96 replies to this topic

#21 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 10:07 PM

View PostArchangelKenko, on 08 February 2015 - 08:35 PM, said:

If that's the case, why not defend with honor, instead of trying to flee and attack Liao at the other end of the Sphere?

When did we flee? Mostly we just defend against Liao, your sorta a tertiary target right now. We stomped Liao before because any time we didn't, you were attacking.

#22 LittleFly

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostGorgo7, on 08 February 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Damn!
What is with this topsy turn world...Liao winning?
Man...I need to change sides to the losing team...hmm...Davion seems to be it after all.

Davion is always the loser team, even when their house is winning battles. As Liao you should know this...

#23 Gerdskies

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:33 AM

SHOTS FIRED LITTLEFY, come on man

#24 Demoncard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:37 AM

View PostThor 33, on 07 February 2015 - 07:22 PM, said:

Why are we losing so much ground to LIAO? Why are we never attacking them?

I noticed that. I was making jokes about how they had so little land, and then poof, they take over a good chunk of the Inner Sphere when nobody's looking.

Slippery suckers, those greens.

#25 GI Journalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 595 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:03 PM

Pay no attention to a few rogue malcontents who insist there can be no peace until Capella is returned to House Liao. All loyal Capellans recognize the Clan threat and are holding to the cease fire. Surely you won't miss a few worlds taken in border skirmishes by mercenaries of no consequence? It is a small price to pay for furthering peace between Houses and coordinating the defense of the Inner Sphere against the Clans.

#26 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:48 PM

Actually we don't tend to miss them. When the Clan border went quiet a few of us showed up and shut the Liao border down tonight.

As to coordination, you should be looking to Marik for leadership in the nSL. They're doing a great job.

#27 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:55 AM

I think Davion catches most of the Heat simply due to the first month of CW and of course in LORE (and Michael Stackpole Books) you are the goody two shoes types. Not to mention some in Davion were sorta "holier than thou" attitude in the forums. I would bet HK will one day catch flak for our current fun filled arrogance. :)

For myself, my thirst for Davion blood has largely been quenched. I don't know when but at some point HK units will have to form a formal cease fire with Davion and turn its full attention back north (although that doesn't mean some planet trading won't still happen or skirmishes).

I mean this whole heartedly, while some few Davions get all butt hurt, very many of you put up the good fight. NS as a group has noticed an improvement in the quality of Davion soldiers remaining. While we are still winning pretty much all the time I admire the fact you still come to fight and the games are getting tighter from a tactics perspective. I see units scouting out lanes of approach, bringing META oriented mechs and moving in more organized manner than I first saw when HK began its Davion Offensive. So, maybe we are just hardening you to the harsh realities of clan warfare for that fateful time when we do have a cease fire and we all turn our attention back to the clans full time.

Edited by CrockdaddyAoD, 11 February 2015 - 10:09 AM.

#28 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:08 AM

How much are you going to pay us to do that?

#29 Valar13

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 784 posts
  • LocationRobinson

Posted 11 February 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 11 February 2015 - 07:55 AM, said:

I think Davion catches most of the Heat simply due to the first month of CW and of course in LORE (and Michael Stackpole Books) you are the goody two shoes types. Not to mention some in Davion were sorta "holier than thou" attitude in the forums. I would bet HK will one day catch flak for our current fun filled arrogance. :)

For myself, my thirst for Davion blood has largely been quenched. I don't know when but at some point HK units will have to form a formal cease fire with Davion and turn its full attention back north (although that doesn't mean some planet trading won't still happen or skirmishes).

I mean this whole heartedly, while some few Davions get all butt hurt, very many of you put up the good fight. NS as a group has noticed an improvement in the quality of Davion soldiers remaining. While we are still winning pretty much all the time I admire the fact you still come to fight and the games are getting tighter from a tactics perspective. I see units scouting out lanes of approach, bringing META oriented mechs and moving in more organized manner than I first saw when HK began its Davion Offensive. So, maybe we are just hardening you to the harsh realities of clan warfare for that fateful time when we do have a cease fire and we all turn our attention back to the clans full time.

Trial by fire, eh?

#30 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

The Davion problem is not Kurita or Liao but Davion. GIT GUD is more than just running the right meta (though that is part of it). It's spending the time, effort and energy to hook up and train with comparable folks, create practice and deploy intentional (not reactionary) tactics and approach your drops as a team effort not an individual one. After you're functioning and successful and those winning traits are habitual you can focus back on your own success within the group but you need to make that first investment of time, effort and energy. You also need a supportive and mutually interested group to sync with. Can only get so good on your own.

People don't realize that their pug team didn't lose to that 12man because of some event in that match. It was lost weeks ago when that 12man developed, refined and practiced that tactic. The match was won or lost before it started. A matter of logistics and consistency, not tactics anymore. The best use of that match for the pug team is observation, evaluation and testing counters and behaviors they can use next time. They will always be disadvantaged in a pug group but anyone who plays this game without intentional strategy and tactics, looking forward and trying to adapt, will only ever be food for those who do.

Edited by MischiefSC, 11 February 2015 - 02:17 PM.

#31 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:59 PM

[redacted]

Bacon and beer?

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 12 February 2015 - 05:29 PM.
Unconstructive quote

#32 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 11 February 2015 - 11:28 AM, said:

Why would we pay the court jester to spit and drool on himself for our amusement? Ha ha ha.

Posted Image

#33 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:06 PM

Whoa there, nobody "hires" mercs here, they go where they want and there isn't a process in place to do otherwise. This was just two people joking around. Apologize if that offended you. Take a look at the thread (and others with it). I didn't expect anyone to take them anything like seriously.

Since you actually liked your own post I'll like it for you and you can take yours back and still be at 2 likes.

Edited by MischiefSC, 11 February 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#34 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:06 PM

[redacted]
The 228th seems very interested in liking their own posts however. ;)

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 12 February 2015 - 05:30 PM.
Unconstructive quote

#35 GlizzyGobbler98

LeBoeuf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

I would have C-bills, along with a serious offer.

And yes, we are for hire and it's quite easy to proceed payment.

Edited by TheB33f, 11 February 2015 - 03:08 PM.

#36 moderatepudding

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 147 posts
  • LocationThe Danger Zone

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:16 PM

Liking your own posts is key to maximising your likes per post ratio and winning forum warrior on line. I thought everyone would have realised this by now?

#37 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:17 PM

View Postmoderatepudding, on 11 February 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

Liking your own posts is key to maximising your likes per post ratio and winning forum warrior on line. I thought everyone would have realised this by now?

An advanced technique I thought was only limited to WoL and NKVA until now...

#38 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:32 PM

View PostTheB33f, on 11 February 2015 - 03:07 PM, said:

I would have C-bills, along with a serious offer.

And yes, we are for hire and it's quite easy to proceed payment.

Was going to ask why you guys need cbills, but in the end that's irrelevant. It's actually cool; you have a value-exchange with the house you work for. I find that drastically superior as it gives reason to perform and coordinate.

Why don't all mercs do that?

#39 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

View PostSocop, on 11 February 2015 - 03:17 PM, said:

An advanced technique I thought was only limited to WoL and NKVA until now...

We can't train the Goon out of her, please excuse us in this matter.

#40 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 04:20 PM

Son of a ....

I get it. Yes, actually, you can pay units. One of the biggest, stupidest aspects of cw is that mercs are not "hired". They just show up and put on a faction tag and suddenly they're your faction. They have no obligation, no risk, no investment. No reason to perform or be valuable save self respect.

The ability to pay mercs and they, in turn, to want to be valuable to hire makes mercs a commodity worth hiring and an asset to their employer and thus actually significant to the cw meta game.

What pisses me off is why did you guys have to be the ones to do this; why didn't PGI make it a more functional part of the game? Mercs as a commodity instead of a migratory disruption makes for a better cw for everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users