Community Warfare Competitive Tier

60 replies to this topic

#21 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 March 2015 - 11:40 PM

@luxebo

I really wanted to include a grid iron and/or a hunchback 4G. Those mechs are both great in pugs. The problem is that I regularly run out of ammo with both of them in pug matches, and I feel like CW always requires much greater amounts of ammo.

#22 Kerc Kasha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:05 AM

These mechs ****** stink!!

#23 ManaValkyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 507 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:26 AM

I should point out that Eppy, is insanely good in some bizarre builds (Bizzare IMO) but doesn't invalidate the concept that just because it doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it cant work.

Personally although I play support in general matches, I won't personally presently play Missiles in CW. Mostly because I agree direct fire is much better especially when coordinated with effective ecm, cover and team strategy.

#24 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:05 AM

It's cool that people don't like the 4J. I can say that I leveled it up using a ridiculously ineffective build (6 flamers and 2 srm6s).This was for fun, not because I thought it was good. My lancemates can attest to how often I ran that.
Here is an example:
Posted Image

That being said, despite gimping this mech with a majority of trolling flamer build games, running it as a missile boat has changed my stats to:
Posted Image
Despite counting the times I ran this mech with flamers... it still has an average damage of over 500 per match. While it hasn't recovered to be my top KDR, it went from running 6 flamers... to having a 2.75 KDR. This mech might not be for you, but I bet some people can make it work (especially if some people in your group are better at this kind of mech). Anyway, that's just my personal view.

I'm surprised nobody comments on the firebrand. You don't see that on any other lists to my knoweldge:
Posted Image

#25 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:09 AM

No love for the 7MPL firestarter? I realize this isn't the current meta, but I think if coordinated teams picked up on its use that we could profit. It doesn't use standard light tactics, it's more like a steamrolling heavy with extreme speed.
Posted Image

Now ideally, once a mech is distracted for flanked you simply insta-kill, insta-leg, or insta-torso them. This leads to less damage but more kills: Notice the mechs with 0 damage. That's because the first thing they saw was a firestarter with 7 MPL.
Posted Image

Now you still have the cooling that if flanking isn't an option you still have great midrange cooling and alpha strikes. Going through the CT isn't the most efficient way with this mech, but it is a live option and leads to more impressive scores:Posted Image

Edited by Epydemic2020, 15 March 2015 - 09:20 AM.

#26 Kerc Kasha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:13 AM

are you seriously posting about solo and group queue justify your ****** builds supposedly designed for CW?

stop giving bad advice or better yet stop giving advice at all lest some poor idiot actually listen to you

#27 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:27 AM

are you seriously posting about solo and group queue justify your ****** builds supposedly designed for CW?

stop giving bad advice or better yet stop giving advice at all lest some poor idiot actually listen to you

I have some glitch that doesn't allow me to take screenshots since CW dropped (anybody else have this? It didn't create a new file for me under C:\Users\(YourWindowsUsername)\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\ScreenShots after the patch and even when I manually recreated it it still won't save any pictures for me there. I'm considering re-installing.)

I wish it did because some of those scores a way better example of the firestarter in action than these screenshots dare to demonstrate.

In CW, particularly on when the enemy light rushes or heavy rushes, the 7MPL assassin shines. I've killed an entire lance before in less than 30 seconds with it (they were Davions though so does that count?).

You may think my builds are stupid, but nobody complains about my damage or kills at the end of the games.

Edited by Epydemic2020, 15 March 2015 - 09:28 AM.

#28 Time Bandit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:30 AM

Ignore the NKVA, Ep.

#29 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 10:32 AM

View PostTime Bandit, on 15 March 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

Ignore the NKVA, Ep.

Time Bandit you are against the very idea of being competitive, i dont get why you would post in this thread. you play 'fun' mechs. which is fine, whatever, but this thread is selling the idea that garbage 'fun' mechs are competitive and even you know they aren't.

#30 Epydemic2020

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:03 AM

I found some screenshots, for some reason they saved under admin as opposed to my file.

In many of your defenses, the best of my best games do not include the hunchback 4J.

Here is the most recent game that does:
Posted Image

This was a Firestarter 9S (7MPL), Firestarter H (6 ML), Hunchback 4J (you know the one) and a Thunderbolt (7MPL).

P.S. Die Clanners.

Edited by Epydemic2020, 15 March 2015 - 11:04 AM.

#31 xiTzHale

• Pip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 15 posts
  • LocationStafford, England.

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:19 AM

"I have never personally dual crab dropped. But I know one pilot in particular that owns in the crab."

COUGH COUGH COUGH.

Feeling the love Epy <3

Edited by xiTzHale, 15 March 2015 - 11:20 AM.

#32 Samurai Hanse Davion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 12:25 PM

Let's See Time Bandit's Drop Deck.

[internal monologue]: Look at those subtle non-meta builds. The tasteful balance between front and rear armor. Oh my Coordinator; It even has a XL LRM Atlas.

#33 Ultra-Laser

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 298 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:29 PM

View PostSamurai Hanse Davion, on 15 March 2015 - 12:25 PM, said:

Let's See Time Bandit's Drop Deck.

[internal monologue]: Look at those subtle non-meta builds. The tasteful balance between front and rear armor. Oh my Coordinator; It even has a XL LRM Atlas.

Are you okay? Your hands are shaking.

#34 SA Baxter

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 04:43 PM

I am not good at this game but the builds you have posted are awful for CW and I hate myself.

#35 SA Baxter

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:05 PM

There are some good posts in this thread though and that does help with the hating myself thing.

Not the posts made by the bads, the NKVA ones.

#36 Devorum

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:16 PM

View PostSamurai Hanse Davion, on 14 March 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

I Am Disgusted By This List.

#37 GearBoxClock

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:26 PM

View PostSamurai Hanse Davion, on 14 March 2015 - 09:56 PM, said:

I Am Disgusted By This List.

#38 moderatepudding

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 147 posts
  • LocationThe Danger Zone

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:40 PM

You're trying to sell suboptimal mechs as being competitive and amazing and revolutionary. You might be good at the game and do well with them, but that doesn't magically make them worthwhile. I don't try to push my 3MPL/AC20/SRM12 founder's atlas on other people or argue that it's a good mech, because I know it's not actually very good

edit: it is very stylish tho

Edited by moderatepudding, 15 March 2015 - 05:42 PM.

#39 GearBoxClock

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 52 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:48 PM

View PostEpydemic2020, on 15 March 2015 - 09:27 AM, said:

I have some glitch that doesn't allow me to take screenshots since CW dropped (anybody else have this? It didn't create a new file for me under C:\Users\(YourWindowsUsername)\Saved Games\MechWarrior Online\ScreenShots after the patch and even when I manually recreated it it still won't save any pictures for me there. I'm considering re-installing.)

I wish it did because some of those scores a way better example of the firestarter in action than these screenshots dare to demonstrate.

In CW, particularly on when the enemy light rushes or heavy rushes, the 7MPL assassin shines. I've killed an entire lance before in less than 30 seconds with it (they were Davions though so does that count?).

You may think my builds are stupid, but nobody complains about my damage or kills at the end of the games.

I would totally show you how good I am but for some strange reason I cannot take screenshots. I'm probably too good for a mere screenshot to capture my skill

#40 Suzumiya Haruhi no Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 413 posts
  • Locationjapan

Posted 15 March 2015 - 05:54 PM

View PostTime Bandit, on 15 March 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

Ignore the NKVA, Ep.

You are a coward.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users