42 replies to this topic

#21 Khanesh Loral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:07 AM

View PostStealth Raptor, on 06 March 2015 - 09:05 AM, said:

at least it is beta for now. we can work out our differences and hit each other while the map means nothing. after the map resets we can shake hands, say gg, and move onto the bigger threat

I agree wholeheartedly. And after I learn a few tricks from pwnface and you guys, I promise I will do my best to ignore Tasker on the forums, lol.

#22 Faith McCarron

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:46 AM

Everyone *assumes* there will be a map reset

#23 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 09:54 AM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 06 March 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

Considering that CW is still in BETA stages, it's practically a given.

View PostKhanesh Loral, on 06 March 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

... I promise I will do my best to ignore Tasker on the forums, lol.

One can't really ignore him (das no nice, meng). You gotta treat him like we all treat Scoops: Leg him :P hehe

Edited by Novawrecker, 06 March 2015 - 09:58 AM.

#24 Crockdaddy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

View PostFaith McCarron, on 06 March 2015 - 09:46 AM, said:

Russ mentions it specifically in this last town hall several times.

#25 Vlad Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:49 AM

True. He also mentioned that he wasn't considering it in previous town halls, so grains of salt. It seems like it will probably end up being a very "Do the players want it? Yes/No" kind of thing. Personally, I think resets that aren't absolutely necessary due to significant changes in game mechanics are nonsense. But I'm sure it'll be voted in anyways if only because "Clans OP" or whatever other nonsense weak players are using to justify their consistent losses over the past 4 months.

Edited by Vlad Ward, 06 March 2015 - 10:50 AM.

#26 InRev

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 06 March 2015 - 10:51 AM

We voted for war, got our asses kicked and should have stopped then and there and learned from the mistake.

Why we started pushing again a few days ago after it was pretty damn clear we didn't have the manpower or the talent to carry the fight, I have no clue. We should have cut our losses and rebuilt our morale elsewhere instead of slamming our heads into a red brick wall because of damaged pride.

We definitely screwed the pooch and squandered a salvageable position around Terra.

Oh well, I'll keep on dropping and fighting, even though it seems a pretty foolhardy task at this point.

#27 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 11:08 AM

View PostVlad Ward, on 06 March 2015 - 10:49 AM, said:

True. He also mentioned that he wasn't considering it in previous town halls, so grains of salt. It seems like it will probably end up being a very "Do the players want it? Yes/No" kind of thing. Personally, I think resets that aren't absolutely necessary due to significant changes in game mechanics are nonsense. But I'm sure it'll be voted in anyways if only because "Clans OP" or whatever other nonsense weak players are using to justify their consistent losses over the past 4 months.

Funny how Davion lose so many planets yet have no clan front? Meanwhile, Kurita have so many clan fronts but holding OK.

Clan Davion front
Clan Marik front
Clan Furry front
Clan Other Furry front
Clan Toilet Seat Bear front

so many clan front...

#28 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 March 2015 - 12:51 PM

If there is actually a vote on the map reset, then it is in no way certain to happen. I doubt many Clanners will want to reset their progress, nor will Liao be too eager to have their borders shifted back to their original position. Maybe Steiner and Davion would like it. Maybe the FRR would "need" it. But I think the balance might be in favour of keeping it.

But I do think launching on Steam with one of the Factions already down to just it's capitol would be a bad idea.

#29 Kifferson von doober

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

I think there were a lot of factors at play when it came to the war vote.
I applaud illithi for his vision with the nsl but all these "soft" ceasefires left us without an attack front we knew we were allowed to wade in on. This is just my feelings on the matter but we seemed to lose direction a bit.
I know what your gonna say though "why don't we just all go defend the northern states against the clans all night" and we did. but not all the time, problem is that this game mode seems to favor attack over defence and an uncoordinated defence just means getting farmed by comp teams.
With the wormhole project i think we should have just handed the planets back without argument but we were quite attached to the idea of the great wall of space bacon and REALLY didn't want to lose the progress we'd made.
I belong to the same unit as khanesh and mpoo and voted against the war but will definately stick around to fight it, this is a wargame after all.
Luthien was a problem for me and i think the real consequenses of this forum war. i stayed out of it entirely, mostly as i thought that if things did go south and luthien fell the forums would erupt with qq over marik teams being rubbish or throwing matches. so i sat that whole thing out and i doubt i was the only one, you would have had a lot more support if things were friendlier.

As to the lovely shooting war we now have, i for one am really enjoying it!
without the forum shiteposting i don't think we'd be doing this at all, it would have calmed down eventually but a good fight is always more fun! so Thankyou NKVA! my burgeoning c-bill balance salutes you..... o7

just read this thing over and while it says kinda what i wanted to say it reads like crap!! been a long time since i wrote a letter!

#30 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:19 PM

View PostKhanesh Loral, on 06 March 2015 - 09:07 AM, said:

I agree wholeheartedly. And after I learn a few tricks from pwnface and you guys, I promise I will do my best to ignore Tasker on the forums, lol.

You guys should just switch factions to House Kurita, where we teach and share daily our secret mechwarrior-jutsu techniques. I'd like to think a large part of our success is the willingness for each HK unit to adopt tactics and strategies that have been successful with other units. One unit can say, "Hey this works really well for us, you guys should try it" and then when we get into a mixed group everyone is already familiar with what we are doing.

#31 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:26 PM

View PostKifferson von doober, on 06 March 2015 - 01:16 PM, said:

With the wormhole project i think we should have just handed the planets back without argument but we were quite attached to the idea of the great wall of space bacon and REALLY didn't want to lose the progress we'd made.
I belong to the same unit as khanesh and mpoo and voted against the war but will definately stick around to fight it, this is a wargame after all.

This is the entire reason Marik has become the target of our forum PvP warriors and currently the victim of the DCMS onslaught. I respect all the Marik players who voted against going to war with Kurita and have to laugh at the Marik and Davion pilots who took the fact that we were reaching out in peace as a sign of weakness.

Someday perhaps, Kurita, Marik, and Davion may have peaceful borders again but for now we will enjoy taking your lunch money.

#32 Khanesh Loral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:33 PM

:) Kiffer and Mp

View Postpwnface, on 06 March 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

This is the entire reason Marik has become the target of our forum PvP warriors and currently the victim of the DCMS onslaught. I respect all the Marik players who voted against going to war with Kurita and have to laugh at the Marik and Davion pilots who took the fact that we were reaching out in peace as a sign of weakness.

Someday perhaps, Kurita, Marik, and Davion may have peaceful borders again but for now we will enjoy taking your lunch money.

Kiffer and MP00 are less hotheaded than me, lol. But yeah pwn, maybe. Personally, I know I've been really vocal lately, but that's genuinely because I am having fun. Once someone with more brass on his shoulders decides to stop this, I'm sure I'm gonna get a severe tongue lashing for being vocal, lol.

#33 Kifferson von doober

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in England

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:35 PM

View Postpwnface, on 06 March 2015 - 01:26 PM, said:

I have to say that i do respect kurita pilots skills if not their ettiquette and you'll have to try alot harder than that to get my lunch money!

View PostKhanesh Loral, on 06 March 2015 - 01:33 PM, said:

:) Kiffer and Mp

Kiffer and MP00 are less hotheaded than me, lol. But yeah pwn, maybe. Personally, I know I've been really vocal lately, but that's genuinely because I am having fun. Once someone with more brass on his shoulders decides to stop this, I'm sure I'm gonna get a severe tongue lashing for being vocal, lol.

I'm sure stingray and fox'll go easy if we're not being ******** khan :)

#34 Khanesh Loral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

View PostKifferson von doober, on 06 March 2015 - 01:35 PM, said:

I have to say that i do respect kurita pilots skills if not their ettiquette and you'll have to try alot harder than that to get my lunch money!

I'm sure stingray and fox'll go easy if we're not being ******** khan :)

I haven't been. Been giving credit where credit is due. A couple of playful swipes at pwn and a few others. Tasker's the only one I use harsh language with, but he deserves it.

Edited by Khanesh Loral, 06 March 2015 - 01:41 PM.

#35 LoklanZFG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationWraeclast

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:12 PM

View PostKhanesh Loral, on 06 March 2015 - 08:36 AM, said:

Yeah, he has ragged on me a bit for my vocal support for war. But we are still cool. TBH, Mariks, Davs, and Kuritas all have had some rough patches. Look at you guys Pre-December. You were terribad. Davion was king of the hill. Then we were. Now you are. The diplo's adapt to the changing situations, lol. Or at least the good ones like MP. :)

Don't confuse terribad with terri-outnumbered. This is an important distinction that I see people failing to make time and time again. We have been frustrated with the overall results on a planet many many times in CW, but our match results are typically very satisfying. The HK loyalist units we have are pretty damn good, and that's how we weathered the storm. Kicking ass was the life preserver we clung to until we got our numbers up, both in-House and with some great merc allies

#36 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 06 March 2015 - 03:43 PM

View Postpwnface, on 06 March 2015 - 01:19 PM, said:

... where we teach and share daily our secret mechwarrior-jutsu techniques.

I'm stating it clear right now: We are not sharing the PFC recipes wif anyone. Dun care what merc/faction unit dey be

;)

#37 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 06 March 2015 - 04:42 PM

View PostNovawrecker, on 06 March 2015 - 03:43 PM, said:

I'm stating it clear right now: We are not sharing the PFC recipes wif anyone. Dun care what merc/faction unit dey be

;)

If we share our recipe with Marik, would it be cannibalism?
Posted Image

#38 Wingbreaker

Troubadour

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 1,724 posts
  • LocationThe city that care forgot

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:20 PM

View PostProphetic, on 06 March 2015 - 04:42 PM, said:

If we share our recipe with Marik, would it be cannibalism?
Posted Image

Why is mighty flappy bird not green?!

#39 Prophetic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 750 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, USA

Posted 06 March 2015 - 05:45 PM

View PostWingbreaker, on 06 March 2015 - 05:20 PM, said:

Why is mighty flappy bird not green?!

This one spray paint itself to avoid immediate capture and initiation into deep fryer.
Could be any color underneath but PFC corporate prefer purple bird not potential sick plague infested flying rat.

Edited by Prophetic, 06 March 2015 - 05:45 PM.

#40 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 07 March 2015 - 12:21 PM

The most important piece I saw mentioned in this thread was "having fun". If we can keep the rivalry and forum pvp fun and not take ourselves too seriously then good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users