80 replies to this topic

#21 AlmightyAeng

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 12:31 PM

View PostLugin, on 25 February 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

The FRR managed to take Galuzzo from Wolf in the NA window last night. For some reason, it became open for attack immediately in the following Oceanic cycle, flipping it back to Wolf by the end.

Oh wait, here's the reason: https://twitter.com/...466221688291328

Well, that's a goddamn shame. Spent 2 nights winning on that damned planet...

#22 Molossian Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

Take note.

If you want to get pampered, use twitter.

#23 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:09 PM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 25 February 2015 - 01:59 PM, said:

Take note.

If you want to get pampered, use twitter.

You seem to have to be a member of MS as well, or at least start your tweet with the letters MS ;p

#24 Mangonel TwoSix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 238 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:51 AM

View PostMandrakerootes, on 25 February 2015 - 04:21 AM, said:

Russ said something about an event around Tukkayid. One were all clans can attack and all IS need to dfend and the planet has like over a hundred tiles. Something probably converging with a reset of the map. So is there a reset to be expected soon?

That does not sound like fun at all. Other than having many more tiles sounds like what we have going on now... Flooded queues do not make for a fun game.

View PostLugin, on 25 February 2015 - 10:52 AM, said:

The FRR managed to take Galuzzo from Wolf in the NA window last night. For some reason, it became open for attack immediately in the following Oceanic cycle, flipping it back to Wolf by the end.

Oh wait, here's the reason: https://twitter.com/...466221688291328

Wow. I do not know what to say to that. Looks like PGI intends for the FRR to get wiped out....

#25 Strykewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 394 posts
  • LocationRogue River, Oregon

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:56 AM

Lulz...

We shall stand against the creators themselves for our freedoms! :ph34r:

#26 Mandrakerootes

• PipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

View PostRoknari, on 26 February 2015 - 05:51 AM, said:

That does not sound like fun at all. Other than having many more tiles sounds like what we have going on now... Flooded queues do not make for a fun game.

Well other than completly restructuring the game from ground up in a matter of 24 hours there really isnt anything PGI can do as a event other than make the stakes higher and the systems gains less valuable. By having one battle be 1% instead of 6%, and the queue full of people that fight, you are going to wait for fights a fair bit longer than on a normal planet which disencourages rushing Omega.

#27 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

I think that planets are taken over far to quick anyway.
Wasn't it supposed to be one day in real life is one day in CW? Since when can you conquer a planet in a single day?
They should make it complete campaigns. On day one you gotta fight for a breachhead. On day two you neeed to hold that breachhead and take some infrastucture, those orbital canons for example, or a spaceport. Stuff like that.

Would be really nice if the battle for a planet would wage for a week or so. With diferent objectives in every step of the campaign.

Edited by Klappspaten, 26 February 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#28 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:30 PM

We are fighting against multiple clans simultaneously and with a smaller population than any of them, and still their progress is minimal and sometimes pushed back.

I'm actually very proud of how well we are doing under the circumstances. Skål! Rasalhague shall be free! (as in mead)

#29 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:38 PM

Considering the circumstances the KungsArmé is doing better than anyone could expect.

For a faction that never really had been given a chance, not by the lore, not by the mary sue writers and not by PGI, this is a great achievement,

Thumbs up, Fraggles.

Edited by Molossian Dog, 26 February 2015 - 03:40 PM.

#30 Harathan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 970 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:43 PM

View PostKlappspaten, on 26 February 2015 - 02:14 PM, said:

I think that planets are taken over far to quick anyway.
Wasn't it supposed to be one day in real life is one day in CW? Since when can you conquer a planet in a single day?
They should make it complete campaigns. On day one you gotta fight for a breachhead. On day two you neeed to hold that breachhead and take some infrastucture, those orbital canons for example, or a spaceport. Stuff like that.

Would be really nice if the battle for a planet would wage for a week or so. With diferent objectives in every step of the campaign.

It's even worse. In MWO you can take a whole planet in 8 hours.

#31 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

Really? Hey guys, there is another another opponent to fight - let boot them out!
FRR is down to population of people who will fight against any odds.

View PostStrykewolf, on 26 February 2015 - 05:56 AM, said:

Lulz...

We shall stand against the creators themselves for our freedoms! :ph34r:

Then we will challange Odin for a fist fight on the weekend, just for lulz. ;)

#32 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

I will never understand people that support FRR.

#33 jd7710

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 79 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationmid atlantic

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:34 PM

View PostNeoCodex, on 26 February 2015 - 04:12 PM, said:

Why is that? Are you afraid of the kid that your stealing the lunch money from coming back and making you eat crow?

#34 Klappspaten

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,211 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 February 2015 - 05:06 PM

We are the kind of guys that pick a side and stick with it. We are no turncoats that run from an uphill battle. If you wan't to bury us, you gotta bury us fighting!

The FRR is the only free and democratic nation in Battletech lore, and thats worth fighting for, even if its only in a game.

Edited by Klappspaten, 26 February 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#35 Molossian Dog

• 1,393 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:05 PM

And I will never understand people rooting for sister boinking Godwin´s Law in space.

So what? People evidently like different things.

#36 Sandersson Jankins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 352 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:55 PM

Playing at odd hours sometimes, I am sometimes forced to defend another House's world, when that is the only choice for 1-3 people to get a battle. All the FRR guys are very slow to whine about circumstances, and generally seem more adept at attempting teamwork.

All the other houses are mixed bags, with several VERY GOOD units, but "puggers" being unreliable. Even the unit-less folks in FRR seem to know enough about what they're getting into that they just do their best.

#37 Divine Retribution

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 648 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:43 PM

The FRR leadership is sane, isn't inbred, and isn't of the idea that magical pixy dust in their veins makes them special (they aren't "royalty"). Nor are FRR soldiers mass-produced in sweatshops then sent to their deaths.

When I think of it that way I wonder what's wrong with everyone else that they would accept one of those conditions. Did I miss something where there's another reasonable democratic faction? Or maybe a clan that doesn't make people in a breeding facility and didn't twist Aleksandr Kerensky's vision for a return to the IS after the Exodus?

I might work for other factions if a lucrative contract is offered, I am a merc after all. But I don't mind working for the FRR, which is more than I can say about the other factions.

Edit: Oh right, and the chance to change history (lore). If enough players went FRR it could rule the whole IS!

Edited by Divine Retribution, 26 February 2015 - 10:58 PM.

#38 NeoCodex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 799 posts

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:08 AM

That is certainly worth admiring, and you have my respect for it. I don't understand it, but I respect it.

It would sure be interesting to see FRR do better in the war. It is sad to see their planets were taken out as quickly as was predicted.

#39 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 27 February 2015 - 12:48 AM

View PostNeoCodex, on 27 February 2015 - 12:08 AM, said:

That is certainly worth admiring, and you have my respect for it. I don't understand it, but I respect it.

It would sure be interesting to see FRR do better in the war. It is sad to see their planets were taken out as quickly as was predicted.

Umm no they were not, We were predicted to be gone by the New Years, here it is almost March and PGI itself has had to lend direct aid to the clans to help take our worlds!

Phear the Space Vikings! PGI does.

Posted Image

#40 Dauphni

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:00 AM

PGI be all like:

Edited by Uite Dauphni, 27 February 2015 - 03:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users