#21 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

View Postjeirhart, on 13 February 2015 - 07:21 AM, said:

The vocal members of Lords you speak of are not actually in Lords anymore, as Lords recently split. If the Lords you are still encountering in CJF territory are still displaying poor sportsmanship, they are very few and far between. Lords themselves while active in CW are not nearly as active as units such as 12DG or SRoT. While these Steiner units are not necessarily as good as Lords (pilot v pilot) they certainly have far greater activity levels in CW and can occasionally field multiple twelve mans while Lords can maybe field a twelve man if the stars align.

Honestly, most of the drops I've been in (the vast majority being PUG drops) have been against your unit (JFP). To your credit, you guys fight very well. I saw the LORDS early and often, but haven't seen them much lately. I'm guessing that's more a function of when I usually drop vs when they usually drop, and not the fact they aren't dropping anymore.

My point, though, is that while we have a large population, if you actually look at what you're facing when you drop, you'll rarely see the same unit tag on more than a lance, and even that is fairly rare. Now if you drop on a Friday or Saturday night, that's likely to change, but you guys own the week. Usually we make small gains during the weekend and then lose them and more during the week, or that's been the pattern so far.

I think we can both agree that whatever power gets the mercs is the one that can make concerted pushes. The exception being Marik and Liao, which only have 1-2 fronts and thus can focus all their energy in one direction.

Edited by Dawnstealer, 13 February 2015 - 07:52 AM.

#22 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:06 AM

It is always a toss up when attacking Steiner whether we will get an actual Steiner group, IS mixed pugs, or a twelve man from another faction. Does Steiner run into a lot of non-Falcons when hitting our planets?

#23 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

Depends what day and what time. Approx. EU Ceasefire- 1 1/2 hour everybody drops in queues with most drops. Didn't we drop against your unit prior to ceasefire?

#24 Hydrocarbon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 659 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:24 AM

Personally I dislike playing Jade for the same reason I disliked playing past online FPS games with a pistol & no body armor.

It's not the people, it's the mechs. Until I stop seeing 7-9 Timby/Stormy/Hellbringers on a team at any given time (vs our "uber" 9S that's now being nerfed), I'll continue to fight IS teams.

Things I prefer about IS fights: when you blow off their XL's ST, they die; they don't have any ECM mechs between 45-95 tons; they rarely have alpha strikes above 40 (when they do, it's ammo-based or dissimilar weapons); most of their mechs have an Achilles Heel (one torso/arm that contains >50% of their firepower); their quirks make it easy to deduce their loadout, and thus how to react to them; their quirks & ******/minimal hardpoints make multi-role mechs nearly non-existent. There are more, but those are my favorites.

I will admit there's one thing I like about facing clan mechs: it's almost therapeutic in the sense I just have to bash the FIRE key til you die. No thought involved, really. Focus fire to kill-em-all or lose.

#25 Docta Dakka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:07 AM

what a dbag to post crap like this thread.

#26 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:15 AM

View Postjeirhart, on 13 February 2015 - 08:06 AM, said:

It is always a toss up when attacking Steiner whether we will get an actual Steiner group, IS mixed pugs, or a twelve man from another faction. Does Steiner run into a lot of non-Falcons when hitting our planets?

When I see a mixed Clan unit attacking, typically full of Wolves, I get a little glee-filled, to be honest. Those are always walks. When I see a solid line of JFP, and we're PUGs, it's going to be a bad time.

#27 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:04 AM

Honestly the biggest difference between fighting vs IS or Clans for me is simply a matter of knowing what I am going to be running into.

If I fight clans, it is generally always the same-ish 'mechs with similar load-outs. Very predictable and you know what you are getting. There are only so many clan mechs after all.

If I fight IS, I could be running into anything. Wolverines, Griffins, Atlas, Firestarters, Stalkers, Banshees, Thunderbolts (wub or erppc), etc. There are a lot of 'mechs to choose from and much harder to plan around.

Mech selection is both a blessing and a curse.

#28 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

I could see that. One option for dealing with that would be to attack the Clans, though. I mean, just go ahead and attack Wolf and Ghost Bear - we'll keep the planets you claimed in Steiner space warm.

Posted Image

#29 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:40 AM

Maybe once the FRR is eliminated we might press on the other clans as we drive towards Terra.

Of course we might just get to take some Marik territory before then too...

#30 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

View Postjeirhart, on 13 February 2015 - 11:40 AM, said:

Maybe once the FRR is eliminated we might press on the other clans as we drive towards Terra.

Of course we might just get to take some Marik territory before then too...

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users