41 replies to this topic

#41 Tor Jorgensson

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:34 PM

View PostThomasMarik, on 03 February 2015 - 03:17 AM, said:

The plan to have a double of Joshua Marik to keep Thomas support is beyond me. Hans never promised they would be able to save Joshua but they did give it their best shot. Had Victor just been honest about it he could ahve spard himself alot of grief. I remember Victor saying he thought he would have to make reparations over Joshuas death. Why? He would have to compensate Thomas over tryign to save the kids life?

That whole plot thread and the infuriating ruining of Thomas character that spun out of it still makes no sense to me. I suppose there are alot of things in Battletech lore that doesn't make much sense to me.

You mean the ruining of ACTUAL Thomas's character, or CLONE Thomas's character? ;)

#42 Qtvcfr

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 51 posts
  • LocationManhattan, Kansas

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:14 PM

I've often thought that Davion seemed just a little too good. But then I remember that even Victor (aka FASA's golden bukkae bullseye) did things like:

1. Attempt to pawn off a cloned child to his father as the real thing and as a result caused a massive Marik/Liao invasion which killed thousands of his own soldiers and destabilized society around the core of the Innersphere to the point that the center of the known universe became a quagmire of anarchy. Destroying the lives of millions of innocent civilians in the process.

2. Took over the Comgaurds who were a supposedly neutral faction and used them to continue a longstanding sibling rivalry an promote his own political agenda. Which caused a polarization of Comstar and turned the insane religious fanatics of the Word of Blake into a permanent fixture within the Innersphere.

and

3. After his girlfriend gets assassinated, spends a whole freaking YEAR moping like a grounded emo kid. All the while his own soldiers are getting slaughtered in a civil war that he started.

I'm not even going into all the Really messed up stuff his Pappy or Sister did.

Yeah, Davion often comes across as the perfect white knights, but they ultimately do more to ruin life for everyone in the Innersphere as a whole than any other single family.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users