The Star League Mall - A New Capital Under Construction

85 replies to this topic

#41 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 11:27 AM

Just ask Marik and they'll tell you that the parties that those who worship Blake put on are a GAS.

#42 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:23 PM

I hear the Clanners keep trying to book luthien for their next furrycon. I hear the northern half of Kurita is a big fan of the genre, been popular up there for months.

#43 Chaosbarbarian

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 21 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:38 PM

mmmm Furrycon, mmm Kurita, surely as the source of most of the spheres hetaicles the kuritans will offer your average jaded merc something "new" :)

#44 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:38 PM

Are furries as big in Japan as they are in the US? I mean clearly on a by the pound scale the US is going to win that being way more overweight but....

That said... Funny story about Furry's and supporting your friend. So I guy I played BT Table Top with for years, wrote a novel and e-published it on Amazon. I didn't hang out with other than playing Bt together but he said his book was a sci-fi based story so in support I bought it for like $2.99. No biggie, and it was supporting a friend. I never got around to reading it, but it's the thought that counts.. right?

Over the next few weeks Amazon starts sending me suggestions of Furry Suits, like a cow suit designed for man and the suit has udders over your crotch. Horse tails that the way you put them on seems really uncomfortable unless your dream date is getting kidnapped by one "those" types of aliens.

I couldn't figure out what the heck happened and why Amazon suddenly decided I was into this stuff. Well the guy I played Battletech with got back from a trip promoting his book and mentions that while he was there the entire hotel had to get cleaned out because of a gas attack. I asked him where that was and he said Chicago. Then it hit me... I remembered reading about a gas attack on a Chicago hotel that was hosting a convention....

Yup.. the novel was a Furry novel and that's why Amazon tagged me as a Furry. I never knew... I never... knew.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 24 February 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#45 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:51 PM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 24 February 2015 - 12:38 PM, said:

Yup.. the novel was a Furry novel and that's why Amazon tagged me as a Furry. I never knew... I never... knew.

So you're basically ****** once the furries start taking over the world of terror from ISIS and the NSA has you tagged, have fun in your very soft future guantanamo. :D

#46 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 26 February 2015 - 11:16 AM

[---BEGIN MISSIVE---"These Azaleas have as deep a roots system as those last valiant 15-FRR worlds still thriving in and amongst so very many Clan Invasion Corridors."

It was reported by her co-workers that Clarissa murmured something along these lines as well as a breathless comment about "pruning shears" before her shatter hulk gave up his little girl's soul...

Having his daughter's first assignment be run concurrently (though unknown to her) with his own mission on Terra, had been S. I. M. O. N.'s idea, and no one gets to second guess S. I. M. O. N. "Oh no! That wouldn't be proper, if SimonSays, all must do or die... though it appears one can "do" and "die..."

Damn "Automaton-Myrmidons" anyway....

(It takes Tomas more than a few minutes to process his grief, while puttering around the ilKhan-elect's newest forward operating base on Terra. Though clearly consumed by feelings of loss and desolation, Clarissa had been an only child. "Freebirth" is rightly a curse within Clan Culture, but while on a deep cover mission, Clarissa had been a rather unique (though NOT unprecedented) "keepsake" from a rather memorable tour on Atreus, run in anticipation of a concept like Wolf's Dragoons would soon set into motion.)

Thomas set aside the vial of spider-mites yet again...

"Interesting that Clarissa had managed to run afoul of BOTH agents of SAFE and of ROM in so short a period of time." Tomas stated, but then S. I. M. O. N. would already have received the same data stream his "Griefling-class" biogenic computer had just processed. Whereas some Inner Sphere Intelligence Apparatus prided themselves on Mechanical **** and augmentations, S. I. M. O. N. went "all in" on biometrics quite some time ago...

...it had also been S. I. M. O. N. who had terminated Clarissa's Entry-level "Trade-Craft" Training before it was even half completed and then ordered her to Terran North American Pacific Coast as a False Flag (http://en.m.wikipedi...wiki/False_flag)...

...but a False Flag operation crafted and directed to fall against a Clan rival for ilKhan... a resultantly very disgruntled ilKhan and prospective ilClan.

"What was the quote from that North American Hollywood flicker-reel, The Crucible http://en.m.wikipedi...ki/The_Crucible 'There are wheels within wheels within this village, and fires within fires.'" murmured Tomas, much like his daughter had been want to do.

Well Salem (and Hollywood) has got nothing on Clan internecine, parochial politics in the run up to the next Clan Grand Kurultai!---END MISSIVE---)

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 26 February 2015 - 01:17 PM.

#47 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:50 AM

Just what the IS needs. A dedicated LRM boat pilot to fight off waves of Hellbringers. ;)

#48 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:05 PM

View PostDavers, on 28 February 2015 - 10:50 AM, said:

Just what the IS needs. A dedicated LRM boat pilot to fight off waves of Hellbringers. ;)

My best Community Warfare scores 445 and 443 with near 3k damage each time, came in my Inner Sphere ALT account of Hunchback-4Js and a solitary BattleMaster-1S. That manner of production against House Marik during the Kurita reduction of 18-world Marik-new-Star-League Cluster was indeed decisive in more than a few Sector Battles.

As a matter of fact my ALT account performed a Clan function quite along historical lines: Wolf's Dragoons as well as even early Terra Histories:

Video runtime: 39:51
www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-6x3_gNOBA
Oct 02, 2012 · more at http://scitech.quick...and_search.html "This Documentary shows the story of the Fourteenth Air Force (Flying Tigers…

#49 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 28 February 2015 - 12:28 PM

View PostTime Bandit, on 16 February 2015 - 06:01 PM, said:

Just saying, but malls are kind of outdated.
you youngins and your strip malls...

The star league Forever!

And before you ask why a clanner is saying that I will answer.
The clans are all that remains of the original star leauge

I am from clan wolf which eventually joins the new star league during Operation Bulldog.

Edited by KursedVixen, 28 February 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#50 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:49 PM

<----- This Icon (Kurita for 24hs on 01MAR) happens when you travel abroad to visit Units, make performance-based, contractual bonus clause payments and visit your Alternate Account. Besides... if there is ONE thing that beats FRR Tukayyidian Mead, it is drinking saki while watching the Cherry Blossoms fall in Imperial City Luthien!

View PostKursedVixen, on 28 February 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

you youngins and your strip malls...

The star league Forever!

I am from clan wolf which eventually joins the new star league during Operation Bulldog.

I think I see what you are saying!

The Clans are more "Star League" than ANYTHING in the Inner Sphere.

Marik's new Star League is just the latest #Pretender2theThrone!

#51 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostKursedVixen, on 28 February 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

Not true, some unit elements drifted into the IS factions and Comstar when the exodus took place. Not all the SLDF forces went to the Kerensky Cluster.

Edited by Noesis, 01 March 2015 - 05:54 PM.

#52 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:36 PM

View PostNoesis, on 01 March 2015 - 05:54 PM, said:

Not true, some unit elements drifted into the IS factions and Comstar when the exodus took place. Not all the SLDF forces went to the Kerensky Cluster.

I understand your point, but a good case can be brought that by simply remaining in the Inner Sphere any such SLDF troops abrogated so thoroughly the good order and discipline of SLDF's that #LeftBehinds were one and all just so many Rogues, Deserters and Thieves of SLDF property/Mechs... Quineg?

#53 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 01 March 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

I understand your point, but a good case can be brought that by simply remaining in the Inner Sphere any such SLDF troops abrogated so thoroughly the good order and discipline of SLDF's that #LeftBehinds were one and all just so many Rogues, Deserters and Thieves of SLDF property/Mechs... Quineg?

One can disagree by way simple with Comstar, founded by the last appointed minster of the Star League Council. A same Council that then disolves, leaving him the highest ranking member of the Star League and as such rightfully owns all property of the SLDF. Remember General Kerensky had his titles removed, and on his Exodus asked all SLDF units not joining to continue under that minister.

#54 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:17 PM

Ah yes, and we all know what that lead to.

The best 14 years the Inner Sphere ever saw!

#55 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:47 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 01 March 2015 - 10:17 PM, said:

Ah yes, and we all know what that lead to.

The best 14 years the Inner Sphere ever saw!

3131 to 3145?

Edited by Deadfire, 01 March 2015 - 10:48 PM.

#56 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 04:16 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 01 March 2015 - 09:36 PM, said:

Troops ultimate loyalty is to their state not to any one general of the army. Example: IF the US fires/Retires a 4 Star General and that general decides to leave the US and go live in say Russia.

1. Should any solider that was under his command the day before he was fired/retired go to Russia with him taking their military gear as well, including if they are a tank captain their tank, and if they are a navy commander their Aircraft carrier, subs, or the like.

2. Stay in the US and if they do decide to leave they have to leave the military first and leave their gear behind.

Hint: The only "deserters" are the ones taking their gear and stuff to Russia.

#57 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 06:15 AM

View PostDeadfire, on 01 March 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

One can disagree by way simple with Comstar, founded by the last appointed minster of the Star League Council. A same Council that then disolves, leaving him the highest ranking member of the Star League and as such rightfully owns all property of the SLDF. Remember General Kerensky had his titles removed, and on his Exodus asked all SLDF units not joining to continue under that minister.

Ahhhhhhhhhh, a fellow Lorist...

You do of course have the right of it. Please allow me to elaborated further with a selection from my FASA (yes it is that old) Star League Resource Book:

"THOSE WHO STAYED BEHIND
Though the Star League Defense Forces remained loyal to General Aleksandr Kerensky through frightening times and 115 divisions joined him on his voyage into the unknown, there were some who stayed behind.

In the long years between the execution of Stefan Amaris and the Exodus, recruiters from the five Inner Sphere realms attempted to lure Star League troops into the House militaries. Without their previous sense of purpose, a few soldiers and units of the SLDF were swayed, but the vast major- ity remained loyal to General Kerensky.

The idea of the Exodus, however, cost General Kerensky the loyalty of many more of his troopers. Units that declined to join the journey had enough love for the General to help keep his plans secret even though they would not join him.

When it became clear that most of the SLDF was not coming back, the five House governments looked eagerly at the few units that were left behind. A swarm of recruiters descended on these troops, most of whom were in the Terran Military Region.

With offers of high pay, promotions, and land, the realms of the Inner Sphere each recruited a number of units. The Free Worlds League wooed fewer units than the other realms but did eventually get one of the plums, the remainder of the Third Regimental Combat Team. These Linits, the Sev- enty-first Light Horse Regiment, the 151st Light Horse Regiment, and the Twenty-first Striker Regi- ment, survived to modern times as the elite merce- nary Eridani Light Horse.

Other units, including the Twelfth Heavy As- sault Regiment, the Twenty-fifth Striker Regiment, the Fifteenth Dracon Regiment, and the Fourth Tau Ceti Rangers, also kept their organization and iden- **** to modern times. Most other units eventually broke up or were destroyed in the Succession Wars.

In all, the Draconis Combine recruited nine in- dependent regiments of Star League forces, the Lyran Commonwealth recruited an infantry division and nine regiments, the Federated Suns got ten regiments, the Capellan Confederation got the biggest prize, the 360th BattieMech Division (The Bannockburn Division), and seven regiments, the Free Worlds League recruited the Eridani Light Horse plus two other regiments, and one regiment joined the Periphery.

In many cases, these units formed the back- bone of key fronts in the Succession Wars, and often their weapons, training, and organization became models for House units.

-From The Rise and Fall of the Star League, by D.H. Rand, Tharkad Press, 2989"

Continued Honorable and Loyal service to General Kerensky was indeed performed by many of the SLDF who remained behind. While had worded my above comment to insinuate that "a good case could be built" rather than pen anything that takes greater ownership if the sentiment, I acknowledge that I had let slip my remembrance of the actual lore.

Thank you for the correction.

View PostAlexander Steel, on 02 March 2015 - 04:16 AM, said:

Troops ultimate loyalty is to their state not to any one general of the army. Example: IF the US fires/Retires a 4 Star General and that general decides to leave the US and go live in say Russia.

1. Should any solider that was under his command the day before he was fired/retired go to Russia with him taking their military gear as well, including if they are a tank captain their tank, and if they are a navy commander their Aircraft carrier, subs, or the like.

2. Stay in the US and if they do decide to leave they have to leave the military first and leave their gear behind.

Hint: The only &quot;deserters&quot; are the ones taking their gear and stuff to Russia.

When the "State" degrades to the point the Star League had in 2758 (I believe) personal localities to "right minded Patriot Generals" is the only RIGHT and PROPER course of action for SLDF officers and troops alike.

Please consider a favorite AMERICAN quote of mine:
www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasjeff109180.html
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - a Thomas Jefferson quote

Those are indeed more than just pretty words.

Also please review a US Army Officer's Commissioning Oath: http://www.army.mil/...s/officers.html

It is NOT the "State" that an US Officer or his Troops affirms his/her loyalty to... it is the "Constitution of the United States" and there is a potential world of difference between a foundational/organizing Principle Document and whatever the personalities involved in State machinations have made of the resultant: "State"

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 02 March 2015 - 06:17 AM.

#58 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:26 AM

Couple of things.

Kerensky was stripped of his rank around 2780.

The Star League didn't end until 2781 with a failure of the 5 house lords to decide on a new First Lord. ((This was wrong, the council of lords ended in 2781, the star league itself continued to function until Kerensky effectively gutted it with his exodus.))

Kerensky didn't leave until 2784. He hadn't been a military commander for 4 years at that point.

The First Succession War would start 2 years later.

Despite supposed being loyal to the documents what formed up in the clans doesn't match those documents at all.

When the "State" degrades to the point the Star League had in 2758 (I believe) personal localities to "right minded Patriot Generals" is the only RIGHT and PROPER course of action for SLDF officers and troops alike.

Cult of Personality is a poor system of government.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 02 March 2015 - 07:30 AM.

#59 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:33 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 02 March 2015 - 07:26 AM, said:

Couple of things.

Kerensky was stripped of his rank around 2780....(snip)...Cult of Personality is a poor system of government.

One could argue that "Cult of Personality" was the foundation of ALL current and historic governance structures.

(i.e. George Washington, Lenin/Stalin, the "Continental System" and Napoleon, etc.)

In fiction - Why should FASA's Clans be any different?

Edited by Prussian Havoc, 02 March 2015 - 07:34 AM.

#60 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:41 AM

View PostPrussian Havoc, on 02 March 2015 - 07:33 AM, said:

One could argue that &quot;Cult of Personality&quot; was the foundation of ALL current and historic governance structures.

(i.e. George Washington, Lenin/Stalin, the &quot;Continental System&quot; and Napoleon, etc.)

In fiction - Why should FASA's Clans be any different?

You could argue, I would disagree. While the US had powerful figures during the Revolutionary War, it wasn't 1 person who the people followed and did whatever that person said no matter what. Heck the fights in side of the Const Congress proved that.

Kerensky had no form of govt planned, no real plan beyond, "Hey all let's just keep jumping that way until we find something neat!", and his followers were like.. yeah.. yeah that sounds like a perfect plan, what could POSSIBLY go wrong. Derp.

Speaking of George Washington out of 138 possible Electoral Votes in the first election he only got 69. Enough to win, but John Adams was next with 34.

Edited by Alexander Steel, 02 March 2015 - 07:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users