Summoner B With Or Without Artemis Iv

8 replies to this topic

#1 Rattler85

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 06:32 AM

I am debating taking the Artemis IV off of my Summoner B and putting in a NARC with 1 ton of ammunition. Artemis is good for the LRMs, but is wasted on the SRM-4s.

Both use 2 LRM-15s with 4-5 tons of ammunition and 2 SRM-4s with 2 tons of ammunition for when things get close or something with ECM gets close.

The build with Artemis IV:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fe2db32ab0bdd6e

The build without Artemis IV:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b7dad54c9f9b6cd

#2 Dakkaface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 226 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:35 PM

I wouldn't use either, personally.

My Summoner-B is set up with five cSRM-6's. In that case, Yes, Artemis. The 6-packs need the spread reduction, and you'll always get use out of it. My Summoner Prime, when I had it outfitted as an LRM mech, didn't use it. Aside from the one torso mount, which you aren't even using, all of the missile points on the SMN are mounted so low that it really forces you to expose a lot of your mech to get the Artemis benefit, so really, it's pretty situational aside from your SRMs.

And NARC is so slow-moving that you're really only going to hit with it at SRM ranges. At which point, why bother firing the the LRM's, you're going to want to pound that sucker with SRMs. I mean, I can see the niche use in hitting a skirmisher that can outrun you, but as a 93kph heavy you only need to worry about very fast mediums and IS lights since you are going to outpace practically everything else.

I'd ditch Artemis and NARC, move one of the LRM's to the shoulder mount, and have one arm double up on the SRMs for more brawl. Like this. But then you can tell I prefer brawling. Personally I'd ditch the AMS's and mount three extra heat sinks, but since you have more of a bracket build you probably don't run as hot as my SRM30 Summoner.

#3 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:50 AM

5 Streak SRM-4 is immensely nasty reload is good and with modules (CD and Range) reach is out to almost 400m

Add on Active Prob to cut ECM crap when closer and makes for a real nasty mech.

Use as a flanker harrasser the jump jets and decent speed allow this really good. Use with JJ to get in spots the enemy is not looking and just hose they start turning jump away. My Summoner 5 streak SRM4 was just devastating. Something like below but be sure to get modules to support it. As for ghost heat on SSRM's its barely anything so no worries.

SMN-B (Blunder Streak)

Edited by Mad Ox, 11 March 2015 - 06:53 AM.

#4 Voivode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:57 AM

You should probably wait until after the patch on the 17th because the Summoner is getting a quirk pass and you may find a different build more suitable.

#5 Tahribator

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,565 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:02 AM

I'd suggest you to avoid mixed SRM/LRM builds, because you'll suck at doing both. Either go all-out for an LRM boat or an SRM brawler.

On the issue of Artemis, my experiences are the other way around. For Clan LRMs, the Artemis is almost worthless since the missiles come out and hit as a stream, giving the enemy chance to twist and spread damage. A tighter missile spread won't mean much when the enemy can simply twist when being LRM'd. The only advantage you'd get out of Artemis for LRMs is 50% less lock-on time.

For Clan SRMs though, the Artemis is almost mandatory. Clan SRMs spread much more than their IS counterparts, so without Artemis they suck at focusing damage.

#6 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 11 March 2015 - 07:20 AM

As for your original question. Artemis is worth it even with SRM 4 trust me without it wasted tons of ammo trying to take out a disconnected Dire wolf. But all depends on situation usually quirks to make one better then other.

Your narc idea I have tried and frankly NARC is just to dang heavy for the occasional use bang for buck is a TAG but you can't equip it so ehh. Narc just isn't worth it unless you got tonnage to burn which Summoner doesn't.

LRM15 is okay but need a good chunk of ammo to keep it going 2 tons for each rack is not enough to last a battle. thats basically 24 shots a launcher which disappears fast. Like 107 seconds of up time not enough in 15 minute game. My rule of thumb for LRM's is 1 ton at least per multiple of 5. Which will be hard to pull with Summoner, tonnage is limited.

So recommend the following changes Use LRM10's and switch to Streak 4's:
- LRM10 mean little more tonnage and slightly slower expendature of ammo but at same time LESS ammo wasted when they get behind cover on you. Basically extends your effective time.

- Streak 4 not only same tonnage as SRM4+Art but bonus very ammo efficent wont fire without a lock on so no wasted shots. Also great for dealing with lights

Would also recommend moving LRM or Streak into shoulder gives you something to do if Arms get blasted off. Also could switch to SSRM2 get three put one in shoulder and give ya 1 more ton to put toward ammo. Or get rid of ART and get another SSRM4. Artemis does help but unless direst firing not that huge a help.

Here is basic LRM10 and SSRM4

SMN-B (LRM10+art and Streak4)

Edited by Mad Ox, 11 March 2015 - 07:22 AM.

#7 Voivode

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 08:24 AM

View PostTahribator, on 11 March 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

I'd suggest you to avoid mixed SRM/LRM builds, because you'll suck at doing both. Either go all-out for an LRM boat or an SRM brawler.

I run quite a few builds that mix them and they work quite well.

Being an SRM brawler with an LRM option is nice because you can spend time earlier in the match lobbing LRMs that hinder the other teams movement, and more importantly save your armor for when the brawling really starts. Here's my Pretty Baby build that does just that and consistently hammers out the damage.

Being an LRM spammer with an SRM option gives you more punch up close than a few medium lasers will, though there certainly is a weight cost that is considerably higher in that instance. Because I love my Awesome's, here's an example of that in the 8R.

Edited by Voivode, 11 March 2015 - 08:25 AM.

#8 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:00 PM

View PostTahribator, on 11 March 2015 - 07:02 AM, said:

On the issue of Artemis, my experiences are the other way around. For Clan LRMs, the Artemis is almost worthless since the missiles come out and hit as a stream, giving the enemy chance to twist and spread damage. A tighter missile spread won't mean much when the enemy can simply twist when being LRM'd. The only advantage you'd get out of Artemis for LRMs is 50% less lock-on time.

That is why you brawl with Clan LRMs. stay around 200-500 meters and wreck face.

#9 InspectorG

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:04 PM

5xASRM6

Or 2ERML and LRM40

Brawling with C-lrm? Dunno, jump snipe them 200m away?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users