c-bills, thank you PGI (I'm curious though why the clan mechs are only 25% off but the IS, the less expensive mechs have all been 35% off, not complaining very happy to have a sale of any kind, but still wondering why the difference)! BUT...what happened to the Steiner sale?

#24 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

View PostA sebaceous cyst, on 26 January 2015 - 08:34 PM, said:

Nice, we get a sale on clan wave 1 that includes c-bills, thank you PGI (I'm curious though why the clan mechs are only 25% off but the IS, the less expensive mechs have all been 35% off, not complaining very happy to have a sale of any kind, but still wondering why the difference)! BUT...what happened to the Steiner sale?

Because IS mechs often still need upgrades so there's an extra cost? Because this is the first time the clan mechs have been on sale (other than the Stormcrow)?

I'd assume Steiner sale is happening this weekend.

#25 A sebaceous cyst

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:17 PM

View PostBront, on 26 January 2015 - 09:13 PM, said:

Because IS mechs often still need upgrades so there's an extra cost? Because this is the first time the clan mechs have been on sale (other than the Stormcrow)?

I'd assume Steiner sale is happening this weekend.

So what you're saying is that IS mechs should be discounted more because they cost less? When we had that event that gave us a discount on the Storm Crow both the IS and Clan mechs had the same discount (45%)...all I was curious about was why this time PGI made the discounts for Clan and IS different. I'm not complaining, I'm very grateful for the sale, but I would like to know from PGI why there is a difference.
Bront I hope you are right about the Steiner sale, looking forward to it!

#26 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:26 PM

Got the unholy trinity already so I am far less excited about this sale. I miiiiiiight start on the Warhawk to take advantage of the C-Bill sale, or wait for the KC to go on C-Bill sale.

Edited by El Bandito, 26 January 2015 - 10:27 PM.

#27 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:33 PM

Ugh, I am hugely conflicted now. I really want to finally try the Dires, but will only have enough c-bills to by maybe one or two, and only if I skip buying the JM6-DD, 3rd Victor, CDA-3C that I want. Plus, to get a second I will have to grind another 13 million.

And that is only if I decide to skip on Timbys totally!

Woe, is me!

Edited by Greenjulius, 26 January 2015 - 10:34 PM.

#28 Coase

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:35 PM

View PostProcles, on 26 January 2015 - 06:32 PM, said:

I purchased a clan mech less than 24hours ago. Any chance I could still benefit from this? Even a refund of the difference in MC would be very much appreciated.

I did the same, blew my entire stash from starting out to get a Stormcrow kitted out, knocked myself down to less than 500K, and now it's like 3 million off. >.<

Edited by Coase, 26 January 2015 - 10:35 PM.

#29 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:36 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 26 January 2015 - 10:26 PM, said:

Got the unholy trinity already so I am far less excited about this sale. I miiiiiiight start on the Warhawk to take advantage of the C-Bill sale, or wait for the KC to go on C-Bill sale.

Wuuuuuuuuubhaaaaaaaaaaawk

#30 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:46 PM

View PostFupDup, on 26 January 2015 - 10:36 PM, said:

Wuuuuuuuuubhaaaaaaaaaaawk

It is just that I already have a Wubwhale with 6 CLPLs set to 2x2x2 chain fire macro.

DWF-PRIME Wubwhale II

I might get the Hawk for the Lurm factor.

Edited by El Bandito, 26 January 2015 - 10:52 PM.

#31 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 26 January 2015 - 10:57 PM

Even if I only play my money making HBR-Prime(I) with LRM15/TAG/SPL, I will have to make around 200k a match to get a dire within 70 games. Ahhhhhh!

Edit: Well, 2nd game, late night netted me 634k c-bills. Best I've ever gotten. The mech gods might be looking out for me.

Edited by Greenjulius, 26 January 2015 - 11:13 PM.

#32 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:20 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 26 January 2015 - 04:25 PM, said:

Cockpit Items

Hanging Medallion Clan Wolf
500 - 50% = 250 MC
Hanging Medallion Clan Smoke Jaguar
500 - 50% = 250 MC
Hanging Medallion Clan Jade Falcon
500 - 50% = 250 MC
Hanging Medallion Clan Ghost Bear
500 - 50% = 250 MC

Does anyone know where these are? I assume they mean the medallions like the ones that came with Wave 1 since the stained glass medallions are listed separately, but I don't even see these in the cockpit items area after mounting the one I own and trying to buy another. I've long wanted more of the Wolf medallion and I'm not a huge fan of the stained glass one (at least not compared to the basic one) and would love to spend some more MCs during this sale than just Warhorns.

#33 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:39 AM

Wanted to buy some patterns but then i realized that they can not be applied on the (i) variants.

#34 Astrifer

• Pip
  • Caladbolg
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:41 AM

View PostRisko Vinsheen, on 27 January 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

Does anyone know where these are? I assume they mean the medallions like the ones that came with Wave 1 since the stained glass medallions are listed separately, but I don't even see these in the cockpit items area after mounting the one I own and trying to buy another. I've long wanted more of the Wolf medallion and I'm not a huge fan of the stained glass one (at least not compared to the basic one) and would love to spend some more MCs during this sale than just Warhorns.

Same here, I have not been able to buy the medallion ones since they were released. I've only been able to buy the stained glass ones, which I'm not as fond of.

PLEASE HELP?!!! :)

View PostNavid A1, on 27 January 2015 - 12:39 AM, said:

Wanted to buy some patterns but then i realized that they can not be applied on the (i) variants.

Would like to be able to apply patterns to prime i variants please.

#35 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:02 AM

View PostGremlinn, on 26 January 2015 - 05:11 PM, said:

Is it just me or did Steiners get the shaft? I don't remember there being a sale for them? Maybe it was another faction, but I thought for sure it was the Steiners. Maybe next week. :-(

What are you talking about? They were on sale for the last few weeks. you just had to look for the category "Assault" :ph34r:

#36 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:31 AM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 27 January 2015 - 02:02 AM, said:

What are you talking about? They were on sale for the last few weeks. you just had to look for the category "Assault" :ph34r:

An actual Steiner faction sale hasn't started yet. It's likely to start Saturday/Sunday, or possibly even Wednesday when the Kurita sale ends.

#37 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:29 AM

um... Timberwolf or 2 Adders?
(If I do adders I am much closer to mastery and 3rd one isn't that far away. while timberwolf... would take the better part of my month.)

I do not really think the whole laser vomit thing is even a good build and I will most likely mech a mech resembling the traditional prime variant and then some other things I think will be right in a lore/ logical standpoint when taking the 'flavour of the month' out of the picture... Been thinking of having a LBX 20, ER PPC, and few SRM 6's on the C...
Not sure what to do with the S... maybe a 4 SSRM 6 boat due to the lights in CW....

#38 o0cipher0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 353 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:31 AM

Aw snap, i've already mastered all the clan mech i needed :(.

Well, a good one anyway, newcomers and those who haven't bought clan mech yet will really benefit from this!

#39 Budor

• 2,565 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:43 AM

View PostRisko Vinsheen, on 27 January 2015 - 12:20 AM, said:

Same here. Those Items have never been purchasable for me, only ones available in the store are the stained hanging items.

Please fix.

#40 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 27 January 2015 - 04:07 AM

View PostGreenjulius, on 26 January 2015 - 10:33 PM, said:

Ugh, I am hugely conflicted now. I really want to finally try the Dires, but will only have enough c-bills to by maybe one or two, and only if I skip buying the JM6-DD, 3rd Victor, CDA-3C that I want. Plus, to get a second I will have to grind another 13 million.

And that is only if I decide to skip on Timbys totally!

Woe, is me!

don't skip timbies, get the timbeis, they are eezmode mechs, and so you make money in a very efficient way, and so the entire goal of your mech selection will be reached faster.

also, think logically, if you can not afford them within the sale, better grab the sales ones, that are most expensive, becaue the absolutemoney amount you save is the highest. ES for your jeager,VCT,CDA is a fixed amount not for sale, so nothing to save. timbes and direwolfes are with discount. and come with all the upgrades in their price, and so the upgrades are kinda also for discount.

don't miss that chance now.

Edited by Lily from animove, 27 January 2015 - 04:12 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users