21 replies to this topic

#1 Amsro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,384 posts
  • LocationCharging my Gauss Rifle

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:10 PM

We are again attacking the clans! Join the fight in taking the planet!

60%
66%
53%
46%

Need more attackers!!

There are too many defenders now, not enough attackers.

Edited by Amsro, 12 February 2015 - 09:18 PM.

#2 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:11 PM

Was going good. Getting worried, defenders outnumber us almost 2:1 at the moment. We've lost some manpower in the last half hour. Need folks to hang out a little longer, up to ceasefire.

The clanners just keep spamming us to death.

Edited by Divine Retribution, 12 February 2015 - 09:18 PM.

#3 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:32 PM

Ramsau was also outnumbered and derp rushed by the clans. Guess OLD should start playing cheesy too.
5 minute light rushes do take territories faster than wiping the enemy forces...

Edited by Divine Retribution, 12 February 2015 - 09:53 PM.

#4 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

That was pretty intense. Good attack. You just lost momentum in the end.

#5 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 12 February 2015 - 09:43 PM

Jade Falcon sends its regards.

#6 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

9 pm to 11 pm EST we had nothing but wins all night. Then those of us with jobs went to bed. And apparently the next two hours weren't quite as good for everyone, lol.

#7 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

More lawns will be watered with cloned blood this weekend!

#8 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts
  • LocationLeipzig, Germany

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:21 PM

View PostJonathan Paine, on 13 February 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

More lawns will be watered with cloned blood this weekend!

228th will be with you.

228th was fighting hard for Heiligendreuz, not a single loss, but unfortunately we were always only caught up in counter attacks. By the time we'd sent the salty clams home it was too late.
Just a reminder for all regular members of the Kungsarme and auxiliary troops; that mobile HQ gets evacuated as soon as the fighting starts and is absolutely unimportant. It will be replaced by the end of the fight. (That means if the enemy destroys the mobile HQ they still have to be up in kills by the end of the round. As long as we have a kill advantage of at least 1 we win regardless as defenders.)

Edited by Shredhead, 13 February 2015 - 02:22 PM.

#9 Tumbling Dice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • LocationThe Outer Limits of the Twilight Zone

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:57 PM

Yes, in your face battles we win most. What we don't win is the war as they ghost drop us out of existence. This is so much fun I find it hard to stop keep playing.
And why are we attacking when we are losing planets? We cannot win planets with the number of 12 man's we bring. The numbers defeat us. Not the clans.

#10 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:29 PM

View PostWolfiac, on 13 February 2015 - 08:57 PM, said:

Yes, in your face battles we win most. What we don't win is the war as they ghost drop us out of existence. This is so much fun I find it hard to stop keep playing.
And why are we attacking when we are losing planets? We cannot win planets with the number of 12 man's we bring. The numbers defeat us. Not the clans.

There are usually enough defenders, especially when we get help from other IS factions. With attacks we can bind clan forces that would otherwise drop against us on all the planets we have to defend.
PuGs are also better at defending and counter attack than on a planetary attack.

Edited by Shredhead, 13 February 2015 - 09:31 PM.

#11 Tumbling Dice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:37 PM

View PostShredhead, on 13 February 2015 - 09:29 PM, said:

There are usually enough defenders, especially when we get help from other IS factions. With attacks we can bind clan forces that would otherwise drop against us on all the planets we have to defend.
PuGs are also better at defending and counter attack than on a planetary attack.

WE lost one planet this cycle and almost lost a second. In the mean time forces were wasted trying to take a planet you will never take with the numbers we have. The clans just line up 2 or 3 or more companys to ghost drop at end of cycle to negate an entire attack cycle of effort. Even the blind could see this is a futile endeavor.

#12 Shredhead

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:28 PM

View PostWolfiac, on 13 February 2015 - 09:37 PM, said:

WE lost one planet this cycle and almost lost a second. In the mean time forces were wasted trying to take a planet you will never take with the numbers we have. The clans just line up 2 or 3 or more companys to ghost drop at end of cycle to negate an entire attack cycle of effort. Even the blind could see this is a futile endeavor.

We were both defending Suk II and attacking Lothan or w/e the name was, but there weren't enough attackers on Suk all the time and we didn't want to waste drop opportunities. I'm sorry, but we can't do jack **** about it when the planet is already at 93% when we start dropping CW.
We are not the only ones in that faction, and we do what we can.

#13 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:38 PM

The main problem is numbers. We fight, we win, we get the planet up to 66%, or more, and the clans drop enough 12 mans, at the end, to keep them or, take the planet we are defending. The ones we keep are because of outside help, for the most part.

Watch the last 20-30 minutes of an attack cycle when we are rolling. They, the clans, ***** about light rushes...and they pull some of the most dishonorable crap, by their own lore, than anyone else.

#14 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:47 PM

I'm sorry I didn't get the name of your unit, nor the reason why you pinning the reason the entire faction didn't perform to your specifications on the 228th.

#15 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:52 PM

I don't think he did, Deadfire.

#16 Tumbling Dice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:29 AM

View PostDeadfire, on 13 February 2015 - 10:47 PM, said:

I'm sorry I didn't get the name of your unit, nor the reason why you pinning the reason the entire faction didn't perform to your specifications on the 228th.

The entire faction didn't perform because we don't have the numbers to both attack and defend. And your UNIT tag has no effect on my opinion as some of the worlds we seek to retake were taken by your UNIT. I am not a "lorist", nor do I intend to become one. I am a realist who apparently has a better view of the situation than you do.

#17 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 09:32 AM

View PostWolfiac, on 14 February 2015 - 02:29 AM, said:

The entire faction didn't perform because we don't have the numbers to both attack and defend. And your UNIT tag has no effect on my opinion as some of the worlds we seek to retake were taken by your UNIT. I am not a "lorist", nor do I intend to become one. I am a realist who apparently has a better view of the situation than you do.

Please enlighten me to the situation you speak of, as I doubt its anything different from what other low pop factions have. Not sure where you get this opinion that our unit's tag matters to us, nor why it matters where we were employed previously. Shreadhead is simply saying from experience that we know what we can realistic gain from attacking vice defending, even as a low pop faction. Experience is what we have to give us a much better understanding of the situation, we have done these things before.

#18 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 14 February 2015 - 11:34 AM

Don't worry, brother. Numbers won't be an issue for long. You should also not be so quick with the tongue when units come in to reinforce our assaults. We've been running our maneuvers, even in mixed 12 man units, and running 100% victory nights, all this week. Don't let the longevity of the campaign get to your mind so soon.

You know the nature of Mercs, and they'll follow the money no matter what. They've followed the money here now, so take advantage of this moment and get back in the fight. Winning begins in the individual's mind and heart, and manifests it's self through sharpened skill, and repetitive exercise with one's brothers in arms. Save the venom for the fight, not for our current allies.

You need to keep in mind that lines are going to shift in war, it happens everywhere. Not only are you biting at our allies on the offensive, but you dishonor the allies who've come to assist us, and your words fly in the face of all we've done to build our alliances to bring in defenders. My hope is in the future you will think of these things before firing off a message. We will lose planets, and we will take planets. What we can do without is negativity, from our own no less, being spread about wantonly.

Edited by DaemonWulfe, 14 February 2015 - 11:52 AM.

#19 Tumbling Dice

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:02 AM

I would expect nothing less than having you come to the defense of the others, when they need no defense. I never said anything derogatory in any of my statements, but you, and they, assume I did. So you, and they, climb down my throat about something I never said. I merely pointed out that our numbers will not support attacking and defending. I did not bring unit tags into the conversation until he did.
Fly's in the face of? Dishoner our allies? Biting at our allies? I did all that? Wow!
You take this game way too seriously dude.

Edited by Wolfiac, 15 February 2015 - 06:14 AM.

#20 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 15 February 2015 - 11:15 AM

**OOC**

Psst, here's a little hint man, if everyone has a similar perception that you're being negative, perhaps you need to look deeper at yourself. Just sayin'...

Edited by DaemonWulfe, 15 February 2015 - 11:15 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users