• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHorn Lake, Mississippi

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:19 PM

I just downloaded Team Speak to my computer for this game so I can maybe better coordinate with friends/Teammates. I take it we need to be using the same server/talk channel in order to hear one another? Planning on getting a headset this week as all I have know is a standard Microphone, but it works. Never used TS before so new at this.

#2 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...mspeak-servers/

This should help you.

#3 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 29 January 2015 - 09:50 PM

View PostColonelProctor, on 29 January 2015 - 09:19 PM, said:

I just downloaded Team Speak to my computer for this game so I can maybe better coordinate with friends/Teammates. I take it we need to be using the same server/talk channel in order to hear one another?

That is correct.

Once you install and run Teamspeak click on the "Connections" tab in the upper left corner of the window, you should get a screen that looks like this...

Posted Image

Type in the server address, name you want displayed, server password (if required) and press connect.

#4 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:06 PM

Thank you fellas! This might take me a little getting used to but I think I see how it works. Saw many options and houses and the Clans listed in the server and how it displayed individual names and such. Should be easy to get.

#5 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:32 PM

View PostColonelProctor, on 29 January 2015 - 10:06 PM, said:

Thank you fellas! This might take me a little getting used to but I think I see how it works. Saw many options and houses and the Clans listed in the server and how it displayed individual names and such. Should be easy to get.

I see that you're sporting a Davion sunburst. ;)

Out unit hosts a public server for Fed-Com aligned players who are looking looking to drop together, We got a pretty good spread of players across all time zones so there is almost always a few guys on line so feel free to stop by. The server address is in the my screenshot, no PW required.

#6 ColonelProctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 243 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:54 AM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 29 January 2015 - 11:32 PM, said:

I see that you're sporting a Davion sunburst. ;)

Out unit hosts a public server for Fed-Com aligned players who are looking looking to drop together, We got a pretty good spread of players across all time zones so there is almost always a few guys on line so feel free to stop by. The server address is in the my screenshot, no PW required.

Will do. I am in the central time zone here in the States and roughly don't jump on until midnight my time after work. On Tuesday thru Sundays. Mondays and Tuesdays I might be on here all day while the wife works.I have dropped with the HHoD on CW before.

#7 Insects

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 995 posts
  • Locationstraya

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:08 AM

Does that team speak overlay add-on work for anyone in MWO?
I've been trying to setup but the mouse won't click the overlay in game.

#8 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:43 AM

View Postjoelmuzz, on 30 January 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

Does that team speak overlay add-on work for anyone in MWO?
I've been trying to setup but the mouse won't click the overlay in game.

I've never had luck getting it to work, but if you run TS "as administrator" it might solve the issue for you.

#9 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:48 AM

Do most people use an overlay in TS/MWO? I feel like sometimes I'm the only person that doesn't use one, because I would have to tab out of the game to see whose circle is lighting up to know who's talking all the time.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:20 AM

View PostTarogato, on 30 January 2015 - 07:48 AM, said:

Do most people use an overlay in TS/MWO? I feel like sometimes I'm the only person that doesn't use one, because I would have to tab out of the game to see whose circle is lighting up to know who's talking all the time.

Most don't, but it is handy for knowing the names of the people who pop in during a match or being able to quickly adjust someone's volume when they are unpleasantly loud.

Or too difficult to hear.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users