Tweet From Russ: Clan Wolf And Jade Falcon Really Need To Take Care Of Those Bear Islands

33 replies to this topic

#1 Ripper X

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 343 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 04 March 2015 - 02:06 PM

https://twitter.com/...191726086537216

I think for a few attack phases we should clean up those Ghost Bear planets in that island. They are slowing us down from moving forward.

Edited by Ripper X, 04 March 2015 - 02:07 PM.

#2 Repasy Cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 04 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Already taken care of.

#3 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

*Tweet From Clan Space in reply to Russ* How about you let us determine what to attack instead of that Intern Named Algorithm who is doing it for us now, since there is no Clan Wolf or Clan Jade Falcon that has total control of every Unit that make up the 2 Factions?

#4 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:14 PM

It sadens me to see that the Great Ghost Bear Salmon has been torn apart. What we achieved in January was great but now exists no more. This I deeply regret.

But the future will bring me satisfaction. CGB was the one who managed to bear the full might of FRR on its shoulders and came out victorious. CW and CJF can keep the planets creating the island, true, but by never matching CGB frontline performance they will struggle. Our planets and our lands around FRR capital were taken and CW has no chance to defend them after MS leaves, eventually creating a hole in CW lands and reaching up to CJF. What the bear could have contained was taken away, now it will rip you to shreds. CGB will laugh, defend its own and get back a planet or two from time to time. But for CW there are some sad times ahead.

And I will be standing on the side lines and enjoying the view.

#5 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

View PostMordin Ashe, on 04 March 2015 - 09:14 PM, said:

It sadens me to see that the Great Ghost Bear Salmon has been torn apart. What we achieved in January was great but now exists no more. This I deeply regret.

But the future will bring me satisfaction. CGB was the one who managed to bear the full might of FRR on its shoulders and came out victorious. CW and CJF can keep the planets creating the island, true, but by never matching CGB frontline performance they will struggle. Our planets and our lands around FRR capital were taken and CW has no chance to defend them after MS leaves, eventually creating a hole in CW lands and reaching up to CJF. What the bear could have contained was taken away, now it will rip you to shreds. CGB will laugh, defend its own and get back a planet or two from time to time. But for CW there are some sad times ahead.

That may be, but at the same time a lot of what has happened is actually something the Ghost Bears had a hand in. We got closed in, forcing us to fight you and the Jade Falcons to try to get down south... According to Russ himself there, the Ghost Bear island actually screwed up the algorythm.

So sure, stand by and enjoy the view. I thought you were looking for good fights. We will be having them surely!

#6 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

LOLZ that island didn't last two weeks, and MS ran away rather then stay and defend it and zerging rushing planets (which is the only thing MS does) isn't much of an achievement. You do know that most units simply won't fight MS anymore cause they lose the planet regardless because of your zerg, i hope the members in your unit enjoy ghost dropping cause that's all you will be doing

Edited by Czarr, 04 March 2015 - 09:43 PM.

#7 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:05 PM

LOL you should go on tour and hit some comedy clubs.

#8 Knightcrawler

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:50 PM

Could go that way, Mordin. But on the other hand, once all the FRR planets down south are taken over, Rasalhague may get to attack Ghost Bear at Radlje. So then we'd share the burden. FRR's current (and frequent) attack vector is Dawn. If they take it over, we again share the burden. Or honestly we may decide to do nothing about it, since Rasalhague no longer would impede our march toward Terra.

I wouldn't have attacked those Ghost Bear planets if I had any other choice, but we had to in order to break out. And that was a direct result of CGB's mercs' actions, in drawing our attention away from the front, which caused us to gain ground more slowly than our neighbors. Don't misunderstand me: I don't dislike those merc units at all (especially since fighting them improved our ability), just stating what happened.

Edited by Knightcrawler, 04 March 2015 - 11:00 PM.

#9 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:26 PM

Ummm...to each their own.

Tell me. Was it more embarrassing that Clan Wolf took a considerable chunk out of CGB after MS/CI left, or that MS/CI fought tooth and nail to get an attack vector against Jade Falcon only to have CGB give up and lose almost all that effort in the span of a week without MS/CI?

We had a rough time in January when all the comp teams went IS and a lot of our guys got burnt out, but Clan Wolf has rebounded from that setback, and we haven't had to rely on mercs to do our heavy lifting. We have proven since then that we can sustain ourselves as a faction without the need for large, competitive merc groups.

We are happy that we have established a working relationship with MS/CI, and we are looking forward to the full possibilities of what Clan Wolf + MS/CI can accomplish together. This is our first time working together, and I certainly don't hope it will be the last.

But we've been doing a pretty rock solid job for a faction that has had the least amount of competitive group support since the beginning of CW. We are excited about MS/CI joining us, and being able to work together with them, but we haven't had to rely on large merc units to make headway, and when MS/CI leaves, we will continue to make headway, unlike "certain factions" that seem to completely stall and/or lose territory every time their merc units leave them.

#10 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:51 PM

View PostCzarr, on 04 March 2015 - 09:32 PM, said:

LOLZ that island didn't last two weeks, and MS ran away rather then stay and defend it and zerging rushing planets (which is the only thing MS does) isn't much of an achievement. You do know that most units simply won't fight MS anymore cause they lose the planet regardless because of your zerg, i hope the members in your unit enjoy ghost dropping cause that's all you will be doing

I think you had best go to CW101 for teams. Why defend planets against light rushing IS zerg's? Much like you going to fight across the border, so the real opposition will do so because you ain't gonna defend your border yourself. We utilise the assets we have at hand to ramp up both IS attack lanes, then once in hand we can batter around the poor defenders that try to hold counter attacks on the returning defending forces. After all IS light zerg, unless co-ordinated enough, isn't enough to secure wins in a skirmish game mode.

Oh but you are one of those players who advocate the Kuritan way of fighting... run off to the weakest front because we can't win against equal numbers. If MS could place a zerg where we wanted, or could field one, then no-front is safe... because with those numbers we would have all 3 timezones 100% covered... but we don't, and we can't... because just like other Merc unit's out there (QQ, 228 as examples), MS overall is similar in size.

But then since I've never seen you on the field... you can talk the talk but won't walk the walk.

View PostAresye, on 04 March 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

But we've been doing a pretty rock solid job for a faction that has had the least amount of competitive group support since the beginning of CW. We are excited about MS/CI joining us, and being able to work together with them, but we haven't had to rely on large merc units to make headway, and when MS/CI leaves, we will continue to make headway, unlike "certain factions" that seem to completely stall and/or lose territory every time their merc units leave them.

The same may happen to Wolf, the only reason Wolf is progressing is because of skill on the front, Wolf has numbers, but even the FRR post comp teams leaving were stalling Wolf along a broad front. The sad thing is, it's the merc's and comp teams that move or hold borders. Comp teams pushed wolf to square one, they also stalled Wolf's 2nd push into FRR, and no doubt comp teams will do it again.

CSJ was another example... against co-ordinated attacks without Mercs they were stalled and delayed, and only now recovering after Merc assistance and Kurita backing off the borders.

#11 Abivard

• Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:00 AM

Must be nice having the game designer fighting on your side.

#12 jeirhart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 12:39 AM

View PostAbivard, on 05 March 2015 - 12:00 AM, said:

If the game designer was on the side of Clans, he would not have taken away those FRR planets from CJF...

#13 Alexander Steel

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 04:15 AM

View PostVoodooLou Kerensky, on 04 March 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

*Tweet From Clan Space in reply to Russ* How about you let us determine what to attack instead of that Intern Named Algorithm who is doing it for us now, since there is no Clan Wolf or Clan Jade Falcon that has total control of every Unit that make up the 2 Factions?

Have you watched the Algorithm? That's not the work of a Intern. I think the more accurate title would be "The Strung Out Insane Hobo named Algorithm that you guys toss a bagel at in the morning who you let decide the attack/defend planets for the day".

#14 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 05 March 2015 - 05:46 AM

View PostAbivard, on 05 March 2015 - 12:00 AM, said:

Ahah.

In one of the last VLOGs they said they are all IS fans...

#15 Dark DeLaurel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 579 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWarShip Sleipnir, Spinward-Coreward Quadrant

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:25 AM

View PostCyclonerM, on 05 March 2015 - 05:46 AM, said:

Ahah.

In one of the last VLOGs they said they are all IS fans...

They have actually said this many times, the first was when they announced the Clan invasion if i remember right. That's pretty much when I stopped watching the dev logs...

#16 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:31 AM

View PostAresye, on 04 March 2015 - 11:26 PM, said:

Ummm...to each their own.

Tell me. Was it more embarrassing that Clan Wolf took a considerable chunk out of CGB after MS/CI left, or that MS/CI fought tooth and nail to get an attack vector against Jade Falcon only to have CGB give up and lose almost all that effort in the span of a week without MS/CI?

We had a rough time in January when all the comp teams went IS and a lot of our guys got burnt out, but Clan Wolf has rebounded from that setback, and we haven't had to rely on mercs to do our heavy lifting. We have proven since then that we can sustain ourselves as a faction without the need for large, competitive merc groups.

We are happy that we have established a working relationship with MS/CI, and we are looking forward to the full possibilities of what Clan Wolf + MS/CI can accomplish together. This is our first time working together, and I certainly don't hope it will be the last.

Yea it's like I've been saying MS overextended themselves positioning themselves far away from CGB with those islands giving the GB units don't want to fight wolf or falcon , MS was bound to fail and lose those islandd , MS acts like it's some victory....NO! It was a waste of time, The only way they could of held it was by stating GB but MS or Galaxy trotters and want to go on a Galaxy Zerg tour so that wasn't going to happen. it was another bad plan by MS just like the "going through wolf to attack falcon" plan. With that kind of planning no wonder units are leaving the MS alliance , but don't listen to me I'm just a dumb noob

Edited by Czarr, 05 March 2015 - 09:32 AM.

#17 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:33 AM

View PostVoodooLou Kerensky, on 04 March 2015 - 07:26 PM, said:

As an IS player, I'd love the ability to just grab 12 players and drop anywhere on a front. Rather than 80+ people queued up for one world, it would be far more fun to open up the war along the entire front. Force people to REALLY defend.

#18 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

Wasn't it the algorithm that caused those islands in the first place?? I mean wow this algorithm they might us well call us clan drunk falcon cause our attack choices are zigging back and forth between outer rim worlds and FRR/ inner Steiner planets

#19 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostApostal Sinclair, on 04 March 2015 - 11:51 PM, said:

The sad thing is, it's the merc's and comp teams that move or hold borders.

Oh.

#20 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 05 March 2015 - 11:30 AM

View PostAlexander Steel, on 05 March 2015 - 04:15 AM, said:

Have you watched the Algorithm? That's not the work of a Intern. I think the more accurate title would be "The Strung Out Insane Hobo named Algorithm that you guys toss a bagel at in the morning who you let decide the attack/defend planets for the day".

That's not a very nice thing to say about Paul.... :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users