39 replies to this topic

#21 AdamBaines

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:04 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 25 February 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

We're getting a Hatchetman. That's what this means, you guys. HATCHETMAN.

Now that would be soooooooo cool.

#22 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:17 AM

Interesting , the event will probably be the run of the mill. attack this planet with both clans an IS zerging the planet. I think if they are going to have events , make it so that factions have to complete certain objectives like capturing X amount of planets or capturing high profile planets to unlock that event . This will help clans work together and IS work together rather then against each other and make it more community driven, maybe for example if more then 75 percent of smoke jag planets get cap by an IS faction operation bulldog starts and fights break out in clan home planets, or if the clans cap Steiner , DC and FRR capitals the the battle of terra is unlocked, or the war of refusal starts if clan wolf caps JF capital or JF caps wolf capital

But then again maybe this event is just a stress test

Edited by Grimwill, 25 February 2015 - 10:41 AM.

#23 Tundra Wolf

• PipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 24 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:03 AM

Just a guess what I think will happen.

Special Event: Battle of Tukayyid (May 1, 3052 and ended May 20, 3052)
Saturday, May 1, 2015 to Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Map Reset to year 3052, Post Tukayyid. Free Rasalhague Republic capital relocated to the world of Orestes.

Not sure how Clans Steel Viper, Nova Cat and Diamond Shark will play out in the Clan Occupation Zones and what worlds will be their Inner Sphere Capital worlds.

Clan Diamond Shark (if playable): Nyserta
Clan Nova Cat: Tarnby
Clan Steel Viper: Waldorff

#24 LastKhan

Defender of Star League

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,346 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIn Dropship DogeCafe

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:23 AM

View PostTundra Wolf, on 25 February 2015 - 11:03 AM, said:

Just a guess what I think will happen.

Special Event: Battle of Tukayyid (May 1, 3052 and ended May 20, 3052)
Saturday, May 1, 2015 to Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Map Reset to year 3052, Post Tukayyid. Free Rasalhague Republic capital relocated to the world of Orestes.

Not sure how Clans Steel Viper, Nova Cat and Diamond Shark will play out in the Clan Occupation Zones and what worlds will be their Inner Sphere Capital worlds.

Clan Diamond Shark (if playable): Nyserta
Clan Nova Cat: Tarnby
Clan Steel Viper: Waldorff

Dont think they'll be hopping the timeline since its still beta. Might reset the entire CW if anything. I think the best way to implement the other clans is haveing them share territory zones like CNC / CSJ for example. Dont think the population of this game is capable of handling a flood of factions.

#25 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:48 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 25 February 2015 - 10:17 AM, said:

Interesting , the event will probably be the run of the mill. attack this planet with both clans an IS zerging the planet. I think if they are going to have events , make it so that factions have to complete certain objectives like capturing X amount of planets or capturing high profile planets to unlock that event . This will help clans work together and IS work together rather then against each other and make it more community driven, maybe for example if more then 75 percent of smoke jag planets get cap by an IS faction operation bulldog starts and fights break out in clan home planets, or if the clans cap Steiner , DC and FRR capitals the the battle of terra is unlocked, or the war of refusal starts if clan wolf caps JF capital or JF caps wolf capital

But then again maybe this event is just a stress test

I really like your idea of cooperative gameplay for both Inner Sphere to build inter-Factional Inner Sphere coherence; and then separately for Clans to bolster their own inter-Factional Clan coherence.

With this being "Community" Warfare, it would be right and proper that occasionally there be run Challenges (weekend prize rests) AND Events (the prospective Battle of Tukayyid) designed specifically to pull gamers together across very broad lines (Clan vs Inner Sphere in this upcoming Battle of Luthien for example.)

This would allow us to INVEST in our gamers and their current communities, hopefully breaking down (over time) some of the parochial feelings out there.

This would all be to the good for MWO viability and longevity - happy, cooperative gamers tend to create gaming experiences that are conducive in three ways:

1). To new gamer recruitment.
2). To long-time gamer retention.
3). To Grey-Beard-Founder return.

Yes, if properly publicized such a Communal Festival of Gaming could do a world of wonders for the health of our BattleTech/MWO Communities.

View PostLastKhan, on 25 February 2015 - 11:23 AM, said:

Dont think they'll be hopping the timeline since its still beta. Might reset the entire CW if anything. I think the best way to implement the other clans is haveing them share territory zones like CNC / CSJ for example. Dont think the population of this game is capable of handling a flood of factions.

While I agree with you (no 3052 reset, no New Clans) I would like to see PGI feel confident enough to be ambitious with the BETA testing of things like:

- Add TWO new factions, one Inner Sphere - ComGuard and one Clan - Star Adder. (It would be good to "proof the route" on new factions now in Beta to work out kinks before CW Launch.

- Really work up the pre-Event publicity for the upcoming Battle of Tukayyid - it will be Epic, I hope PGI works it hard to generate both new gamers as well as a return of gamers who might have left a year ago --- that old jingle from Buick Commercials comes to mind,

"Is isn't you fathers's MWO!"

#26 Duvanor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:32 AM

Hm, I get why you say ComGuards, but why Star Adders? A single home clan sounds pretty boring. One or two of the major periphery powers would be more useful.

Edited by Duvanor, 26 February 2015 - 03:00 AM.

#27 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:40 AM

View PostDuvanor, on 26 February 2015 - 02:32 AM, said:

Hm, I get why you say ComGuards, but why Star Adders? A single home clan sounds pretty boring. One or two of the major periphery powers would be more useful.

I guess we do not need more factions against us :P

I would rather have active Clans in MWO getting their own faction; notable example, Clan Nova Cat. They could share their territory with the Jags so that population is not an issue.

#28 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:19 AM

I don't think they will add any more factions because of the current population can't even support the factions that we have now let alone new factions. If they did create new factions it would steel viper or nova cat, diamond shark fought only one battle (tukkayid) and Comstar likewise wasn't that active. So I don't think those would be good choices , as much as people and myself love the Sharks , I doubt they will be in CW. I would like to see a pirate faction for IS though

#29 Jonathan Paine

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,197 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:46 PM

Thieving backstabbing blackguards! There will be hell to pay for this PGI!!!

#30 Prussian Havoc

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 1,066 posts
  • LocationShenandoah, PA

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

View PostDuvanor, on 26 February 2015 - 02:32 AM, said:

I chose ComGuard because I think there would be a robust flood of candidates to actually join a ComStar Faction.

I chose Star Adder, because Clan Smoke Jaguar already has there high profile Units ready, willing and able to fully enable and empower a Clan Star Adder IN MY OPINION. (I want to go over that one more time - - - it is my opinion alone that this would be a

PLEASE REMEMBER that at some point THIS WHOLE BETA is for the express purpose of testing, stressing and assisting in the development of CW in order to ensure a FLAWLESS LAUNCH... at some point in the future.

I agree that the player base is not where we ALL would prefer. BUT when the time comes for PGI to take a risk and try something new (like introduction of ComGuards and A new Clan I WANT PGI TO HAVE PROOFED THE ROUTE to features like "New Factions" here in BETA first, so as to ensure any prospective introduction of such a feature post-Launch will go better (hopefully MUCH better) than if PGI didn't attempt this and other "Proofs of Concept."

Monetization is a facet of new Faction introduction as all manner of colors, patterns and Mechs can be worked into the Faction's introduction.

#31 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 27 February 2015 - 05:54 AM

View PostRedEagle86, on 25 February 2015 - 08:39 AM, said:

If they are going to have a huge ass Battle for Tukayyid, I predict I will be sick that day & unfortunately will not be able to attend work.

and possibly the day after :ph34r:

#32 Noesis

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 27 February 2015 - 06:17 AM

View PostJaroth Corbett, on 27 February 2015 - 05:54 AM, said:

If they are going to have a huge ass Battle for Tukayyid, I predict I will be sick that day & unfortunately will not be able to attend work.

and possibly the day after :ph34r:

And don't forget to order the energy drinks, saline drip and adult diapers in preperation also. ;)

#33 ZeusAlbatros

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 23 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 01 March 2015 - 05:05 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 25 February 2015 - 08:18 AM, said:

in the meeting before the last or was it another stuff? Anyways Russ said they try to release it on steam before summersale, But not necessarily. So its a wanted goal, not a given one. probably depends on how good stuff (CW work and balance + new tutorials) advances until then.

So not before 2018

#34 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:15 AM

MWO on steam lol , giving the new user experience of getting RoFLstomp by premade 12 mans I'm sure all the steamers are going to QQ with "this game is unbalanced , teamwork is OP, I'm going back to playing crusader kings!"

#35 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:03 PM

The Battle of Tukayidd should be like this:

Who knows what might be next after this? Maybe a Refusal War event?

Edited by Will9761, 02 March 2015 - 11:04 PM.

#36 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:29 AM

View PostWill9761, on 02 March 2015 - 11:03 PM, said:

The Battle of Tukayidd should be like this:
Who knows what might be next after this? Maybe a Refusal War event?

Maybe just a little bit faster :P

#37 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 05:17 PM

Not to rez an old forum post

But Russ on townhall meeting just confirm that the battle of Tukayyid is coming !

Top units will be named, cockpit items, unique title, and will support 1600 players in queue sometime after the april 21st patch (a couple of weeks or so after)

Edited by Grimwill, 16 April 2015 - 05:17 PM.

#38 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:22 AM

View PostGrimwill, on 16 April 2015 - 05:17 PM, said:

Not to rez an old forum post

But Russ on townhall meeting just confirm that the battle of Tukayyid is coming !

Top units will be named, cockpit items, unique title, and will support 1600 players in queue sometime after the april 21st patch (a couple of weeks or so after)

Posted Image

#39 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 April 2015 - 12:27 AM

View PostBenjamin Davion, on 24 February 2015 - 06:35 PM, said:

Bet they're planning an event.

Looks like you picked it, like a nose. :D

Good call.

#40 reign

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:05 PM

Well, We will soon have a large enough data set to show if the 4N makes or breaks the IS. That is for sure.

Edited by reign, 22 April 2015 - 12:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users