Lrm

16 replies to this topic

#1 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:06 AM

i try to play this game tactically and what do i get yes a barrage of missiles in my face

70% of the mechs i play against are lrm boats or light srm spammer

are they gonna fix this or will the game become a spamming missile fest?... well it allready is

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 23 February 2015 - 06:08 AM.

#2 z00med

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:21 AM

Radar Deprivation, AMS, ECM-cover, physical cover?
Besides the fact that I have no idea in which ELO Region you're in its always nice to see that somethings never change. After a years break there are still complaints about LRMs - although LRMs are as far away from any meta as possible.

Maybe the ongoing challenge is a slight problem, heard several people complaining that the 1kill+1win requirement increases LRM Boating... although I can hardly see a reason why it should :ph34r: .

#3 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:21 AM

Well, good news first:

LRMs are a crap weapon and as you get better, you see less of them. They are easy to hard-counter.

You will see more SRM but they are a close quarter combat weapon.

Bad news:
During events everyone LRM thinking it will get them easy kills and keep them safe from the fight.
New players think this as well.

So for the meantime, you just gotta cope until you get away from the bads, or you play Team drop or CW.

#4 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:29 AM

View PostInspectorG, on 23 February 2015 - 06:21 AM, said:

Well, good news first:

LRMs are a crap weapon and as you get better, you see less of them. They are easy to hard-counter.

You will see more SRM but they are a close quarter combat weapon.

Bad news:
During events everyone LRM thinking it will get them easy kills and keep them safe from the fight.
New players think this as well.

So for the meantime, you just gotta cope until you get away from the bads, or you play Team drop or CW.

as i get better... this game doesnt use elo.... the player base is to small for it

i think this are good stats ... but thats just me
Posted Image

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 23 February 2015 - 06:31 AM.

#5 z00med

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:36 AM

Way better than mine :D . Somehow they dont look like you get killed a lot by LRM spam...
Maybe you just were unlucky in your last matches :ph34r: .

#6 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:38 AM

View Postz00med, on 23 February 2015 - 06:36 AM, said:

Way better than mine :D . Somehow they dont look like you get killed a lot by LRM spam...
Maybe you just were unlucky in your last matches :ph34r: .

no i just get ****** up by lrms ... and then the others finnish me off

#7 Nayonac

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 81 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKorriban

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:44 AM

When the rain comes make sure your under the bridge with the other trolls! Simple's

#8 XXXBunnyXXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 203 posts
  • LocationFar Far Away

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:48 AM

View PostNayonac, on 23 February 2015 - 06:44 AM, said:

When the rain comes make sure your under the bridge with the other trolls! Simple's

"Caustic Valley" get spoted get ripped apart

Edited by XXXBunnyXXX, 23 February 2015 - 06:48 AM.

#9 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:52 AM

View PostXXXBunnyXXX, on 23 February 2015 - 06:29 AM, said:

as i get better... this game doesnt use elo.... the player base is to small for it

Posted Image

Well, its not about 'your' stats, its the rest of the team.

Plus, we had an Event and that brings out the LuRMers.

All you can do is Radar Dep, stay near cover, look for that spotter behind your team, and carry harder.

#10 Nayonac

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 81 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKorriban

Posted 23 February 2015 - 06:53 AM

Bring ECM be all you can be ! (find a friend who has ECM) if you don't have a bridge on the map bring your own

#11 z00med

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:07 AM

Just played two matches and... wow, ok, alot of LRMs. From what I could see there was a lot of Trial Timberwolves - they feature LRMs, no? Anyways, time to dust of my Jester, add 2 AMS, a XL340 and go hunting...

edit: now I'm kinda glad that I didnt have much time over the weekend...^^

Edited by z00med, 23 February 2015 - 07:08 AM.

#12 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 23 February 2015 - 07:25 AM

LRM everywhere as normal especially with event. Not a big deal and unless direct firing damage gets so splashed all over a few missiles aren't to big a deal.

How I learned to deal with it don't rush out and stay hidden. Alot easier to deal with and personally don't even notice them anymore. Just a starting phase of the fight now Most people don't bring alot of reloads so most LRM launchers don't last to long. I try to throw on a LRM 10 and use it at start of battle to hold back tendancies to rush out.

LRM as weapon systems with 1 side vs other simply a way the game is going to be phase one of long range fire. Thought would be nice to see range dropped on them a touch but in order to counter the insane long ranges of Lasers, PPC, Cannons needed a bit of indirect fire.

#13 Enigmos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 23 February 2015 - 11:10 AM

People bring LRMs for the same reason you don't bring a knife to a gunfight: it is safer to kill them way over there than right here.

What they will find is that many new pilots aren't much into the whole 'lock targets' ritual. Falling behind the scrimmage line will isolate the missileer and serve up a juicy for the light pilots. It is a self-correcting phenomenon.

It takes considerably more skill to successfully run LRMs the more skilled the opposition becomes. To gain anincrease in your opponents skill win more matches than you lose, whatever your K/D might say.

I have so many matches it is like moving heaven and earth to change my ELO, so I'm fairly stuck now..

#14 Kahadras

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:19 AM

LRM's can be annoying from time to time especialy if you are caught out in the open by serveral LRM boats. The good thing is that there are plenty of counters to LRM's. The easiest way is to find out where the missiles are comming from and get into cover. he instant my missle warning goes off I'm looking around to try to get a visual on the missiles then making a bee-line for the nearest good cover. I can easily tank a few missle hits but I don't want to let them add up. Knowing where the missls came from I can then try to stay out of line of sight/line of fire.

Getting the enemy to lose their lock is alo a good way to go. Radar Deprivation is expencive but well worth it. Taking ECM (if your mech is capable) or sticking near a mech with ECM is a good idea. Keeping an eye out for ligth mechs with NARC/Tag that might be spotting or enemy UAV's is pretty important.

Most mechs have access to AMS and if you are facing a lot of LRMs all the tim then it is a worthwhile investment IMHO. AMS works best in conjunction with other AMS systems so keep an eye out for other mechs on your team with an AMS or two and stick close to them. It won't totaly save your ass from an LRM swarm but it'll reduce the damage while you get into cover.

Last thing to remember is that IS LRM's need time to arm. Therefore if you can get these mechs by the belt buckle you are laughing. There's nothing better than watching a hail of inactive missiles bouncing off your mech as you close in for the kill.

:)

At the end of the day you have to accept that LRM's are part of the game along with Clan laser vomit, dual gauss Jagermechs etc etc.

#15 Tilley

• PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationTN

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

Make a dual ERLL Raven 3L or if you can handle the pressure a dual PPC Raven 3L and go snipe those LRM boats...it will bring you pleasure.

#16 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:47 PM

Posted Image

wrong this game dose use elo but it dosenot work as well do to the small player base but it is there

#17 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:02 AM

this game doesnt use elo.... the player base is to small for it

wrong

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users