Where's My Marauder, Warhammer, Archer, Longbow, Stinger, Wasp, Phoenix Hawk, Valkyrie, Rifleman, Crusader, Scorpion, And/or Goliath?

54 replies to this topic

#21 Atlasian

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 28 January 2015 - 01:38 AM

View PostMarineTech, on 27 January 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

Bandai and a company called Wave have released models of the Rifleman (Defender), Archer (Spartan), Longbow (Phalanx), Warhammer (Tomahawk), Stinger, & Wasp (Veritech) mechs under their original Macross names. With a little kit bashing, you can pull off a Phoenix Hawk too. The Wave kits are much more detailed and articulated than the Bandai kits.

I got the Warhammer/Tomahawk here.

http://mwomercs.com/...er-or-tomahawk/

#22 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:34 AM

View PostSpiralFace, on 27 January 2015 - 09:34 PM, said:

Actually, it is your info that is not entirely accurate.

If you want to learn more, I highly recommend this read, which follows the bread trail the best that I've seen:

Kind of a derail, but I can live with that. Either way, we won't be getting the aforementioned mechs in the game because HG is litigation-happy and would sue. The end result is the same regardless of where the mechs came from.

#23 Tim East

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 12:48 PM

Hahaha, oh man, this reminded me that I have a Wasp that I painted as a teenager sitting in my box of old figurines. Good times. Oh look, I answered the thread title, at least with regard to myself.

At least this thread got me to research Harmony Gold a little bit. Those guys strike me as a touch unethical at best.

Edited by Tim East, 28 January 2015 - 12:48 PM.

#24 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

for what its worth ill post my type up of the unseen deal here its a little more focused on the idea of what would need to change for the unseen to be used here and has some small info not in you post dawn im posting form the 1st page i lack the time to read all this now

View Postkosmos1214, on 28 January 2015 - 04:02 PM, said:

ah kk

well on the unseen we have in mwo shadow hawk griffen locust ect they dident come from macross they all come from dougram the fang of the sun witch was never used in robotech so cyatalist games was able to make a new contract with the owners of that series now the art from robotech/ macross is another story because of several things
1 the contract hg had with one of the company's that produced macross even though this contract has been stuck down in Japanese courts
2 the fact the the unseen art fasa used they licensed from a company that had no leaguel right to that art and by the time fasa found out the company had closed down and fasa never was able to prove they made that contract under false pretenses as fasa believed they had gotten use of that art all leagel and proper
3 macross it self has a long tangled leaguel history in japan and in other countrys
4 hg has trade marked the name macross in every western country they could get to accept there copy right clam and the only country's so far as i know that throw it out where japan china korea and a few other asian country in an attempt to bolster there leagel position
5 this one is more some thing that tends to be forgotten witch is that beating or buying hg would only be the 1st step you would then need to go to the leaguel owners of macross and make a new contract with them

now that the bad news is out of the way there i one piece of good news
witch is that hg did lose one case involving macross in the us there was one macross ova that made it state side called
macross plus it was sold on vhs and dvd in the early 2000s when hg found out they tryed to make a big mean face that they had all leaguel clam to macross in the us and that the only reason that it got released state side was that some one was asleep at the wheel so the company that had released macross plus took hg to court there name is manga entertainment if you dont know pretty much every anime you have ever seen has been licensed through manga entertainment and manga entertainment was able to prove that hg had no clam to the macross plus ova

#25 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 01 February 2015 - 04:31 AM

Can someone tell me how the Longbow is unseen?

It was in MW4: Mercs... thought it was Reseen.

(Ah... imagine the crying if this thing is in game, 4 x LRM 20's to 6 x LRM 20/15's~)

#26 RolfS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:50 AM

It is dubious if Harmony Gold has owned the rights to the unseen mechs or macross see http://kotaku.com/59...nearly-15-years
The company Tatsunoko Productions which Harmony Gold supposedly bought the license from doesn't actually own the license to some of the stuff.
This looks a lot like USA court system in action to protect the wrong people.
If your not from the USA you know the USA is considered by some organization to be top most dangerous country to trade with :wacko: . I wonder what the original Japanese companies are thinking about this?

#27 Alaric Hasek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

Well, the Hellbringer looks a LOT like a Warhammer and the King Crab looks amazingly like a Marauder. So, there you go.

#28 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

No idea, but given that HG apparently hasn't released anything for a while under their license, they're basically patent trolls. The law totally should have been on their side in the whole FASA dispute, but by now? They're not doing anything but sitting on the IP and suing the crap out of anyone who looks sideways at Robotech mechs.

#29 EpicWarrior202

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for posting this, I had no idea

#30 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

View PostRolfS, on 02 February 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

It is dubious if Harmony Gold has owned the rights to the unseen mechs or macross see http://kotaku.com/59...nearly-15-years
The company Tatsunoko Productions which Harmony Gold supposedly bought the license from doesn't actually own the license to some of the stuff.
If your not from the USA you know the USA is considered by some organization to be top most dangerous country to trade with :wacko: . I wonder what the original Japanese companies are thinking about this?

Part of the problem is FASA signed an agreement about it that few people outside of HG and the old FASA know the details of, but is binding enough to cause issues regardless.

#31 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 03:52 PM

And the rest of the problem is that HG is big enough to sue and no company that's been handling the MW/BT property and cares enough has been big enough to pay to withstand the lawsuit, regardless of win or loss.

#32 IraqiWalker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't some of the phoenix mechs we have not derivative from macross itself, but from other works? Which is why we have the Locust, Shadowhawk, Thunderbolt, and Battlemaster?

I know a lot of people always cite these mechs while saying : but we got some of them in the game already, why can't we get the rest then?

#33 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

View PostRolfS, on 02 February 2015 - 11:50 AM, said:

The main problem isn't that HG is right or wrong. The main problem is that they have the money to threaten a lawsuit, and even if the opposing company can have a guaranteed win, it still costs tons, and tons of money in legal fees, which most companies that go against HG can't afford to do.

HG can simply threaten to sue, and even if they are in the wrong, the opposing company just can't spend the money to prove it. (I agree that if Microsoft got involved, HG would fold, but MS is not wading into that swamp any time soon)

#34 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 03 February 2015 - 04:08 PM, said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't some of the phoenix mechs we have not derivative from macross itself, but from other works? Which is why we have the Locust, Shadowhawk, Thunderbolt, and Battlemaster?

I know a lot of people always cite these mechs while saying : but we got some of them in the game already, why can't we get the rest then?

You are correct. With the exception of the Locust (from Crusher Joe) all the Phoenix Package 'mechs we have are from Fang of the Sun: Dougram, as are the Scorpion and Goliath (which we won't see because quads are not something PGI is in a position to work into the game right now).

No info yet on whether or not we'll see the Victor Musical Industries designs in MWO (aside from the IIC designs based on Macross robots, which are clearly a no-go)- specifically, the Locust, Jenner, and Griffin IIC, as well as the Nexus, Raijin, Grand Crusader, Howler/Baboon, Incubus/Vixen, Horned Owl/Peregrine, Conjurer/Hellhound, Vapor Eagle/Goshawk, Glass Spider/Galahad, Black Python/Viper, and Bane/Kraken.

It is to be hoped that we will just because there's a lot of support for the Bane, and personally, I'm very fond of the visual design and loadout on the Grand Crusader, Horned Owl, and Black Python.

Edited by Quickdraw Crobat, 03 February 2015 - 08:54 PM.

#35 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:14 AM

View PostQuickdraw Crobat, on 03 February 2015 - 08:48 PM, said:

You are correct. With the exception of the Locust (from Crusher Joe) all the Phoenix Package 'mechs we have are from Fang of the Sun: Dougram, as are the Scorpion and Goliath (which we won't see because quads are not something PGI is in a position to work into the game right now).

No info yet on whether or not we'll see the Victor Musical Industries designs in MWO (aside from the IIC designs based on Macross robots, which are clearly a no-go)- specifically, the Locust, Jenner, and Griffin IIC, as well as the Nexus, Raijin, Grand Crusader, Howler/Baboon, Incubus/Vixen, Horned Owl/Peregrine, Conjurer/Hellhound, Vapor Eagle/Goshawk, Glass Spider/Galahad, Black Python/Viper, and Bane/Kraken.

It is to be hoped that we will just because there's a lot of support for the Bane, and personally, I'm very fond of the visual design and loadout on the Grand Crusader, Horned Owl, and Black Python.

Bane... I can taste it.

12 machine guns (basicly 10 damage per second with unlimited ammo so to say and no heat) and 2 Gauss rifles on a 100 ton mech going 70+ kph with a clan XL 350+

Or just take the stock. 10 UAC 2 + 4 MG.
8 LRM 15's + SRM 4
4 UAC 10's + 4 mg's
2 UAC 20's and stuff.

this thingy is begging for IS tears to flow on why clan players of MW: O think battlemechs > omnimechs in this game.

#36 Zimobog2

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:54 PM

View PostBUDFORCE, on 27 January 2015 - 11:21 AM, said:

Where's my Rifleman?
Ah just pretend your Jagermech is a rifleman and you're all good!

#37 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:58 PM

View PostZimobog2, on 14 February 2015 - 07:54 PM, said:

Ah just pretend your Jagermech is a rifleman and you're all good!

Firebrand even has access to the same loadout

#38 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 17 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

View PostMarineTech, on 27 January 2015 - 01:44 PM, said:

Yes, they were.

I had the Griffin.

Bandai and a company called Wave have released models of the Rifleman (Defender), Archer (Spartan), Longbow (Phalanx), Warhammer (Tomahawk), Stinger, & Wasp (Veritech) mechs under their original Macross names. With a little kit bashing, you can pull off a Phoenix Hawk too. The Wave kits are much more detailed and articulated than the Bandai kits.

Good Smile/Max Factory have released the Shadowhawk (Dougram) & Griffin (Roundfacer) kits and the Wolverine (Blockhead) is going to be available in the next week or so. I'm holding out hope they'll be coming out with the Thunderbolt (Ironfoot) as well.

You can pick them up on Amazon. I bought them all.

I've got the Bandai Rifleman almost complete. Just needs decals. I'm going to be starting the Griffin next.

I had the Griffin, the Thunderbolt (and an attack helicopter, I think the set was called "Strikeforce") and the set with a mech which was never used in Battletech, a motorcycle with sidecar and a mech-carrier helicopter (all in a smaller scale than the other model kits). They were awesome.

As for the Bandai and Wave model kits available nowadays, they are fantastic. I recently got the 1:72 scale Tomahawk Destroid (Warhammer) Wave kit and the 1:72 scale VF-1S Valkyrie (Phoenix Hawk/Wasp/Stinger LAMs) Bandai kit myself, and they've rekindled my love for building plastic models. Once I have them assembled they shall, of course, be painted in Battletech colors rather than Robotech colors. I'm thinking the Warhammer _must_ be painted up as Natasha Kerensky's infamous machine from her time leading the Black Widow Company. Not sure what paintscheme to pick for the other mech though. Any suggestions for famous/infamous Phoenix Hawk, Wasp or Stinger pilots?

#39 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 February 2015 - 05:13 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 01 February 2015 - 04:31 AM, said:

Can someone tell me how the Longbow is unseen?

It was in MW4: Mercs... thought it was Reseen.

(Ah... imagine the crying if this thing is in game, 4 x LRM 20's to 6 x LRM 20/15's~)

Longbow was in MW4:Mercs Mektek release, which had tons of unseen content because it was a fan release.

#40 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 18 February 2015 - 01:30 AM

View PostFlash Frame, on 17 February 2015 - 05:13 PM, said:

Longbow was in MW4:Mercs Mektek release, which had tons of unseen content because it was a fan release.

Yes... and it was in the MW4: mercs VANILLA game... It's even in the cut scenes!

2 seconds in you already see a longbow on the right
7 seconds in you see it fire at the Hauptman
19 seconds you see it walking in line with the Templar

Mektek didn't alter enemy mechs on missions NOR did they change the cutscenes or intro/ ending besides putting there own credits and pre-intro credits in.

Longbow is present as an enemy on quite a few missions.

Longbow has it's own unique damage "paper doll" (this isn't a feature for mektek mechs, all mektek mechs have a Mad cat II damage doll instead with the "Special" 1 and/or 2 removed if the mech had none, 1, or 2.

(to thoes non MW4 people, on some mechs they added 2 more areas that isn't a torso, head, arm, etc... they had a simular percentage health to corresponding part and they can be taken out individually... this what makes mechs like the timberwolf not bad for the huge "ST"

I have the vanilla game and the patch logs for mektek confirm that they never added the longbow (or even altered the stock load out)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users