Extension Of Clan Wave 3 Early Adopter Deadline!

138 replies to this topic

#21 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:38 AM

I am going to buy the Shadow Cat pack. However, i trust Alex so much that i will not wait until the remaining artworks are released! I will wait with excitement the day i can see them! :D

#22 TheSilken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationLost in The Warp

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:40 AM

Now assuming they refund me for my Gargoyle Wave II pack here soon I should be able to make the deadline now :D

#23 Greenjulius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:43 AM

This is a great decision. I was a little ticked off when I saw that we would get a chance to even see what were were buying.

Posted Image

#24 The Dancing Joker

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:46 AM

@PGI Not right to go back on your word. If you give a deadline, stick to it. Reward those that go the extra mile meet those deadlines.

#25 Catalinasgrace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 256 posts
  • LocationHudson, TX

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:48 AM

This as I have stated in my other thread is a complete BS move for those that bought within the deadline that PGI set...

#26 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:52 AM

Hmm I might buy into the Cauldron Born package then. Only leftover letdown is that we get *exactly* the same faction content as for Wave 2. Speaks for me of a rushed pack sale. Less packs more heroes, please. !Clan! Heroes!

Edited by k05h3lk1n, 01 March 2015 - 11:52 AM.

#27 mechbane

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 99 posts
  • Locationlondon

Posted 01 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

im angry about this i Put off paying a bill to get the early rewards, i could have waited and saved myself a headache, this is kicking dirt in the face of the people who brought it in feb! scum move PGI scum move!

#28 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:01 PM

View PostAmer, on 01 March 2015 - 10:28 AM, said:

This was definitely bound to happen, but PGI are being a bit unclean. This is profitable, but you should give some incentives to people who've bought before the first announced date ('cause these "unique, won't change, ONLY, exclusive" words are getting a bit old, when things are being changed each and every time).

As someone who could barely afford to buy the Executioner pack during this Early Bird period, this. I'm glad that the date was extended for others but I feel a little cheated. While I was able to buy the pack in February, it wasn't convenient to do so to say the least. I'd rather had given blood plasma and waited till this week to buy the pack or something lol

Us Early Birds would really appreciate an extra thank-you gift for committing to the package with such sudden notice! Maybe a special cockpit item or C-bills thrown into the deal? I don't know, but it would be really cool of PGI to do that.

Also, biggest gripe with this pack is that Wave 2 buyers are getting no new content with the Faction skins. If Wave 2 buyers were given extra colors or a premium skin for the clan mechs, I think that would get more people to buy. I only bought in to the top tier for the saved grinding, not the extra premium time or faction packs.

Edited by Pezzer, 02 March 2015 - 10:23 AM.

#29 Morgana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 647 posts
  • LocationCleaning 10-year old dust out of Cockpit!

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

This notice really should have gone out a day to two ago, not AFTER the deadline. Timing in everything.

As per Russ's Twitter Tweet:

well we are reacting to what customers wanted but yah I will think of at least something small for you and others that met Feb 28.

This "something small" should equal the value of the "exclusive mech". It's wonderful for those that now have the extra time should they decide to invest, but sadly a slap in the face for those that met the deadline. It comes across as "We didn't make enough $, lets see if we can get more." How are we to believe any deadline means anything?

On a positive note, glad to see you realized not enough time was given to allow players with families, to have some time to budget such a purchase. Looking forward to the extra time for all future early purchase incentives.

#30 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:14 PM

Nice to see the extended deadline. It will make a lot of people happy.

But

PGI... please decide on these things before announcing the pack... you know... a deadline is not a deadline if you change it.

Edited by Navid A1, 01 March 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#31 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:26 PM

Good choice! Releasing the concept arts b4 the early adopters rewards ends is a good thing! Unfortunately we are still talking about clan mechs. So whats the next IS mech wave ^^

And please keep in mind, that however you choose to implement MASC, make sure it will work with IS lights, otherwise you'll exclude lots of potential future chassis! *cough* Flea *cough*

Edited by Myke Pantera, 01 March 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#32 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

Well. With a birthday between now and then the Ebon Jaguar upgrade just got decided for me.

Bye bye money. It was only ever lip service I gave to your saving with the EB on offer..

#33 Auel Stingray

Rookie

• Tai-i
  • Tai-i
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

Well i just feel cheated. Again.
Selling me a time limited offer which was not so time limited after all...

#34 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:31 PM

Oh Russ tweeted about this huh. great so nice to inform us. Maybe he should of just tweeted this announcement since everyone uses it..................................................................................................................................

#35 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 737 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:37 PM

View PostOdanan, on 01 March 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

I don't understand why someone is complaining that the deadline was extended. How the fact more people will be able to enjoy free stuff is bad in any way?

"It's the internet. People will complain for everything".

"it's also the internet. People make moronic statements just for the art of posting and they think they are oh so clever"

Nobody said someone else getting freebies is bad (tho it's not good for me in any way either) What I don't like at all is having played by their rules, gathering the money in a hurry because you wouldn't believe it but money does not grow under my bed, only for them to change the rules and giving everyone else who didn't make the effort the same chance. It's like paying your taxes always on time only to find out the goverment gives a moratorium to every debtor out there. You'd feel stupid too in my place.

#36 Volkodav

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationЯрославль. RDL.

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:41 PM

Thank PGI, but, really, for those who have already bought, please, make a small bonus in gratitude - for example additional camo pattern.

#37 Destructicus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

I love how angry people get even when PGI does something nice.
And if you put off bills to pick up the pack then you need to rethink your priorities...

#38 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:48 PM

I personally don't really care; I got my package and bonus mechs. I'm not buying any higher than the Med.

Here's how I'm seeing the forums take it:

#39 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:55 PM

View PostAuel Stingray, on 01 March 2015 - 12:28 PM, said:

Well i just feel cheated. Again.
Selling me a time limited offer which was not so time limited after all...

Imo it was bad enough that they started giving the 15 year anniversary Mechs away like candy at a convention, now they do this? As I said before, the Early Birds deserve something extra like C-Bills or a pattern

#40 GizmoGecko

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:10 PM

You guys knew you were providing a short amount of time to make people rush to buy it for the extra 'mechs, on top of not seeing half the concept art, and then make it look like you're 'doing everyone a favor' by extending it. Bit of a douchey thing to do quite frankly...

I don't get why people are saying thank you when they should have done it in the first place. The only person in my goodbooks right now is Iglesias, can't wait to see what he's done with the Shadow Cat :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users