Common Defense For Luthien?

21 replies to this topic

#1 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:32 PM

Serious question for Combine loyalists: do you *want* help, or do you want to keep the glorious defense (or loss) of your homeworld an internal affair?

#2 Lord Ikka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:37 PM

It would probably be better to have this thread in the HE forums, but as far as I myself am concerned any help is good. The more organized a group is the better, get on comms and kick the clanners out!

#3 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:43 PM

There is already a thread there, people who don't normally 'care' about HK may not be aware Luthien is under threat

#4 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:51 PM

I made a topic about this before I noticed this OP had.

#5 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:09 AM

If it is organized groups then yes, however with the quick losses I suspect PUGs are defending for the most part. Only CSJ truly knows for sure.

#6 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:56 AM

Sorry i cant. My brother's hamster died.

#7 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:42 AM

View PostMycrus, on 22 February 2015 - 12:56 AM, said:

Sorry i cant. My brother's hamster died.

LOL you couldn't resist getting in on the fight for a capitol could you?

That 12 man beat our pug drop we were in, but it took them a long time to do it.

The Inner Sphere WINS the FIRST battle for a Capitol world!

#8 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:45 AM

I just watched a Davion clanner drop on Luthien for Smoke Jaguar. I wish I hadn't been asleep when this happened

#9 stratagos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 457 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:49 AM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 22 February 2015 - 05:45 AM, said:

I just watched a Davion clanner drop on Luthien for Smoke Jaguar. I wish I hadn't been asleep when this happened

You, uh, watched something in your sleep? I'm... happy for you?

#10 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:51 AM

it was recorded on twitch. And it was a riot

#11 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 06:09 AM

It's ok you didn't realize what I was talking about, we're living in a strange, indulgent videogame future

#12 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:00 AM

View PostAbivard, on 22 February 2015 - 05:42 AM, said:

LOL you couldn't resist getting in on the fight for a capitol could you?

That 12 man beat our pug drop we were in, but it took them a long time to do it.

The Inner Sphere WINS the FIRST battle for a Capitol world!

hehehe, yeah... the only way I rationalized it was to bring out basic mechs... and an orion..

but hey we gave them hell and had a good pay day :)

#13 Scoops Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 716 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:11 AM

View Poststratagos, on 22 February 2015 - 05:49 AM, said:

You, uh, watched something in your sleep? I'm... happy for you?

http://www.twitch.tv...gmc/b/628205356

Davion HC logged onto Smoke Jaguar alts to help attack Luthien and streamed it. Nice to know these are the people representing the Star League and protecting us all from the clans.

#14 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 22 February 2015 - 07:16 AM

its unfortunate especially considered we offered a ceasefire to them and in good faith focused the clans hard while ignoring the few attacks on us. had the attack world on csj at 100% and had brought our defense world which was at 100% down into the 70s before they informed us of their decision to not go through with it and then attack us. get yelled at and yelled at to attack clans for weeks (despite doing exactly that) and then when we offer to ignore attacking davion, they decline and then drop forces which pull our guys from the clan border to deal with it. i honestly dont know if the star league really wishes to actually stop the clans anymore based off of recent actions. oh well

#15 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:12 AM

Ha ha ha ha.

#16 Shahadet

• PipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 98 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 22 February 2015 - 08:58 AM

View PostScoops Kerensky, on 22 February 2015 - 07:11 AM, said:

http://www.twitch.tv...gmc/b/628205356

Davion HC logged onto Smoke Jaguar alts to help attack Luthien and streamed it. Nice to know these are the people representing the Star League and protecting us all from the clans.

Wow.... just.... wow.

And this isn't some random schmuck either - RJBass3 posts alot on these forums and most of the time its pure Davion QQ garbage like what he types in the chat box. So for him to log into an alt account as a Jag and attack an IS capital world to ASSIST the clans.....

Then people wonder why the DCMS High Council has such unianimous support from the rank & file such as myself and the members of my unit - we all have witnessed the douche-baggery of Davion players first hand and know that kicking their teeth in is the ONLY way to have any hope of having a REAL defense against the clans with the legit factions (FRR/Steiner/Liao).

I would have added Marik in there, but with recent actions, there is no way as an outsider to really know just how far the rot of people like illithi Dragon and Roadbeer goes in the Marik High Command. Right now it seems like they want to help Davion in distracting the Northern IS houses from defending against the Clans...

And we knew the New Star League idea would be a joke, based on Marik's inability to reign in MercStar and their not-so-secret Clan ambitions. I don't blame the Marik HC for that - anyone who has talked to guys like Stingr4y and GrizzlyViking know these guys are super cool, honorable and totally legit in their dealings with other factions. The fault lies with PGI and their contract system. PGI really needs a way to let the Loyalist House forces reject contracts from merc units, so these merc dbags can't go merrily bouncing about the map just to cause mischief(sc) and mayhem for their own epeen sh*ts and giggles.

Point remains though - Davions are scumbags, and there is really no way House Kurita should EVER trust Davion long term. It is in their nature (as shown by this twitch stream) to be a bunch of thin-skinned, whiny, back stabbing weasels that will take ANY opportunity to try and screw with the noble house of the Dragon. Extremely short term/limited duration cease fires is all we can ever hope for.

#17 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

Which was kinda the point of our trial ceasefire, to try to build some trust for the future, apparently davion wanted to burn it all to ashes. I really hope we can work something out or the clans will have an uncontested corridor to terra

#18 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:09 AM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 22 February 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

I really hope we can work something out

I don't. Ha ha.

#19 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 09:15 AM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 22 February 2015 - 09:03 AM, said:

Which was kinda the point of our trial ceasefire, to try to build some trust for the future, apparently davion wanted to burn it all to ashes. I really hope we can work something out or the clans will have an uncontested corridor to terra

i really like stomping davions, a lot. It's not really a distraction for me, it's why i play the game. The clans have never done anything to me, but davions have

#20 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:19 PM

I don't get what the big deal is.. if my clan alt wasn't tied to jade falcon i would have been queuing vs luthien instead of defending it.

It's a bloody war game... the more people queue for a specific world the more fights we get..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users