#21 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 17 February 2015 - 06:23 AM

View PostTime Bandit, on 16 February 2015 - 06:01 PM, said:

Just saying, but malls are kind of outdated.

I like malls they have theaters, restaurants, and other cool things still. It depends though is it like a new out door mall, or is it the indoor places kinda going out of business mall?

#22 Klappspaten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 February 2015 - 09:43 AM

View Postclownwarlord, on 17 February 2015 - 06:23 AM, said:

I like malls they have theaters, restaurants, and other cool things still. It depends though is it like a new out door mall, or is it the indoor places kinda going out of business mall?

I don't care what kind of mall it is as long as there is an arcade.

#23 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:04 AM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 16 February 2015 - 10:21 AM, said:

Yielding to pressure from delegates from across the Inner Sphere, ComStar has allowed construction of a new capital mall to begin on Terra. The North American city of San Diego was selected to be the site of this new capital, the delegates having deliberately chosen to construct a new capital instead of reoccupying the old Star League capital in Unity City, to further signify the new direction of the new Star League, and a divergence from the mistakes of the old League.

Ground was broken three days ago in a modest ceremony, with more emphasis on rapid construction than pomp and circumstance. The new Star League Mall currently consists of embassy buildings arrayed in a courtyard around Unity Hall, the new grand council chambers. A number of out buildings and additional construction are planned, as well, though ground outside of the grand courtyard has not yet been broken. There is also considerable debate on whether or not to include an embassy for the Clans.

Delegates and ambassadors from across the Inner Sphere are being invited to this new capital to begin conducting the business of the new Star League in earnest. Construction is still on-going, and much of the mall is still incomplete, but several residences and administrative spaces have already been constructed, and today the new capital of the Star League has been declared open for business!

http://newstarleague.enjin.com

(---BEGIN MISSIVE---Pedestrian traffic along the Merchant Quarter is heavy.

The lawns of the Embassy District are pristine and meticulously cared for...

Life as a Clan Fifth Columnist among the Unionites of Unity City, Terra is as challenging as it can be tedious. So much of a given day or even a given week are given over completely to the normal, mundane routines expected of a gardener's helper at the Lyran Embassy.

But every once in a while, when the normally empty dead-drop has an old-fashioned note (in this case a recipe for a Skye Scrambled "Ten Alarm" Eggs) "Life" gets decidedly more interesting for a time.

Much data, (data put into context equals) information, and (information sufficient to perform predictive analysis equals) intelligence can be gleaned from Clan Network Intrusion into Terra's Electro-Optical Satellites as well as the modern day equivalent of Terra's "Ma Bell."

Clan Data Mining, Data Farming and Data Warehousing has all but cracked each of OPN REVIVAL's (http://www.sarna.net...i/Clan_Invasion) final objective collection prerequisites. The need for "an operative on the ground" is not near as crucial to operational success as it was as recent as 3025. But inevitably (it has been Clarissa's experience) the need for "wet work" arises and having an operative in place proves critical to overall mission success.

The target...

...NOT a governance official...

...NOT a node in Terra's Military Command Infrastrure...

...NOT the design schematics for the latest in BattleMech Tech...

...but simply a corner market, an old fashioned Barrett Sniper Rifle and a circled date on a calendar month much, much closer than Clarissa had thought likely.

Smiling in genuine satisfaction as she bends over the Lyran Azaleas Bushes, Clarrisa will be regret breaking cover to participate in the "Battle for the fate of Terra", but seeing as First Lord Russ has announced there will be a climatic 100-Sector All-Clan and All-House multi-day combat to decide the fate of the Clan Invasion (Pre-Kurultai Agenda Mission Statement (DRAFT) ilKhan Intent) Clarissa has found herself eager to complete this phase of the effort.

What comes next?

At least for today, thoughts of Azaleas and Willow tree care can occupy the high-functioning and didactic attentions of the very latest in Clan Eugenics' answer to the optimal Terran operative.

"Yes," Clarissa murmurs like the gardener helpers all around her are want to do, "I will need to sharpen my pruning shears afore much longer." These Azaleas have as deep a roots system as those last valiant 15-FRR worlds still thriving in and amongst so very many Clan Invasion Coridors. ---END MISSIVE---)

#24 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

The next Star League meeting is scheduled for tonight at 1900/7:00pm Eastern time, on the Steiner TS server.

This is the tentative agenda for the meeting. If anyone has any suggestions or topics they wish to see addressed, please post them. Please no trolling.
Star League Meeting agenda

1. Report on status of the Clan front
2. Status, effectiveness, and alternatives to soft cease-fire NAP
3. Note on importance of ensuring players get fun matches, discuss ideas for promoting fun matches and increasing community populations
4. Discuss coordination and organization efforts, new star league website and ts
5. Discuss state of affairs with Kurita, and whether the Star League should become involved, and if so, how
6. Discuss strategic plans, including shifting of borders to potentially open new fronts, and to erect territorial barriers over  Terra.
7. Report and discussion on personnel exchange programs.
8. Any other business.

#25 YourSaviorLegion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 418 posts
  • LocationSpace The Final Frontier

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:31 AM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 21 February 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

The next Star League meeting is scheduled for tonight at 1900/7:00pm Eastern time, on the Steiner TS server.

This is the tentative agenda for the meeting. If anyone has any suggestions or topics they wish to see addressed, please post them. Please no trolling.

3. Note on importance of ensuring players get fun matches, discuss ideas for promoting fun matches and increasing community populations
4. Discuss coordination and organization efforts, new star league website and ts
5. Discuss state of affairs with Kurita, and whether the Star League should become involved, and if so, how
6. Discuss strategic plans, including shifting of borders to potentially open new fronts, and to erect territorial barriers over Terra.
8. Any other business.

Yummy yummy yummy I got IS mechs in my tummy!

#26 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:13 AM

Are HK ambassadors allowed to join today?

#27 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:19 PM

There is no bar against House Kurita sending delegates. However, as House Kurita has opted to not join the Star League, the Kurita delegates will not be able to vote in any measure.

#28 Reitmeier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 955 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:29 PM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 21 February 2015 - 12:19 PM, said:

There is no bar against House Kurita sending delegates. However, as House Kurita has opted to not join the Star League, the Kurita delegates will not be able to vote in any measure.

Thanks for the information...

#29 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:08 PM

This sort of thing would never happen at this time.

1. Remember that Comstar is a religious cult based on a near divinity status of the founder of Comstar the govt branch. Sort of like if the guy in charge of the Post Office decided to make the Post Office a religious cult and answerable only to itself and nobody else after the US falls apart and all 50 state's Governors claim they are the one true "President" of the US.

2. Comstar at this time is keeping a massive army hidden on their planet, massive training facilities hidden on one of the other planets ((Mars maybe?)), a warship fleet that nobody knows about and a ship yard capable of building more Warships but only being used to maintain their current fleet.

3. Comstar at this time doesn't support the idea of the IS reforming the Star League. Their game plan is for the Successor House's to beat themselves silly and eventually for their military to sweep in and claim the pieces and unite everybody under their *religious* banner.

4. Terra is Holy Ground to the cult and while they have let people show up from time to time and conduct business in a very short term function, they wouldn't open up anything long term because of how hard it would be for them to keep the secrets they have if there were constant traffic.

You might as well have released a press release stating that Mellissa Steiner-Davion was retiring as Archon in favor of following her dream job as a pop-singer and that she had passed control of House Steiner over to Morgan Kell because of... reasons.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 21 February 2015 - 03:10 PM.

#30 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:01 PM

View PostIlithi Dragon, on 21 February 2015 - 10:19 AM, said:

6. Discuss strategic plans, including shifting of borders to potentially open new fronts, and to erect territorial barriers over  Terra.
8. Any other business.

I must admit... your effort here has made this game much more enjoyable and taken the "Community" in Community Warfare to a higher level. And just to be crystal clear, I most definitely appreciate your very real transparency by posting this in common forums.

Your posts appears to me to be just 10% Roleplaying and 90% genuine inter-Factional / Intra-Inner Sphere politics with all the hopes and alternately machination (in near equal measure) that just such efforts are fraught with in the Real World. For example before there was a successful United Nations, there was the abortive League of Nations ( http://en.m.wikipedi...ague_of_Nations).

Of course ALL the high drama, rabid immaturity, rampant small-mindedness and endless parochial rhetoric / thought THAT hamstrung the abortive League of Nations effort, will still be here to hamper our attempts at Grand Strategy - it is only human nature after all to have a predilection and bias toward first looking toward once own tribe (definitely MWO Unit, maybe Faction) to the exclusion and ultimate forsaking of efforts like the League of Nations in real life, or Star a League (or our attempts at realizing an ilClan) in our game.

I say "our attempts " because I offer this (http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4194903) by way BETA transparency and full disclosure.

BETA efforts should be all about "proofing the route" one intends to pursue at Launch.

BUT if we all cooperate in Beta to best support PGI's development efforts through our own explorations, Proofs of Concept and internal gamer debates BY ACTUALLY SUBMITTING Feature Suggestions (http://mwomercs.com/...re-suggestions/) I invite all to do so as we proof the route toward NOT JUST a forging of a Star League (or our Clan attempts to catalyze an IlKhan/ilClan) but how we manage to empower the resultant collections of gamers.

Some initial and as yet immature concepts of employment that I am working up are CONEMP CLAN UNITY (http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4114431), CONEMP CLAN LEGIONNAIRE as well as the final part of the Trinity, CONEMP GENERAL STAFF (http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__4222282) of course once they are robust enough to be viable I will look to how best different facets of PGI's game coding could be best adjusted to enable new FEATURES and then turn in these Feature Suggestions at the link above.

I would hope Inner Sphere gamers are also working up ideas and concepts here in BETA so we could basically HELP PGI TO HELP GAMERS TO BEST ENJOY MWO. ALL Feature Suggestions have merit and should be turned in for PGI to parse through. Game Feature feasibility, viability and monetization are of course ALL given over to PGI to best determine. So while some suggestions are stellar, if the coding doesn't support it, or gamer conduct is likely to exploit it or monetization would just be at a net-cost-loss, those stellar suggestion will lie unrealized.

Anyhow, thx for posting your OP and the quoted post.

While we are working from opposing sides, I trust that enough Feature Suggestions will go forward from both our efforts here in Beta to ensure PGI can improve and refine the game enough to make our CW POST-LAUNCH reach-toward-Star League/ilClan that much more supportable by PGI MWO coding.

As ever, I am standing by to answer any questions or criticisms that are brought forward to me.

Thank you for your time and the opportunity to add this to you thread.

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 21 February 2015 - 10:11 PM.

#31 Onionbird

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 199 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:04 PM

hey i didn't read any of this thread but it seems like pretty lame fake territory stuff. well bye.

#32 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:17 AM

View PostOnionbird, on 21 February 2015 - 10:04 PM, said:

hey i didn't read any of this thread..(snip)...

While I agree it can be a bit if a "slog" to read, there really are some salient point being offered up here.

Judging by your previous post history, your contributions would be well worth the time invested.

I look forward to any future constructive criticisms, questions or comments.

Good luck and good gaming!

#33 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:05 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 23 February 2015 - 09:17 AM, said:

While I agree it can be a bit if a "slog" to read, there really are some salient point being offered up here.

Judging by your previous post history, your contributions would be well worth the time invested.

I look forward to any future constructive criticisms, questions or comments.

Good luck and good gaming!

You really took that guys post serious?

#34 Ilithi Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 475 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 23 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

Rodrigo sat in an outdoor cafe, quietly sipping a latte and 'reading' a news flimsy, seemingly scrolling through articles from a local news aggregate on the smart paper. In reality, the veteran SAFE agent was covertly monitoring a particular corner market, waiting for a particular junior horticulturalist to pay the market a visit.

Rodrigo had arrived on Terra six weeks ago, following a lead gleaned from a number of partial intercepts of heavily-encrypted transmissions, and a partially-destroyed data core that the Draconis Combine had managed to capture in a rare early victory against the Clans, and that a SAFE operative in the FWL embassy on Luthien had quietly copied for their own analysis. After spending a couple weeks inserting himself into the local routine, Rodrigo had spent the last month quietly monitoring this particular horticulturalist, though he had been careful to do so from a significant distance. His concern was less that his target would detect him, however, and more that his counterparts on Terra would pick up on his target and remove his ability to complete any of his mission objectives.

While SAFE was not nearly as incompetent as it was commonly believed to be, its reputation was partly earned, as well as fostered. It wasn't that SAFE trained bad agents, it was just that many of those agents tended to rely overmuch on the technology that SAFE provided them. Thanks to Marik's technological edge, SAFE agents had a wide array of technical gadgetry and skills to assist them in their efforts, some bordering on things you would expect to see in a cheesy spy movie, and SAFE agents generally had a strong technological advantage over most of their counterparts.

Rodrigo had learned early in his career, however, that technology could not always be depended on, and there was much to be said for old-fashioned tricks and leg-work in his business. So he had masked his real target by pretending to observe a number of other, believable targets in Unity City, to throw off the ComStar ROM agents who inevitably picked up on his presence and quietly attempted to monitor him, much as he was monitoring a particular horticulturalist. Despite, or perhaps because of the great care to evade or misdirect ComStar's pervasive monitoring of communications, Rodrigo's superiors put too much trust in their encryption protocols and message coding, and too much trust in their technical skills in creating the detailed history of his alias, and it invariably complicated his life in every field operation.

For now, though, Rodrigo was confident that his efforts to misdirect the ROM agents had been successful, and that his true target remained obscured. He had managed to slip a bug into the apartment the ROM agents were operating out of, several in fact, most of which had been burned, and two of which had been discovered and were being used to try and feed false information to him, but they had all been covers, expendable devices meant to mask the real bug, which had gone undetected. The ROM agents had even failed to catch one of his expendable probes, an old-fashioned, low-tech device that Rodrigo had thrown in, in the hope that the ComStar agents would find it and think it the device all the others were meant to distract from. The ROM agents were convinced that Rodrigo was there on a long-term operation to fish for blackmail opportunities, and that he was currently attempting to throw them off his "real" objective.

The SAFE agent took another sip of his latte to hide a smile at how the bumbling SAFE agent had managed to spin a show that the supposedly omniscient ROM agents had bought hook, line and sinker, and flicked his drooping flimsy to straighten it as his horticultural target walked past. It was actually the first time that his observation had put him anywhere close to his target - his efforts to throw off his ROM followers had forced him to do most of his real observing from a distance, relying much more on technology than he generally preferred.

The flick of his smart paper flimsy, though an innocuous motion, was anything but. It designated the horticulturalist as the target for a micro tracker, a sophisticated tracking and listening device half the size of a gnat, which clung to the side of the railing that enclosed the cafe's outdoor seating area, two tables past Rodrigo. As the target passed, the bug dropped off the railing and flew up to gently alight on a fold of the target's clothing, between her shoulderblades. The gut-twistingly expensive device then shifted color to match the cloth it was attached to, looking like nothing more than a thread snagged slightly out of place.

Rodrigo took another sip of his latte, and smiled up at the waiter who was delivering the rest of his order, and set about enjoying his meal and reading the latest antics of Terra's pop culture icons.

Edited by Ilithi Dragon, 23 February 2015 - 06:30 PM.

#35 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:12 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 16 February 2015 - 06:37 PM, said:

Arcade? Pizza?

Posted Image

:::Singing::: Star League Pizza! Where a kid can be a kid!

Wow that pic brings back good memories. Played so many of those games.

#36 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2015 - 01:57 AM

If Steiner hosted the Star League, could we call it the Skye Mall? :P

#37 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 24 February 2015 - 07:45 AM

Is the next comicon going to be hosted at the nSL mall??

#38 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 24 February 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

Maybe.

Ha ha ha.

*WARNING: GRAPHIC CONTENT OF NSL NOOBS BEING SLAYED IN VIRTUAL GAMESPACE - NOT FOR SMALL CHILDREN OR FAINT OF HEART -- SORRY DAVION RATS*

Edited by Tasker, 24 February 2015 - 09:03 AM.

#39 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

Very fitting that New Star League choose most degenerate, shameful symbol of consumer capitalism as testament to own buffoonery. No problem. Noble Kuritan Warriors deal with such things very easy.

#40 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostCrockdaddyAoD, on 24 February 2015 - 07:45 AM, said:

The next nSL meeting is to be hosted by the FRR hub

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users