Aaaand They Are Gone.

33 replies to this topic

#21 Koshirou

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 827 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:05 AM

Oh no! Now the only way Marik can save the Inner Sphere from the Clans is by grabbing Steiner and Davion worlds. Well, continuing to grab Steiner and Davion worlds. Remember: When 10 yellow worlds turn red in a week, it's an invasion and treason to the Inner Sphere. When 10 yellow worlds turn purple in a week, it's a "soft ceasefire".

#22 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:30 AM

Nah. Just that Marik and Davion are allies. If it's more advantageous for an ally to have a world, you let them have it. Because the overall goal of, say, fighting the Clans, is more important.

I mean, we could pretty much ignore everything else in a spastic attempt to take back worlds that don't make a difference otherwise, but that would be a foolish waste of time, energy and resources.

Who would do something as stupid as that? Then it would look like we don't actually care about all the objectives we otherwise vociferously claim are important.

#23 Chef Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 908 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:38 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 February 2015 - 12:30 AM, said:

Nah. Just that Marik and Davion are allies. If it's more advantageous for an ally to have a world, you let them have it. Because the overall goal of, say, fighting the Clans, is more important.

I mean, we could pretty much ignore everything else in a spastic attempt to take back worlds that don't make a difference otherwise, but that would be a foolish waste of time, energy and resources.

Who would do something as stupid as that? Then it would look like we don't actually care about all the objectives we otherwise vociferously claim are important.

Kurita tried loaning worlds to Marik once. I think you'll find yourself in for a rude awakening if you ask for them back.

#24 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:40 AM

Wow... I don't think even Davion could out do you guys for speed and force while patting yourself on the back. Must be part of that Chi Gung training. Even roadbeer in all his glory couldn't keep up.

I have a concern because I don't want you to tear a rotator cuff doing that too long Now you can fight the clans again with all these high skill players and win back all your lost territory. We don't want a bum shoulder to be a reason why you lose more planets if you can't use your mouse well enough. I have played one handed. It does crimp your play some.

Stay limber and classy you lovely Toranagas, you.

#25 MrMarkusCZ

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPrague

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:27 AM

Especially for Phoenix Legion, we at 313th Czechoslovak Mech Company really enjoyed fights with your unit! Great fights with taste of Group Queue. We do not play CW too much but if we will have such fights more often CW will be more attractive for our members. Mariks are our natural home (btw official Marik language by Sarna is English with Czech and Slovak language also common). For now our border doesn't exists but I hope we will be aple fight again in future.

#26 Ben Delat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSiegerland

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:54 AM

@MrMarkusz
First, thank you, sir, for the compliment.
I was in a Match against u guys.
U Won, our last match on Rosamond, if i recall it correctly.

You dropped against our Shadowwalker Company, and u blindsided us with our own Tactic, and a very effective use of Arty/Air Strikes and very good use of ur Light units.
I was impressed.

Our DC took the Loss on his shoulders, but as i told him yesterday: Sometimes there are Matches, where ur opponent is simply better.
This was the Case in this particularly Match.

However, we Shadowwalkers wher not complete, some of our best Warriors were missin (somewhere drinking hard and missin those great matches^^) so i definetly look forward against further Matches against u guys.

Although, i am glad, that Marik has no direct Access to kurita, atm.
that way we can leave with a clean Conscience, once our contract ends.
We´ll see where we end up next. (definetely not Clans)

#27 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:15 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 February 2015 - 12:30 AM, said:

Considering that world's do *nothing* at this point in CW, you've just described every single world.

#28 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 20 February 2015 - 09:15 AM, said:

Considering that world's do *nothing* at this point in CW, you've just described every single world.

Sorta. Worlds at the moment are about positioning. Having marik in a further north position is relevant.

I have absolute faith that Marik would give the worlds back if we had the collective time, energy and need.

Then again we would have a respectful conversation about it on TS, share our respective opinions and work out a consensus. It wouldn't just be 'We want this right now. We don't have to explain anything to you'.

Because, well, we're allies and that alliance is built on mutual respect and good sportsmanship. In fact I greatly look forward to the day when the Clans are shoved back to their start locations, borders are secure and we can go back to slugging it out with Marik. They're great fun to play with and against.

They also understand that 'ally' is a two-way concept. Nobody dictates anything to anyone else; you work together for a common goal and there's going to be some give and take and even that doesn't have to be perfectly measured on a scale. If anyone at Davion started acting like a jackass to Marik you'd see Davion leadership step in because nobody at Marik deserves to be treated like that by anyone at Davion.

Why?

Allies. Buddies. Maybe even a little bro-love. Don't judge. Here in a bit we're going to discuss bacon smoking recipes and make our own gang signs.

YOU ARE NOT INVITED.

#29 PerfectDuck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 328 posts
  • LocationLenexa, KS

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:45 AM

Honestly, I feel safer with Kurita worlds between the clans and terra than I ever did with that Marik pocket that was lingering there. My fear was the clans would find the purple planets and just feast on them outright, abandoning the Kurita front and just chewing into the purple planets like maggots that just found the fat. And then Terra would be lost extra-fast because Marik doesn't ever play against the clans.

When a Kuritan unit drops 8 times in a row against the clans, that's regular day-to-day business, but heaven help the whole Inner Sphere when Marik decides to take time out of their busy schedule of taking Davion and Steiner worlds and drop on defense of a clan border. When they do that, it's time for everyone to drop to their knees and grovel at the gracious gesture. For if you don't coddle and sugarcoat and thank the everloving hell out of Marik, they get whiny and sad and feel oh so underappreciated, and then they are justified in declaring IS-vs-IS war. You don't want that happening, so keep licking their you-know-where and keep them happy.

Though, for now, if anyone wants to do any "Marik Appreciation" you may have to wait in line for a while because their lap is currently occupied with Davion faces.

Edited by PerfectDuck, 20 February 2015 - 11:48 AM.

#30 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:48 AM

View PostTasker, on 19 February 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

I will miss free c-bills.

You can still attack the Purple Nurple, right? If not, this is a sad day indeed.

#31 hopterque

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

View PostHARDKOR, on 20 February 2015 - 11:48 AM, said:

You can still attack the Purple Nurple, right? If not, this is a sad day indeed.

Nah we gave no quarter and took everything that belonged to us in the first place back.

Maybe they'll find some extremely diplomatic reason for davion to give up all their worlds around terra for an attack corridor to our territory, but other than that, welp.

#32 HARDKOR

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:51 AM

And another great era has passed under the bridge :/

#33 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:51 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 20 February 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

Sorta. Worlds at the moment are about positioning. Having marik in a further north position is relevant.

I have absolute faith that Marik would give the worlds back if we had the collective time, energy and need.

Then again we would have a respectful conversation about it on TS, share our respective opinions and work out a consensus. It wouldn't just be 'We want this right now. We don't have to explain anything to you'.

Because, well, we're allies and that alliance is built on mutual respect and good sportsmanship. In fact I greatly look forward to the day when the Clans are shoved back to their start locations, borders are secure and we can go back to slugging it out with Marik. They're great fun to play with and against.

They also understand that 'ally' is a two-way concept. Nobody dictates anything to anyone else; you work together for a common goal and there's going to be some give and take and even that doesn't have to be perfectly measured on a scale. If anyone at Davion started acting like a jackass to Marik you'd see Davion leadership step in because nobody at Marik deserves to be treated like that by anyone at Davion.

Why?

Allies. Buddies. Maybe even a little bro-love. Don't judge. Here in a bit we're going to discuss bacon smoking recipes and make our own gang signs.

YOU ARE NOT INVITED.

So when you loan a torque wrench to a friend, do you expect to have to negotiate its return?

You say the planets mean nothing, yet cite us taking your planets as a reason why you are pissed at us? Also, planets aren't meaningless when they give mercs the opportunity to attack and expand the territory further.

#34 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 12:06 PM

If it's all about getting to the Clan front, have Marik head due north through Steiner Space. The fact that the CW Attack program bobs and weaves around worse than a drunken sailor makes the idea of "just let us take worlds so we can go north" a silly one at best when you are talking about making a trek across the entire map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users