51 replies to this topic

#1 HlynkaCG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

Earlier tonight (17 minutes prior to NA cease-fire) I found myself in a Pug drop, defending Ulan Bator against a mixed group of FWLG and others.

Long story short Omega was taken down in the first wave and the FWL players proceeded to camp our drop zone. No one enjoys being farmed, and no one likes being patronized while they're being farmed. I lost my temper and said some things that were out of line.

I would like to apologize to everyone who was in that match, and to player Orcsbow (I think that was his name) in particular who ended up becoming the unwitting target of my frustration and wrath.

Mea Culpa.

#2 Aurihalcon

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 24 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:38 PM

This game, like most other FPS games, tends to bring out those reactions, doesn't it? I usually flip off my screen =/

#3 Orcbow

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:26 AM

I think the spawn camping was highly unfair to you and your team. I did not agree with the decision. As for the patronizing and/or name calling, I did not see any from either side. There are few times I will read the chat when I know nothing but insults will be passed back and forth.

Pas de soucis (French: No worries).

#4 HlynkaCG

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,263 posts
  • LocationSitting on a 12x multiplier and voting for Terra Therma

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:46 AM

As far a the patronizing you had a few guys who were typing things like "keep trying you almost made it out of the dropship that time" and "why end it when we can club noobs for LP".

One other HHoD player and I managed to fight our way out Gamma gate, at which point several of your guys called us honorless cowards and I lost my temper.

#5 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:59 AM

HlynkaCG, could you privately message me any names that you remember saying those things? We can't control our PUGs, but we do try to discourage unsportsmanlike conduct such as that in the FWLM. Friendly ribbing and a little smack talk are one thing, but this crosses the line into poor sportsmanship. If it was anyone in my unit (with -BW- tags), I will deal with them personally. Anyone in another unit, I will pass this along to their unit COs to deal with.

I apologize on behalf of the FWLM for any unsportsmanlike conduct from our members. Spawn camping can't always be avoided, due to the nature of the maps - you're either marching through the spawn point to reach the objective, or you're hunkered under cover with direct line-of-sight on one of the spawn points - but it is something we generally try to discourage, knowing how infuriating it can be, and we strongly encourage our players to maintain good sportsmanship.

#6 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:11 AM

Honestly, if people were really trolling you while you were being spawn camped, then I don't blame you if you lost your cool. I'll admit, I've participated in PUG farm matches once the outcome was decided but trolling about it in all-chat is just insult to injury. I do know sometimes we like to screw about and be silly to pass the time, but if it crossed into insults . . . .

Posted Image

Sorry if that happened, man.

#7 Chiron

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 123 posts
  • LocationCharlottesville, VA

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:36 AM

This thread just exemplifies one of the major issues with some of the maps in CW right now and I'm impressed with the level of communication here, props to all of you.

#8 BIoB

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 08:39 AM

I was in that drop, there was minimal trolling / patronizing as far as im aware......

I remember people saying that we were fighting for c-bills and that both sides will make money

Yes we were able to push towards your base and shoot newly dropped in mechs but we've all been on the receiving end of it as part of a pug group.......its better then 2 lights rush financially

Sorry if it felt patronising, it was not our intention

Edited by Irish BoB, 15 February 2015 - 08:40 AM.

#9 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:11 AM

View PostIrish BoB, on 15 February 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

I was in that drop, there was minimal trolling / patronizing as far as im aware......

I remember people saying that we were fighting for c-bills and that both sides will make money

Yes we were able to push towards your base and shoot newly dropped in mechs but we've all been on the receiving end of it as part of a pug group.......its better then 2 lights rush financially

Sorry if it felt patronising, it was not our intention

You were still awake at that hour? Jesus man, I thought you went to bed when I did!

#10 Alex Reed

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:26 AM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 15 February 2015 - 02:46 AM, said:

As far a the patronizing you had a few guys who were typing things like "keep trying you almost made it out of the dropship that time" and "why end it when we can club noobs for LP".

One other HHoD player and I managed to fight our way out Gamma gate, at which point several of your guys called us honorless cowards and I lost my temper.

Hlynka,

The next time you encounter something like that, I would recommend taking some screenshots.

For example, if a member of the Seraphim is caught doing this, it carries huge consequences and could result in that player being perma-banned from our unit. My guys know if they carry the [SRPH] TAG into battle and act this way that they have embarrassed our unit and it is not something that I take lightly.

There are many other units in this game that do not have tolerance for this type behavior as well.

Conversely, I am good about reporting people to PGI when they use profanity in the in-game chat (since the Seraphim have quite a few minors who join us in drops). But, when the person doing it is being trolled and/or griefed, I kinda forget to take those screenshots ... if you know what I mean...

But, to your point ... the words you used in your initial post exhibit your honor and I salute you, sir. Those words are never easy to type or say, but they exhibit the inherent integrity of the speaker.

Peace be with you,

Alex...

Edited by Alex Reed, 15 February 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#11 Brew E

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 467 posts
  • LocationUnknown

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

I am in agreement with Alex Reed of the Seraphim on this. I appreciate your honesty and integrity on your post Hlynka it shows character which is sometime lacking in the MWO community. I know my unit "Knight Wardens" holds ourselves to a different standard and encourage our pilots to behave in a fashion that honors our unit and this game. It is difficult at times not to be frustrated with a game that is centered on the base PVP element and at times finds itself at odds with ones better character. It does bring out a base emotions at times and we just need to do our best to govern it and move on. Thank you for your honesty and hope to see you in the game.

#12 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

View PostHlynkaCG, on 14 February 2015 - 10:24 PM, said:

Earlier tonight (17 minutes prior to NA cease-fire) I found myself in a Pug drop, defending Ulan Bator against a mixed group of FWLG and others.

Long story short Omega was taken down in the first wave and the FWL players proceeded to camp our drop zone. No one enjoys being farmed, and no one likes being patronized while they're being farmed. I lost my temper and said some things that were out of line.

I would like to apologize to everyone who was in that match, and to player Orcsbow (I think that was his name) in particular who ended up becoming the unwitting target of my frustration and wrath.

Mea Culpa.

Apologizing Is A Sign Of Great Weakness. No Surprise To See This Coming From Clanner.

#13 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:24 PM

Hey, Samurai, what was that one tenant of Bushido... It started with an R....

Oh, yeah.

Respect.

Maybe you and the rest of NKVA should actually start practicing it. Or maybe even learn what it means.

#14 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:33 PM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 15 February 2015 - 06:24 PM, said:

Hey, Samurai, what was that one tenant of Bushido... It started with an R....

Oh, yeah.

Respect.

Maybe you and the rest of NKVA should actually start practicing it. Or maybe even learn what it means.

Respect Davion's willingness to help us test endo-steel katana on their mechs. Cut Fedrat take two steps before fall in half, ha ha ha

#15 Magic Murder Bag

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 149 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between Naraka and Shinkoku

Posted 15 February 2015 - 06:48 PM

I feel you OP, had a similar problem a few days ago albeit somewhat different in a bad way. After getting our sorry asses stomped despite our best effort, the premades we were fighting weren't very friendly to us, hell a few told us to uninstall MW:O ; I'm used to losing since closed beta, but that comment was a whole new level. Went back to the regular game modes and damn nearly blew myself up in all chat in the process, but the people I was with managed to calm me down and I came to the self realization that I took it too seriously and was being a ***** to others in the process, so I apologized and moved on.

I swear, some people just need to respect others and, in my case, cool way the f*ck down. But it's the internet...what can you do?

P.S. this games community is probably on average the nicest I've seen in any online game...barring the occasional upset person that comes around, but it's normal

#16 Euphoric1RW

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 15 February 2015 - 07:18 PM

Smoke adders are against trolling, but as for spawn camping it is really a tactic and doubt PGI will do anything further about it, it is in the best interest of the team if they are able to spawn camp to finish up the game as soon as possible. it is not an honor less tactic for crying out loud. If you don't want the enemy team in your spawn then fight them back and work together, Like My Commander Lukoi always states, Team work is OP. Work on it.

If you are a better team, there is nothing you can do about it, I have had my share of a good stomping, you just have to move on and keep a box of tissues by your side, lol.

As for reporting for profanity, is that a reportable offense? Per the code of conduct. see ya on the battle field in your spawn if we can!

#17 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 09:25 PM

View PostInRev, on 15 February 2015 - 09:11 AM, said:

You were still awake at that hour? Jesus man, I thought you went to bed when I did!

Irish Bob is obviously a true son of the League.

#18 mikerso

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 10:24 PM

View PostVance Rezak, on 15 February 2015 - 07:18 PM, said:

....but as for spawn camping it is really a tactic..... !

Agreed, spawn camping isn't fun to be on the receiving end, but it is a tactic. It is the same for the gate camping. They are all tactics. Sometimes they are not fun on either end, but I do enjoy the feeling when you get the win.

Profanity though is definitely reportable. It is under the abuse section in the CoC. People insulting others to try and prove their point are only showing their own weaknesses.

A big hand to everyone who has gotten on and admitted they may have crossed the line. It helps growth not only in the game, but in life in the real world as well. Shows real integrity.

#19 MrMarkusCZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 16 February 2015 - 12:53 AM

Yesterday (February 15, 2015) at end of EU battle window) our faction group based on 313th and MGA met some almost Kurita mix. It was sulfur map of system Styx and we were attackers. We pushed hardly to hold positions on the hills near Alpha gate. So we of course had nice view to drop zone and made use of it. As I said to my friend Aylek, I understand their displeasure but that is war's reality. At group queue we can wait for opponent for connect or arrange some game rules change. Do not try this in Community Warfare it will sooner or later fail. We are not Knights of the Sky just remember English victory in the Battle of Agincourt (English longbow of regular soldiers agains French nobles massacre). It has nothing to do with dishonour our enemy. I will be always against making fun of enemy in chat. But play CW as merciless war, search for advantages and use them.

#20 Flamberg

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 9 posts
  • LocationEurope - Czech Republic - Roudnice nad Labem

Posted 16 February 2015 - 01:30 AM

Hello everyone!

FIrstly, I would like to express one thing: seriously, I am convinced that MWO community is one of the most mature one in online gaming. And that we are able to continuously "polish" our behaviors. Thanks for that!

Secondly, I see fighting in drop zones as a legal tactic.

Thirdly, it would be great if PGI implemented a possibility to coordinate drop windows among players. It would be great if the player could go to the dropdeck screen, select the next mech and then have an option to delay the drop. Not to delay by much, just one or two drop windows could be sufficient.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users