Soon....

125 replies to this topic

#121 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:10 AM

Meh, balance overall aint that bad, except for some "outlier" mechs like the TB, SCR, FS, SDR, maybe DRG (that AC5... I as a Clanpilot would also love such a quickfdiring 1-shot-and-damage-done AC compared to that multi-bullet-firing piece of machinegun we´ve got as an excuse for UACs^^ ) and Panther (Spiders/Firestarters "Null"-armor) are things that can be brought back in line easily .

What PGI can´t fix is: biases, stupid, trolls, whales, noobs, vets, hit-reg (^^)

IS got enough competetive vehicles out of a gigantic pool,whereas Clanplayers get way fewer choices which tend to run hotter than their IS counterparts in order to dish out same amount of damage .
One of the major problems of IS vs. Clan is that many vets play Clan and many beginners start out as IS´ers and thusly many of these IS-beginners feel gimped and not competetive versus clans, although, viewed realisticaly, these beginners cant even have gotten enough of a glimpe of the gameplay in depth to measure and gauge their own competetiveness which leads to the general picture of the Clans as being "OP" and as it is being upheld right now by relatively big swathes of the IS-playerbase, which ain´t too cool .

Think about that the next time you wanna nerf/buff something .

By the way: Looking forward to see how the Zeus is going to do, same goes for the ´Hopper :) Oh...and dont get your panties in tatters because of low-slung arms ... we Clanpilots hear ya :P

#122 Tasker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:25 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 18 March 2015 - 05:10 AM, said:

This thing runs like an 80 ton Tbolt - I love it

Runs like an 8 ton T-Bolt that isn't very good.

Not as bad as grasshopper, though. What a **** mech.

#123 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:55 AM

Yeah, Grasshopper is muy triste.

#124 Robomomo2000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 138 posts
  • LocationInvader class warship

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:13 AM

Any one notice the special geometry for the Zeus has mini-fins on his shoulders?

Just found that funny.

#125 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:55 PM

The Zeus is... okay. He's not frontline but a 5x ERLL 9S isn't bad at all. Trades a bit of range (it's still 878m, which isn't bad) for a 5th ERLL and reasonable heat management as a long range sniper. I might use it in CW.

Gauss + LLs - not bad either.

It's not as bad as I expected. The Grasshopper... hoping it loses some suck with elites.

#126 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

View PostTasker, on 19 March 2015 - 08:25 AM, said:

Runs like an 8 ton T-Bolt that isn't very good.

Not as bad as grasshopper, though. What a **** mech.

I've been pretty happy with mine. Well, happy with two of them, anyways. Then again, that could be the Steiner bias and a healthy dose of denial. I still want to make a Steiner CW deck, but I'll need to elite these guys out first to see which is best fitted for that.

I'm thinking it will probably be this one:

ZEU-9S
3ERLL, 3ML, AMS, BAP

There's been quite a few times when the extra buff on that CT has kept me trucking with that ERLL poking away.

Granted, this thing obviously isn't a super meta mech like the 4N, but I think (once the 4N gets hit with the inevitable Clanwhinenerf) this one might have longevity.

Right now, I'd love to build a drop deck with the following: Atlas, Zeus, BJ (because it's the only one that fits the weight), and a Commando. [edit: And I'm aware that the Atlas and Commando are not exactly "game winners" in CW, but they are flavorful and the only reason I'm playing this game over the myriad of other shooters is because of my attachment to the Battletech universe cultivated over 3+ decades. But I still don't want a deck that will actively hurt my team, so I want that deck to be as helpful as possible]

Edited by Dawnstealer, 20 March 2015 - 08:51 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users