8 replies to this topic

#1 Eldamar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationPleasant Valley, NY

Posted 28 February 2015 - 07:58 PM

I am now running the repair tool for the 6th time because I got the dreaded Fread error when I tried to drop into a match about 2 hours ago. The reason it is taking so long to acually fix is that each time I run the tool I get multiple new files shown as corrupt.

The last 2 times I got objects.pak as the bad file and each time it apparently downloaded a corrupt file. Even tried the work around of downloading the file through my browser with no other programs running and I got a corrupt file per the repair tool and 7-zip.

I have not seen anyone but players talking about these problems outside of the archived forums, does no one at PGI whom I have paid hundreds of dollars no longer care that those who have given money for this game cant even play it reliably anymore?

#2 Poptimus Rhyme Wallace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 329 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:02 AM

View PostEldamar, on 28 February 2015 - 07:58 PM, said:

... no one at PGI whom I have paid hundreds of dollars no longer care that those who have given money for this game cant even play it reliably anymore?

that just about sums up how it feels at this point.

#3 0Carbon0

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 32 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDERP Community PR Officer

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:08 PM

Why does the repair tool pak files differ from the game manifest? This seems to happen every time there is an update, the repair tool doesn't download the correct .pak files and marks them as corrupt anyway, leading to a nice repairloop and unplayable game.

I had same Fread issue as OP, ran repair tool overnight and it just deleted everything it downloaded.

Time for PGI to fix their repair tool/updater from corrupting the game (again)?

#4 Eldamar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:17 PM

I have gotten into the unfortunate habit of running the repair tool before I ever try running the game. Even when I stopped playing last night with no errors just to try to be able to play without too many problems. I also have now gone solely to downloading the pak's through my browser and manually deleting any files it says can be.

This though has only had about a 75% success rate though compared to the 40% rate on just letting the repair tool do all that.

#5 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:43 PM

View PostEldamar, on 01 March 2015 - 01:17 PM, said:

I have gotten into the unfortunate habit of running the repair tool before I ever try running the game. Even when I stopped playing last night with no errors just to try to be able to play without too many problems. I also have now gone solely to downloading the pak's through my browser and manually deleting any files it says can be.

This though has only had about a 75% success rate though compared to the 40% rate on just letting the repair tool do all that.

Where can I find the links for the game asset files?

#6 Eldamar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:48 PM

Run the repair tool but do not hit fix when prompted scroll back up to above all the Teamspeak logs it wants to delete.

Right above there you will see a list of "corrupted" files listed by your computer path for the file and an http address for the file.
Copy and past the http line into your browser and it should download, then just move it over the old file where it is listed in the path line.

I have gotten into the habit of keeping the files I download between patches in a separate folder so hopefully if one corrupts again I jsut have to copy the other one over and not download again. I have though every patch day deleted those just to be sure I have current versions in case the patch changed them.

After you got the download links just close the repair tool the x if your on windows and it will not try to fix things on its own. I usually also delete the logs it wants gone just to be safe though I am not sure why pgi did not put a limit on how many are saved as each drop you do makes a new one.

#7 Eldamar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:34 PM

I have now officially ran the repair tool more then I have played in the last 48 hours, and it shows with my stats in the challage, actually it seems to be this way most weekends, hell most days of the week

#8 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:51 PM

Eldamar, check out Thresch's post here. He may be on to something?

#9 Eldamar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 102 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:25 AM

See my reply there instead of me repeating, would rather once again have one big thread then hundreds of small ones anyway.

Maybe that would get noticed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users