Old Members Help Me With The Name Of This Comic(You Need To Be Old).

4 replies to this topic

#1 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:54 PM

So, I remember reading this as a child. I'm from Sweden but this was clearly a US comic. My best guess it's from the 50's or 60's, when I read it it was around 1980.

I borrowed it from the library and it was some kind of collection with other series as well but the main one was on the front side.

The main antagonist is a pilot and flies and an aircraft that looks like a Lockheed, it's depicted on the front. It has twin engines and a cargo door in the back like a C130 but the fuselage is split in two after the engines like a P38 Lightning. The aircraft is depicted as taking off chased by a Tyrannosaurus Rex.

The story is about how he is contracted to fly a baroness who is a big game huntress to an island. Once there it turns out to be a lost world. Unrealistically they managed to stow a tank onboard too.

The art is similar to Buck Danny, if someone remebers that old comic.

Edited by Catra Lanis, 23 February 2015 - 01:55 PM.

#2 9erRed

• Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:39 AM

Greetings,

Don't know the comic, but the plane sounds like the Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar
info here:
http://en.wikipedia....9_Flying_Boxcar

That plane was used during the US's participation in some South East Asian events, as well as Korea, and there were a few 'tank' looking vehicles transported. 'Ontos' tankette, was a common element transported with this plane. (equipped with 6 recoilless rifles) This plane could also transport the light tank M22 Locus.

Again, can't help with the comic title, but that's the plane.

9erRed

#3 Jody Von Jedi

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 February 2015 - 10:58 AM

C-119 would be my guess too on the plane. It's very distinct.

I'll search this afternoon when I get time.

#4 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 25 February 2015 - 02:16 AM

The comic looking like Buck Danny (high accurate detail on planes and such right?), makes me think of 'Tangy et Laverdure', but I don't believe that comic ever went into the fantadtical with dinosaurs etc. Regardless it could very well be a Belgian comic writer, they've had a very distinct style for their comics.

#5 Catra Lanis

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

View PostSnagaDance, on 25 February 2015 - 02:16 AM, said:

The comic looking like Buck Danny (high accurate detail on planes and such right?), makes me think of 'Tangy et Laverdure', but I don't believe that comic ever went into the fantadtical with dinosaurs etc. Regardless it could very well be a Belgian comic writer, they've had a very distinct style for their comics.

Thanks everyone. Yes the planes are highly accurate. I finally found out that the name is Johnny Hazard. As 9erRed and Jody Von Jedi pointed out it is most likely a flying boxcar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users