Srot Call Out

26 replies to this topic

#21 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:30 AM

I happened to be in that match Geck0. We have a lot of people in SRoT and what you faced was a ragtag group of us with absolutely none of our official drop commanders. The DC in the match decided to do this second wave hiding on Boreal B2 area. I did NOT agree with this call and was pretty vocal on our comms about it, but we follow DC regardless. The strat worked quite well despite my hatred of it, and could be used to win a match potentially.

#22 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:05 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 11 February 2015 - 10:22 AM, said:

agreed, I have more than a few Marik people I PUG drop with and they're all good players who are also fun to drop with. Still, we need to push that border back to where it was, Steiners...

Marik space bacon plus Steiner scout lance beer...gimme both and I'm a happy Badger.

Edited by Ghost Badger, 12 February 2015 - 07:05 AM.

#23 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:10 AM

View PostThomasMarik, on 10 February 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

Ah, another clanner demanding people abide by the rules of zelbregen. If only the inner sphere would line up in front of their suprior weapons. Alas the clannners have to actually move around and find their targets. How horrid!

They've managed to force this to be the case in Skirmish, why not expect success demanding it here?

#24 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:08 AM

Or to say it with Kurita words:: Calm down your honor by fulfilling your duty.

#25 Docta Dakka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:47 PM

you should have posted this to the daily whine thread. cause thats what your doing....whining.

#26 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:09 PM

View PostGeck0, on 10 February 2015 - 09:31 PM, said:

In the end it doesn't matter so long as we had fun, showed respect and keep our dignity. With this behavior you may gain fake trophies, but you lost real values.

It is NOT FUN fighting a team with 3+ active ECM's, 3+ streakcrows that field more S-SRM's than our assaults can carry SRM's, and nearly unkillable XL's. Last night I killed 3 crows in a row that got down to & bellow 12%. Even with both arms & a ST missing they can still have more sustained DPS than most of our injured mechs. I'm only surprised Paul didn't strap switchblades to your knees & spurs on your heals for such situations.

So at the end of the day, we do what's fun for us.

If you want to talk about losing real values, how about the Clan values you guys shot thru the heart, skull-f***ed, then tossed on the shoulder of a desert road to rot. We'll bring back some class when you can bring back some historical Clan tactics. Attempting to only fight 1v1, not peeking from behind hills, not spamming the field with ECM, having 2 random players DC each match, etc to name a few.

If you guys want to ghost drop us all the time because your small numbers "play" odd times most casual house players don't, then don't be surprised when casual house players use "queue meta" tactics on banker holidays & weekends. Don't piss and moan when "we" occationally use tactics that you find unfun when we have to put up with your clan tech in full force 24/7.

That said SRoT's top brass does not advocate such tactics, same with zerg rush.

Edited by Hydrocarbon, 08 March 2015 - 03:12 PM.

#27 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 03:14 PM

Whew, someone dug back a few days to necro this thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users