192 replies to this topic

#101 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 02 March 2015 - 07:02 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking the Clans are going to be having a LOT of ghost drops in the next month or two.

#102 Drake67

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 156 posts
  • LocationEnterprise MS

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:08 PM

Omnipod quirks make sense. Bonus if used with parent chassis bonus if used if all 8 used on parent chassis. Knowing PGI they will F'it up, but here's hoping.

#103 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:19 PM

So 4 clan mechs are getting a quirk pass according to the March roadmap. The Summoner, and Nova are two I'm betting on. The other two I'm not so sure, but maybe Adder for lights, and Gargoyle or Warhawk for assault.

#104 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 02 March 2015 - 11:40 PM

Mist Lynx and Summoner and Nova already had some minor quirks......I wonder if that means they will be focused on others?

From the consensus here on how "bad" the 'mechs are I would guess the 4 they will address the most quickly are:

Summoner
Nova
Adder
Mist Lynx (since they consider JJs and ECM as each adding 1 tier, maybe not?) if not then
Ice Ferret

Edited by Kain Thul, 02 March 2015 - 11:40 PM.

#105 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationIronhold (Sydney, Australia)

Posted 03 March 2015 - 12:51 PM

Just make my Warhawk better at PPC boating than the Thunderbolt and I'll be happy... I've never been more upset then the day I saw a Thunderbolt fire off it's second volley while I was waiting for my DHS's to come back from vacation...

Edited by KelesK, 03 March 2015 - 12:54 PM.

#106 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 03 March 2015 - 02:20 PM

View PostKelesK, on 03 March 2015 - 12:51 PM, said:

Just make my Warhawk better at PPC boating than the Thunderbolt and I'll be happy... I've never been more upset then the day I saw a Thunderbolt fire off it's second volley while I was waiting for my DHS's to come back from vacation...

Ikr? 65-ton heavy should not outdo 85-ton assault at the exact same job, makes no sense...

#107 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:04 PM

View PostRepasy, on 03 March 2015 - 02:20 PM, said:

Ikr? 65-ton heavy should not outdo 85-ton assault at the exact same job, makes no sense...
Forget the tonnage, the simple fact the Warhawk comes stock with ERPPCs and the Thunderbolt is a custom job. That's what irks me.

#108 Stingersun

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:20 PM

makes sense. IS mechs are quirked towards stock builds in most cases. clan would rationally work the same way

#109 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:38 PM

View PostStingersun, on 03 March 2015 - 03:20 PM, said:

makes sense. IS mechs are quirked towards stock builds in most cases. clan would rationally work the same way

Ummmm, did you blatantly ignore the post directly above yours? reality check lol.

#110 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:41 PM

I was genuinely hoping for a main page update listing quirks. :(

#111 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:59 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 25 February 2015 - 10:00 AM, said:

If the Warhawk Prime gets super Erppc Quirks?

F*** yeah, I'm up to stock mechs.

Don't stock up, use the "Hero" warhawk.

Aka "Warhawk Tarra"

What is this build? in short.... remove LRM 10, LRM ammo, and put on more double heatsinks!

View PostKoniving, on 03 March 2015 - 04:41 PM, said:

I was genuinely hoping for a main page update listing quirks. :(

Feels for me and you.

I know.

#112 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:47 PM

Wish they would fix the Clan Machine Guns to be like the GAU-8
http://en.wikipedia....i/GAU-8_Avenger that way I can have a better belief that its not a weapon used soley against 'soft targets' http://en.wikipedia....iki/Soft_target not hardened targets like Mechs and Tanks or put people and monkeys and deer we can crush underfoot.

#113 NikkoChan

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 08:01 PM

I think you are thinking about this wrong russ. How about we just unlock clan slots and upgrades instead? Keep the engines but unlock all others. Then just use quirks to smooth it out like the summoner.

#114 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:07 PM

I think that unlocking upgrades for Clan Mechs and getting rid of fixed equipment (JJs included, PGI can keep some minimum ammount of them ) would help most of the underperformers to shine again. And the one or two Mechs who still suck because of their terrible model? Yep, that one or two Mechs can get some very minor non-dps related quirks to help. But besides that Clan Mechs don't really need quirks, they need to get rid of the wrenches thrown into the cogs.

#115 Slow and Decrepit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 525 posts
  • LocationBelen, the Mosquito Capital of NM

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:18 AM

Talking about balance, the IS had a mech that could've went toe to toe with the Timber, but 1st they nerfed the **** out of it, then they nerfed it's weapons, and it's JJ. And now they are ignoring it, thinking it to be a tier 1 when it's lucky to be a tier 3 at best. If they would give old Vic some ST armor quirks, and speed up the guns to where they used to be, and give it a tiny bit more lift to the JJ's (to match that of the clan's) I'm sure it would give Mr. Timber a run for its money. Most of the IS assults could use a LFE. That alone would go a very long way towards creating balance between the two.....

Edited by beleneagle, 05 March 2015 - 12:05 PM.

#116 TibsVT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 421 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:35 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 04 March 2015 - 01:59 AM, said:

Don't stock up, use the "Hero" warhawk.

Aka "Warhawk Tarra"

What is this build? in short.... remove LRM 10, LRM ammo, and put on more double heatsinks!

That really doesn't work. All it does it makes the Mech completely useless once the heat threshhold has been hit.

#117 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 05 March 2015 - 02:31 AM

View PostKelesK, on 05 March 2015 - 01:35 AM, said:

That really doesn't work. All it does it makes the Mech completely useless once the heat threshhold has been hit.

Okay

Have fun with your LRM 10 with 1 ton of ammo and less heatsinks then.

#118 Ralgas

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 05 March 2015 - 03:03 AM

Losing partial or even some of your quirks by mismatching omni sets should be a given.

Has noone here actually looked at the crys of p2w already in wave3 because pulling arms off the bonus mechs and reusing them is "optimal"?

You can do it already, the mdd-B has a -5% energy cd if you use it's right arm, swap it out for a prime and you dial out the weakness at the cost of a energy harpoint, but still keep the extra missile point for mixed lasvomit/srm or better lrm backups.

For another example slap a HBR- prime LT and RA on a HBR-A to end up with a 7E 2B 1M chassis, or 2 more hardpoints than any of the stock build and a ton of good high hardpoints (3LT and 1 in the head) to abuse any energy quirks. That gets also gets enhanced by the fact that a 1 crit slot (the head) can fit anything other than a ppc or lplas

As it stands with pod quirks affecting the entire mech (and as yet we have no idea how stable having quirks only affect that pod will be patch to patch so i'm hesitant to go there) they have to be really careful we don't end up with another fotm that needs to be broken by simply doing a part swap or 2.

Edited by Ralgas, 05 March 2015 - 03:11 AM.

#119 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 05 March 2015 - 10:07 AM

View PostRalgas, on 05 March 2015 - 03:03 AM, said:

Losing partial or even some of your quirks by mismatching omni sets should be a given.

Has noone here actually looked at the crys of p2w already in wave3 because pulling arms off the bonus mechs and reusing them is "optimal"?

You can do it already, the mdd-B has a -5% energy cd if you use it's right arm, swap it out for a prime and you dial out the weakness at the cost of a energy harpoint, but still keep the extra missile point for mixed lasvomit/srm or better lrm backups.

For another example slap a HBR- prime LT and RA on a HBR-A to end up with a 7E 2B 1M chassis, or 2 more hardpoints than any of the stock build and a ton of good high hardpoints (3LT and 1 in the head) to abuse any energy quirks. That gets also gets enhanced by the fact that a 1 crit slot (the head) can fit anything other than a ppc or lplas

As it stands with pod quirks affecting the entire mech (and as yet we have no idea how stable having quirks only affect that pod will be patch to patch so i'm hesitant to go there) they have to be really careful we don't end up with another fotm that needs to be broken by simply doing a part swap or 2.

It isn't even that hard. They can tie the "core" quirks to the CT (mobility, general quirks like "energy" "ballistic" or "missile") to steer the variant in the direction they want while tweaking the individual pods smaller amounts that cater to specific weapons.

For instance with the Summoner they could give the Prime RA some C-EPPC quirks and some energy quirks on the Prime CT so together they make Summoner prime very good with just 1 C-ERPPC. Sure you could take your SMN-B and put that prime RA on it and get some of the C-ERPPC benefits but with your CT being likely quirked for missiles (all stock weapons are missiles) you will not sling PPCs like the prime can.

This way you can still mix and match pods and be better than before quirks but if you like you can also use them together as PGI intends and get the larger boosts.

#120 Ralgas

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,628 posts
  • LocationThe Wonderful world of OZ

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:11 PM

View PostKain Thul, on 05 March 2015 - 10:07 AM, said:

It isn't even that hard. They can tie the "core" quirks to the CT (mobility, general quirks like "energy" "ballistic" or "missile") to steer the variant in the direction they want while tweaking the individual pods smaller amounts that cater to specific weapons.

For instance with the Summoner they could give the Prime RA some C-EPPC quirks and some energy quirks on the Prime CT so together they make Summoner prime very good with just 1 C-ERPPC. Sure you could take your SMN-B and put that prime RA on it and get some of the C-ERPPC benefits but with your CT being likely quirked for missiles (all stock weapons are missiles) you will not sling PPCs like the prime can.

This way you can still mix and match pods and be better than before quirks but if you like you can also use them together as PGI intends and get the larger boosts.

And hopefully thats how it works, but at the same time those quirks you mention are going to have to be built around a summoner that has 3E (4 if they give it to the D or C-RA). Same as any missile bonuses on the C and the prime torsi have to take into account it can be slotted into the B for maximum boatage.Based on that many clan pod quirks will always either be very underwhelming on the chassis they are given or hella op when lego meched elsewhere.

Set bonus reducing them seems a logical compromise.

Edited by Ralgas, 05 March 2015 - 01:30 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users