6 replies to this topic

#1 BZArcher

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:25 AM

I have opened a support ticket for this, but I thought I'd post here, too, in case others are seeing the same issue and have some ideas:

I logged in for the first time since the 3/4/15 hotfix, and like a lot of 'mechwarriors, I've got my weapon groups bound to various mouse buttons.

When I joined a match, I found that firing weapon group one (left mouse) was working as normal, but when I fired weapon group 2, off my right mouse button, my torso jerked hard to the right, pitching nose down. (After repeated tests it looks like I'm getting ~20 degrees right, 10 degrees down pretty consistently)

I went into testing groups after that match, and I'm seeing the same problem.

I tried turning down mouse sensitivity, since I noticed it was set almost to 1.0, but it doesn't seem to be affecting it, and there's no indication of any other key mapping in settings. When I fire weapon group 2 from my keyboard, it's working as expected, with no odd movements.

I attempted to perform a "center legs" at the start of a match to see if that cleared the problem, but no dice, and I'm still seeing this behavior after a complete reset of my client settings / key bindings back to defaults.

#2 Ironwithin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 March 2015 - 06:40 AM

Unplug any and all controllers, flightsticks, touchpads, etc.

#3 BZArcher

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 March 2015 - 07:52 AM

View PostIronwithin, on 05 March 2015 - 06:40 AM, said:

Unplug any and all controllers, flightsticks, touchpads, etc.

My only USB devices are my keyboard, mouse, microphone, and USB headphones. Tried disconnecting everything, reconnecting, and restarted the client, same thing. Just for giggles I tried disconnecting the mic and headphones, same behavior.

As I mentioned, this was NOT happening before the hotfix.

#4 nehebkau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:09 AM

I've noticed it a couple of times in CW -- so you aren't alone. Just a little twitch in CW on occasion but I notice it going down and to the right -- was thinking it was me pulling when i was firing my 2nd weapons group (right mouse) but maybe not.

#5 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 05 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

Hmmm might this be related to the torso twist jitters? The one where you stop moving your mouse and it starts jerking left and right?

#6 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:03 AM

View PostBZArcher, on 05 March 2015 - 06:25 AM, said:

I have opened a support ticket for this, but I thought I'd post here, too, in case others are seeing the same issue and have some ideas:

I logged in for the first time since the 3/4/15 hotfix, and like a lot of 'mechwarriors, I've got my weapon groups bound to various mouse buttons.

When I joined a match, I found that firing weapon group one (left mouse) was working as normal, but when I fired weapon group 2, off my right mouse button, my torso jerked hard to the right, pitching nose down. (After repeated tests it looks like I'm getting ~20 degrees right, 10 degrees down pretty consistently)

I went into testing groups after that match, and I'm seeing the same problem.

I tried turning down mouse sensitivity, since I noticed it was set almost to 1.0, but it doesn't seem to be affecting it, and there's no indication of any other key mapping in settings. When I fire weapon group 2 from my keyboard, it's working as expected, with no odd movements.

I attempted to perform a "center legs" at the start of a match to see if that cleared the problem, but no dice, and I'm still seeing this behavior after a complete reset of my client settings / key bindings back to defaults.

I have seen this on other games as well, with many people, have you tried clicking the button more lightly, even a slight pressure against your mouse while pressing the buttons will make the mouse move.... right click will frag the mouse to the right and down and the left button will go left and down, try a softer hand and see if that works

#7 BZArcher

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 March 2015 - 09:11 AM

Umi - tried that, and also tried turning mouse sensitivity down, no change. Even when I barely touch it with mouse sensitivity at the bottom of the slider, it still yanks around.

Edit: Also, holding down the mouse button makes the torso continue to turn. This does not look like a sensitivity issue.

Edited by BZArcher, 05 March 2015 - 09:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users