• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:45 AM

View PostMycrus, on 15 March 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

Why the merc hate?

You need mercs, attacking kurita with just the loyalists was a mistake.

bwc / seraphim rotated back to marik + other mercs like aces are coming to help... not to mention ms and ci that are hitting kurita from other fronts as well...

Coincide with PHL shifting to steiner leaves kurita weak during eu timezone... the only sizeable merc unit left in kurita oceanic is DSA...

Question is, what is your agenda? Why insult the help given you? Marik loyalists alone do not have the active numbers to fight kurita.
the mercs come and fight and then move to the next house/clan. Friends today, enemies tomorrow and yet there is nothing in the game from returning yet again. Its a huge oversight by pgi to not prevent that even in the beta stage. I don't hate aces for being mercs, but I dont need to welcome them either. Temporarily helping isn't helpful since the moment they leave, the enemies will return. If you'd like an example of this type of failure in action, just watch middle eastern news. As for an agenda, I dont have one past pointing out aces flawed post that asked marik into the ngng ts

#42 SteelWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:20 AM

View PostTimelordwho, on 15 March 2015 - 08:24 PM, said:

Marik wants the inter IS fighting to end when marik sets up a defensive perimeter around Terra. At that point, we won't risk the clans pushing into davion like a hot knife through butter and, and can afford mercs helping Steiner to hold without worrying as much about the random Kurita land grabs. Ideally we'd have pushed up to have a clan front, but for selfish reasons, the path was removed. Marik is a second home to many merc orgs; we welcome their stay.

Can i get some of the black market drug that your smoking. MARIK IS UNFIT to be numbero UNO against the clans. This has been proven already (the part where we kicked you in the face and completely demoralized your entire faction on day 3 of the war YOU started (AGAIN)).. Its a blessing, praise be to dear coordinator that Kurita had the wisdom to close the worm hole or else the clans would of won already.

Ive said it 3 times in here already but ill say it again, MERCS working for the southern houses = waste o time (for everyone.)

And i dont blame Giest, hes completely right, the second ACES wants to go circle jerk somewhere else, Marik is going to be left paying the bill (which is kind of similar to what happened when MS attacked out from the worm hole, leading to the closing of it, that again, Marik paid the bill).

#43 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:14 AM

View PostMycrus, on 15 March 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

Why the merc hate?

You need mercs, attacking kurita with just the loyalists was a mistake.

bwc / seraphim rotated back to marik + other mercs like aces are coming to help... not to mention ms and ci that are hitting kurita from other fronts as well...

Coincide with PHL shifting to steiner leaves kurita weak during eu timezone... the only sizeable merc unit left in kurita oceanic is DSA...

Question is, what is your agenda? Why insult the help given you? Marik loyalists alone do not have the active numbers to fight kurita.

merc pig go home.

Marik wants the inter IS fighting to end when marik sets up a defensive perimeter around Terra. At that point, we won't risk the clans pushing into davion like a hot knife through butter and, and can afford mercs helping Steiner to hold without worrying as much about the random Kurita land grabs. Ideally we'd have pushed up to have a clan front, but for selfish reasons, the path was removed. Marik is a second home to many merc orgs; we welcome their stay.

lmao how in the world can you believe any of this nonsense

#44 Mycrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:15 AM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 16 March 2015 - 03:13 AM, said:

merc pig go home.

Dear Coordinator asks, "Why not piggu?"

Ha ha ha ha

#45 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:48 AM

View PostMycrus, on 16 March 2015 - 03:15 AM, said:

Dear Coordinator asks, "Why not piggu?"

Ha ha ha ha

seems a little racist to me

#46 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:07 AM

Land grab? Your joking right? Not sure if you noticed but the FWL has far more IS planets than some Clan Factions. You just don't have Kuritan planets and nor will you.

That hot clan knife was stopped. It would be largely reversed if you guys hadn't gone all gung HO save Terra propagandists nSL liars. We said no to the nSL as was our right we didn't break a pact with Marik, you did. We finally organized and got our crap together. Heck, I even made a strong push for a Davion cease fire. However Marik told Davion, no brah ... we got this, remember Wazan! Davion was like ... maybe brah maybe so. So Davion seeing Kuritan weakness said no. End result ... HK still took more Davion planets but not nearly so many as Marik took and Kurita did this while holding back clan units and in cases pushing them back.

If the nSL liars were serious about taking on the clans they would work to broker a peace with Kurita and be in Steiner territory or back in the FRR. Maybe they could have worked with NS to go directly to FRR and help give FRR a border again (we were more than willing and had it in our forums as a vote to go FRR when Marik decided to fight Kurita). Instead its more high minded nSL lies.

Edited by Crockdaddy, 16 March 2015 - 06:10 AM.

#47 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:18 AM

I still don't understand the save terra stuff. Anyone can defend inner sphere worlds, so terra is no safer in Marik's hands than it would be in Kurita or Davion or Steiner's hands. Nor would it be less safe: when davion held terra, it was exactly as well defended as it is today because Top Kurita Mechwarriors could always drop in its defense.

Meanwhile even if this wasn't the case, Marik is bad at this game. if they were defending on their own terra would get taken in a single ceasefire. Everyone knows this, it's not even a controversial statement. The clans are strong and marik is weak. if you feel the need to paint terra in the color of the strongest inner sphere faction, you can't go wrong with red.

#48 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

As to the OP, thanks for offering, and glad to see the cooperation. We are certainly looking forward to dropping with ACES during your short tour here.

As to everybody else, the map is going to be reset. Mercs will move around. People make enemies and friends. I will not speak of entire factions being weak, because that also hurts the community of the players who enjoy this game.

In fact, Kurita has put up some of the best fights we have seen, and our guys enjoy the challenge. We have spent several of our resources defending against clans....and although it is fun, the rewards gained are not as much.

Also, would like to mention that some of the groups we dropped against had been very friendly, and we have met the opposing forces with kind. You can ask any of the members I drop with, and they state that we are better players for it.

I have stated this before, but I will not be burning bridges with anybody, and will keep up comms with everybody. Regardless on how many other foreign factions players will flood Shimmering Sword's post with a few QQ's. My respect with all factions are still at full.

#49 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:11 AM

View PostStingr4y, on 16 March 2015 - 10:06 AM, said:

As to the OP, thanks for offering, and glad to see the cooperation. We are certainly looking forward to dropping with ACES during your short tour here.

As to everybody else, the map is going to be reset. Mercs will move around. People make enemies and friends. I will not speak of entire factions being weak, because that also hurts the community of the players who enjoy this game.

In fact, Kurita has put up some of the best fights we have seen, and our guys enjoy the challenge. We have spent several of our resources defending against clans....and although it is fun, the rewards gained are not as much.

Also, would like to mention that some of the groups we dropped against had been very friendly, and we have met the opposing forces with kind. You can ask any of the members I drop with, and they state that we are better players for it.

I have stated this before, but I will not be burning bridges with anybody, and will keep up comms with everybody. Regardless on how many other foreign factions players will flood Shimmering Sword's post with a few QQ's. My respect with all factions are still at full.

Well that's fine if you want to fight us, but people who come on here and say "we need to protect Terra because Kurita can't and might steal our planets" need to get their **** straight.

#50 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:15 AM

Epic Space Bacon Wall. Ha Ha Ha Ha. Mead! Lol! Die, Marik.

#51 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:25 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 16 March 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

Well that's fine if you want to fight us, but people who come on here and say "we need to protect Terra because Kurita can't and might steal our planets" need to get their **** straight.

Well, there is nothing I can say to those RPers who want to chest beat. I am more focused on making sure the community of players within the factions can have a good time. RPers gonna RP. Trollers gonna troll. Hardcore gonna hardcore. There is nothing we can do or say to change these facts. In the meantime, just enjoy this beta version of CW. When this hits steam, just know that factions will dramatically change in fluctuating populations. Summer time, you gonna get the younger crowds who are your standard CoD players who will like the blinky lights. Sometime, there might be a few factions that might need eachother to help the massive change in populations.

Take that as it is.

#52 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:30 AM

The advocate of the criminal is rarely artist enough to use the terribleness of the crime to the criminal's advantage - Nietzsche

Basically, if you wanna fight and take stuff, man up and say so.

Edited by Musashi Alexander, 16 March 2015 - 10:31 AM.

#53 AdamBaines

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:31 AM

View PostStingr4y, on 16 March 2015 - 10:25 AM, said:

Well, there is nothing I can say to those RPers who want to chest beat. I am more focused on making sure the community of players within the factions can have a good time. RPers gonna RP. Trollers gonna troll. Hardcore gonna hardcore. There is nothing we can do or say to change these facts. In the meantime, just enjoy this beta version of CW. When this hits steam, just know that factions will dramatically change in fluctuating populations. Summer time, you gonna get the younger crowds who are your standard CoD players who will like the blinky lights. Sometime, there might be a few factions that might need eachother to help the massive change in populations. Take that as it is.

Stop it..just stop it Sting. Your making too much damn sense.

#54 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

In the end Kurita has no hope of beating the Clans without Davion help.

With Davion "help", there simply wouldn't be a Kurita. Better there be no Davions at all.

As for joining Marik in the name of "helping fight the Clans"?

Seriously? FRR. Kurita. Steiner. That's the Clan fronts. Marik decided to attack Kurita when they didn't have to in the victory of pride over common sense. If you're supporting League interests, break the Marik contract and go give the FRR some breathing room. The only reason to have a Marik contract is if you feel like attacking Kurita, not Clanners.

That won't end well.

#55 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:46 AM

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 16 March 2015 - 10:30 AM, said:

Basically, if you wanna fight and take stuff, man up and say so.

It isn't about taking stuff. It is about finding worthy opponents that can put up a good fight. I am not going to say Marik is worse, or Kurita is better. But like I have said before, some of our guys has had more fun fighting a good team of players lately.

#56 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:47 AM

View Postwanderer, on 16 March 2015 - 10:32 AM, said:

With Davion "help", there simply wouldn't be a Kurita. Better there be no Davions at all.

As for joining Marik in the name of "helping fight the Clans"?

Seriously? FRR. Kurita. Steiner. That's the Clan fronts. Marik decided to attack Kurita when they didn't have to in the victory of pride over common sense. If you're supporting League interests, break the Marik contract and go give the FRR some breathing room. The only reason to have a Marik contract is if you feel like attacking Kurita, not Clanners.

That won't end well.

it's an ill wind that blows nobody any good. We'll welcome any marik attacks. I really need to buy a couple new engines anyway

View PostStingr4y, on 16 March 2015 - 10:46 AM, said:

It isn't about taking stuff. It is about finding worthy opponents that can put up a good fight. I am not going to say Marik is worse, or Kurita is better. But like I have said before, some of our guys has had more fun fighting a good team of players lately.

i am. it's not a contest even, kurita dominates.

#57 Stingr4y

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:58 AM

View PostYCSLiesmith, on 16 March 2015 - 10:47 AM, said:

i am. it's not a contest even, kurita dominates.

Then Marik will keep playing someone who is better. I will play against opponents who are better than I am (which is about 98% of everybody) because playing against bad opponents is pretty much easymode.

Thanks for the challenges. Makes CW worth playing.

#58 Khanesh Loral

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:59 AM

View PostStingr4y, on 16 March 2015 - 10:58 AM, said:

Then Marik will keep playing someone who is better. I will play against opponents who are better than I am (which is about 98% of everybody) because playing against bad opponents is pretty much easymode.

Thanks for the challenges. Makes CW worth playing.

^^^^^This. Sting, get some more damn loyalists in TS though! What's happened to us boss? :P

#59 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:28 PM

The amount of anger aimed at 'mercenary units' is silly and unreasonable.

#60 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:42 PM

View PostDavers, on 16 March 2015 - 02:28 PM, said:

The amount of anger aimed at 'mercenary units' is silly and unreasonable.

The amount of anger, period, is stupid. CW is in Beta, the object is collecting colored dots that mean nothing atm. The population base is what, a few comp teams and the 20 or so PUGs who haven't completely been turned off by getting stomped? CW isn't gonna turn into whatever it is that some people want. It will continue to be a mix of Succession War and Clan Invasion and that's fine. I like fighting Kurita and Liao, I can drop on Steiner planets anytime I want to fight Clans and any notion that people need to change their attitudes about this state of things is counter-productive. Just jump in your mech and log into a planet. Then shoot the bad guys(whoever they are to you). That's it. We're pretending to drive giant robots and pew-pew each other. Let's not get all serious about this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users