Troubadour

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 27 February 2015 - 03:08 PM

View PostAn Anime Princess, on 27 February 2015 - 02:54 PM, said:

you just know like 25% of this game's population would eat that up and ask for seconds, unfortunately

Oh I know. God would the tears flow after a day or two, though.

Can you imagine? Dying to a nova. God, the embarassment.

#22 NGxT

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 01:59 AM

**** that, can u imagine all those IS pilots dropping in mechs with SINGLE heat sinks? dear god...

#23 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 02:27 AM

Loved tabletop. Still do. Still play it with friends.

However it wasn't a FPS, has no business being translated directly into a FPS, other than single player so you can balance the AI against the insanely bad mech balance.

The game developers admitted that the Clans were poorly handled and OP and the whole thing was a terrible mess.

#24 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 01 March 2015 - 02:56 AM

In conclusion: Battletech is a franchise that is at once united, and at the same time separated into disparate sections. With a target demographic that appeals to people in all walks of life, through all stages of life, both genders, children and their parents. Husbands and wives. It's the real Golden Goose of franchises. Seems silly the connection isn't being made, the call forwarded that would take advantage of that. Pop those K'Nex Battlemechs back on store shelves, give me a little metal figurine of the very same model I play in-game, and everybody involved would be able to tend to a real giving tree. Revive Tactics, perhaps open up titles under the Aerotech, CityTech or Battlespace names... Hire kids right out of college, eager for their first job... You stand at the controls of a machine that could help bring about a cycle of renewal.

I am touched .. Best TL;DR ever!

PGI: Do you dare?

P.S. Just to be clear, i read it all.

View PostbobF, on 26 February 2015 - 02:29 PM, said:

How long will it take for people to understand that this game is a giant session of realtime Succession Wars (with Clans) and NOT a faithful reenactment of the lore? Ghost heat being removed for energy systems, quirks and soon more drop tonnage for IS, what will it take until you lore people are satisfied? When you have a magic Die, Clanner button that instagibs every scr and tbr in the match?

We "lore people" want a faithful representation of the franchise we love, were excited about and came here for. If you do not like the kind of game it would be? You can play World of Tanks, which can be not historically accurate or realistic in the name of casualness. I even started playing it again casually, but i have never been hooked for more than a couple of months.

Besides, i would rather have 10vs12 than tonnage limits, unless there is a team tonnage limit like in MechCommander, or a BV system. Quirks are fine unless they become clearly overdone and actually limit variety instead of promoting it, which is something not only lore purists dislike, quiaff? I think a good number of players would like to see more 'Mechs in the field instead of the same 2/3.

Before you ask, aff, i would like to be able to bring other 'Mechs than my SCR/TBR/MLX. I cannot wait for Nova, Summoner and Gargoyle quirks.

CW suffers from a current lack of depth, and mechanics that make the actual TT game of succession wars a deep and strategic one. Implementing things like factory worlds, resources, tech levels and the like will force players to fight for advantages, instead of play the forum game asking PGI to make arbitrary changes because some players want to ignore quirks or make whacky, non synchronous builds.

That for sure, i agree. This is why their Phase 3 supposedly will be about logistics.

Edited by CyclonerM, 01 March 2015 - 03:05 AM.

#25 Mile Long Colon

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:32 AM

Personally, I think PGI should take more liberties with the lore. They could even rewrite some of the lore using the outcomes of the CW battles. Also, they could make new mechs.

#26 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 01 March 2015 - 03:38 AM

View PostMile Long Colon, on 01 March 2015 - 03:32 AM, said:

Personally, I think PGI should take more liberties with the lore. They could even rewrite some of the lore using the outcomes of the CW battles. Also, they could make new mechs.

That is not an issue, we already are rewriting the lore with our own battles in CW, that is fine. It is what RP is about at big scale.

But please, no new 'Mechs! :wacko: There are hundreds of 'Mechs in Battletech, the further we go with the timeline the more 'Mechs will be available anyway .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users