51 replies to this topic

#21 Mordale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:11 AM

The word,..."GAME" comes to mind,...Try and think about it.

PL is a MERC UNIT,...not a House Unit,....We go where the C-bills and Fun are!

#22 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:14 AM

It seems a davion loyalist merc unit pretending to serve house marik is the cause of the problem, no other marik unit including us actual mercs are attacking our allies borders, As a merc actually serving the interests of house marik I apologise for this breach of our alliance.
You want action mordale try fighting davions and stieners not house mariks allies.

Edited by Mark Brandhauber, 27 January 2015 - 10:18 AM.

#23 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:19 AM

I wouldn´t cite the merc part too insistently, Mordale. Mercs do what they are paid for. They are paid to do what their employer wants. It is like this in reality and most games I know.

Here PGI decided Mercs get paid whatever they do. I woulnd´t count on it staying that way.

---------

But hey, what can you expect from people who wait to announce who they are until they see if they win or stay suspiciously silent when they loose embarassingly? And do this consistently for months.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 27 January 2015 - 10:20 AM.

#24 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

View PostMordale, on 27 January 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

It's all good. We know Mercs are gonna Merc and all that but...

View PostMordale, on 23 January 2015 - 08:10 PM, said:

Praetorian Legion have signed on to House Marik!
Where do you need us?

...no need to make posts trying to sound like you want to be helpful or cooperative if you are not planning on being either. :D

#25 Mordale

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

Not our fault you have nothing for us to do!
:D
We did attack Davion,...got Bored,....Attack Clans,..got BORED,...we wanted a good fight,...had something to try out.

See,..Clans are not that good,...
Posted Image

Edited by Mordale, 27 January 2015 - 11:12 AM.

#26 Joe Decker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTeutoburger Forest, Lower Saxony

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:32 AM

It's pretty simple, you play for a Faction, you respect the Alliances the Faction got. And if that means to Turret Drop sometimes because no Enemy Players show up, then it is as it is. Other Units have to live with it too.

I agree it would be Fun to have Pirates as organized Units. Maybe you would feel better among them ;)

Yet if it was only one Drop vs Liao - lets forget about it. They won that Match anyway.

Good Match vs Clan Wolf btw.

Edited by Joe Decker, 27 January 2015 - 11:35 AM.

#27 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

View PostMordale, on 27 January 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

That's odd. ACES said the same thing about them joining CGB and yet Liao is where the C-bills are.

#28 Piddles

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:09 AM

I always find this topic so amusing, and the people complaining so ignorant of the variety of employers that may be out there.

What in the world makes you think that every individual with money within your house would have the same goals and desires as you? Mercs are hired by individuals and organizations other than Houses more often than not. So, if a member associated with House Marik contacts us and requests our services we then agree or disagree to fulfill the stated objectives of our employer, it's not our job to make sure it's in line with your objectives and desires...

Once player made contracts are available you will only see more and more of that playing out.

#29 Piddles

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:32 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 27 January 2015 - 12:58 PM, said:

That's odd. ACES said the same thing about them joining CGB and yet Liao is where the C-bills are.

He said c-bills AND fun. Too many units are Liao right now, not enough fun to spread around.

#30 Mordale

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 07:35 PM

To ThomasMarik,....I don't care what ACES does,....We are PL.

#31 Yuba Frank

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:04 PM

View PostStingr4y, on 27 January 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

BUT......there are great mercs here within Marik I KNOW are great to have, because they listen, give feedback, help with tactical decisions, and in general, attack who the faction really needs to attack.

Hi! By the way, I think we added more planets to Marik tonight. Now where's our space bacon? ;) I saw a huge plate of space bacon heading over to Kurita. Was that our payment? :lol:

#32 Roadbeer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationWazan, Zion Cluster

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:11 PM

Special dispatch to BWC

Posted Image

Compliments of the Redmoon Angels. :D

#33 Piddles

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:37 AM

View PostStingr4y, on 27 January 2015 - 07:41 AM, said:

BUT......there are great mercs here within Marik I KNOW are great to have, because they listen, give feedback, help with tactical decisions, and in general, attack who the faction really needs to attack.

Where is this happening? We spent the first couple days of our contract trying to find out what was going on, who should we talk to, etc... posted in the mercs for Marik thread (or whatever it's called). We were met only with silence, so we went and farmed clans until we got bored of it and then tested some tactics against SoR. Doing your own thing sucks, playing together as part of a team is great. Hopefully whatever Marik leadership there is (still haven't heard anything from/about them - even through all this) will be able to coordinate things better in the future.

Edited by Piddles, 30 January 2015 - 05:37 AM.

#34 Karl Marlow

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:49 AM

View PostPiddles, on 30 January 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

Where is this happening? We spent the first couple days of our contract trying to find out what was going on, who should we talk to, etc... posted in the mercs for Marik thread (or whatever it's called). We were met only with silence, so we went and farmed clans until we got bored of it and then tested some tactics against SoR.

So you ignore what was happening on the map. There are multiple fronts you can fight on and you chose the front no one is at and where it has been made clear on the forums we are not fighting each other in multiple threads. Then you claim you don't know how to contact us while pointing out the Mercs for Marik thread where it is mentioned several times how to get a hold of the leadership. I know the thread is a whole 2 pages long but I pulled a couple quotes for you to avoid any undue strain on your part.

View PostScav3ng3r, on 13 December 2014 - 06:08 AM, said:

All merc units working with Marik should check out http://HouseMarik.net and check in the TeamSpeak server linked to the site.

View PostButane9000, on 13 December 2014 - 06:10 AM, said:

Here's a hub for Marik Units - http://housemarik.enjin.com/

Not all Marik units use this hub though.

#35 Mangonel TwoSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 238 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:49 AM

Ah. Thanks for the bacon Roadbeer. Our supplies were dwindling. There was talk from Yuba of, god forbid, rationing.

#36 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:53 AM

View PostRoknari, on 30 January 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

Ah. Thanks for the bacon Roadbeer. Our supplies were dwindling. There was talk from Yuba of, god forbid, rationing.

Good grief, we didn't know you were that low on your stores! The Black Widow Company will dispatch a special shipment from our private stores to the Black Widow Company. We can't have our BWC cousins running out of space bacon!

#37 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:54 AM

View PostPiddles, on 30 January 2015 - 05:37 AM, said:

Where is this happening? We spent the first couple days of our contract trying to find out what was going on, who should we talk to, etc... posted in the mercs for Marik thread (or whatever it's called). We were met only with silence, so we went and farmed clans until we got bored of it and then tested some tactics against SoR. Doing your own thing sucks, playing together as part of a team is great. Hopefully whatever Marik leadership there is (still haven't heard anything from/about them - even through all this) will be able to coordinate things better in the future.

Message sent with more info. Check with your local HPG facility, and a coded transcript is waiting. Along with a coupon code for your shipment of our Spiced Space Bacon.

#38 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechbay tinkering with my Mechs...

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:08 AM

Last time I checked it was agreements between player units that were in place. If there was a cease-fire between an entire faction and another PGI would not make those planets eligible for attack. Sorry to burst bubbles here but the player units do not govern their factions... as much as they would like to think they do. Additionally, as I have said to others privately, when "you" pay every cent of what I have paid into this game to me then "you" can dictate to me what I will do with my hard earned money. Until then "you" spend "yours" how "you" like and I will do the same. Plus we are in Beta for crying out loud... why not just rip it up and see what this CW can do? It's all going to be reset anyways :) This is a game of big stompy robot fighting... just have fun with it! Just my two cents...

#39 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:43 AM

View PostJuvat, on 30 January 2015 - 07:08 AM, said:

Last time I checked it was agreements between player units that were in place. If there was a cease-fire between an entire faction and another PGI would not make those planets eligible for attack. Sorry to burst bubbles here but the player units do not govern their factions... as much as they would like to think they do. Additionally, as I have said to others privately, when "you" pay every cent of what I have paid into this game to me then "you" can dictate to me what I will do with my hard earned money. Until then "you" spend "yours" how "you" like and I will do the same. Plus we are in Beta for crying out loud... why not just rip it up and see what this CW can do? It's all going to be reset anyways :) This is a game of big stompy robot fighting... just have fun with it! Just my two cents...

You are 100% correct on this. There are no stipulations in place for what Factions should do, or what mercs should so. This is beta, nothing counts for right now.......other than gaining c-bills for completed contracts. Planets will reset, people will cry a bit, but everybody should get over it. Mercs don't have a vested interest in which faction is winning......really.....they shouldn't.

They SHOULD be interested in 4 things:
- Which faction is currently paying more (nobody can control that)
- Which faction currently has the most action (we all control that)
- Showing everybody how successful you are as a company (makes you a reliable unit to be desired)
- ...........reputation.................(this is NOT built into the game......yikes......how do we control this?)

I guarantee you that when the flood gates are open after beta, the people that are still playing now, will probably still be playing when full release comes. The database for the game can be reset.....yes....it is all digital. But memories of our fellow brethren cannot be reset.

No person or persons should be in charge of their faction. I am from a large community that represents the House Marik faction, but we all know this community isn't THE House Marik. A large majority of the people I have encountered also have some fun with a little RP in this Community Warfare. Ask our fellow faction players (Davions, Steiners, Kurita and Liao.), they all like the banter and somewhat diplomatic backstabbing and bonds. It is all part of ANY community game.

We are here to have fun in a game that several of us dumped a LOT of money and time into. This is Beta, have fun with it. Also have fun with the community you are involved in.

#40 Piddles

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:39 AM

View PostStingr4y, on 30 January 2015 - 06:54 AM, said:

Message sent with more info. Check with your local HPG facility, and a coded transcript is waiting. Along with a coupon code for your shipment of our Spiced Space Bacon.

Thanks Stingr4y, good information. I'll reply soon.

View PostThomasMarik, on 30 January 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

So you ignore what was happening on the map. There are multiple fronts you can fight on and you chose the front no one is at and where it has been made clear on the forums we are not fighting each other in multiple threads. Then you claim you don't know how to contact us while pointing out the Mercs for Marik thread where it is mentioned several times how to get a hold of the leadership. I know the thread is a whole 2 pages long but I pulled a couple quotes for you to avoid any undue strain on your part.

Little less helpful and more antagonistic than Stingr4y's response, but thank you. It helps to see why people wouldn't want to contact you personally.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users