• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 25 February 2015 - 09:51 AM

Discussion on the 95 Ton Monster Known as the Executioner to Clans, and to the Inner Sphere as the Gladiator.

Will it have fixed Jump Jets?

Will it be the Tank it is made out to be?

Could it Outperform The Dire Wolf and be the Replacement to it?

Shall the hit boxes be good, or horrible?

EDIT: one more question,

Will it be a mech to receive a speed boost as the Summoner, or be nerfed?

Edited by Scout Derek, 25 February 2015 - 09:56 AM.

#2 Nori Silverrage

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:05 AM

Jump jets are definately fixed unless PGI decides to unfix jump jets across the clan board.

I see it as a mech that can in bursts go almost as fast as a Timber, yet has almost the tank of a 100t mech. Firepower should be similar to a Timber as well, maybe a little bit better.

It'll have a lot less firepower than the Dire, but significantly improved mobility and hopefully around the same tank, or maybe better.

In CW a wave of 6 of these mixed in with Ebon Jaguar, Hellbringers and Timbers would be scary.

#3 Soul Tribunal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 606 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 February 2015 - 10:05 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 25 February 2015 - 09:51 AM, said:

Discussion on the 95 Ton Monster Known as the Executioner to Clans, and to the Inner Sphere as the Gladiator.

Will it have fixed Jump Jets?

Will it be the Tank it is made out to be?

Could it Outperform The Dire Wolf and be the Replacement to it?

Shall the hit boxes be good, or horrible?

EDIT: one more question,

Will it be a mech to receive a speed boost as the Summoner, or be nerfed?

There are very few mechs that can eclipse the DW. Solely because the DW has so much Pod Space and so Many Hard Points that it can make anything and everything work for it. Its probably the most configurable Mech out there right now.
I think the Gladiator is limited to (someone correct me if I'm wrong) 25T of pod space, which pales in comparision.
We do get the cool 7E variant Arm which will be nice, but Clan lasers are hot running so its limited in usefullness and it will get Wolverine Syndrome for having all its Eggs in one basket.

If they get MASC right, and fix the damn JJ's we might have a good support mech or something that can get in an out in a hurry. My Only fears with it are related to size compared to a Gargoyle (easier to hit is easier to die) and its agility.
I'll still play it, and have fun in it since its Iconic for me. But I doubt in breaks the Holy Trinity.

The AC and CB on the other hand. Heh, those will be killers.

-ST

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users