8 replies to this topic

#1 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:11 PM

So, I got a bit of time on my hands several days a week, I'm currently a student so I often find myself in the library doing homework, Yet my love for MechWarrior has prompted me to start working on a simi sort of manuscript for a book. if i'm totally honest. I will probably never publish it but I thought it'd be fun to bring up here.

my basic idea takes place at the end of the dark age, But links together several era's including the Star League.

So here's the basic idea, Doing the star league era, General Kerensky was asked to put together an expedition into deep deep space, far beyond the periphery and even outside of the milky way, the idea was to send some of the top tech's and science teams in the SLDF to develop new tech well searching for other forms of life (aliens) to protect them should the need arise, 5 warships and several battalions of SLDF Solders were sent to protect them. A prominent and promising military officer was put in command of the fleet.

now right before the fleet was supposed to take off the collapse of the SL started to seem more and more likely. (FYI, the mission these ships would be sent on was top secrete so very few even knew about it minus those directly involved)

Right before he would lead his own fleet into exile, Kerensky ordered the Science fleet launched in secrete in hopes that these people would be spared from the in-fighting that he was sure would come from the collapse of the SLDF. This fleet was given a remote long range data link to the Helm Memory core.

Once the fleet was sent underway, Kerensky deleted any reference to it from Helm to insure that no one, then or in the future would find the fleet and exploit it for there own selfish desires.

For years the fleet would burn on, going past the Milky way into what I call the “deep Periphery” it would take ruffly 80 years before the fleet would discover there new homes, Planets rich with new metals, minerals and almost earth like in there gravity ect.

However when the Fleet sent back a ship (a lone Jumpship) to deliver there report on the new worlds, they found the whole of the Inner sphere divided and in the second Succession wars (mind you the time line is totally up in the air as i'd have to make adjustments for the alignments to the time line.

When the ship returned and delivered it's report the Fleet decided to form there own government, which they dubbed the Republic of Axis.

Some in the new worlds decided that they wanted to go it there own way and formed the Independent Worlds Alliance (IWA) For the rest of the time between the second Succession wars, and the Dark age Axis and the IWA thrived, developing new tech from there new homes materials.

After an incident which I call the “pirate Wars” Axis is depleted of several resources and is debating returning to the Inner Sphere. Which is when the Dark age and the HPG blackout begins. At which point Axis works on a solution for the black out.

Fast forward to the end of the Dark age and Axis decides to send a small fleet (1 warship and 3 Jump ships) to the Inner Sphere to establish trade with the Inner Sphere nations in exchange for repairing the HPG net with there newly developed tech (mind you even with the advancements it would still take years but that's beyond the point)

Now what i'm working on is when Axis begins it's appearance in the Inner Sphere and is attacked by the unknown faction (if it has an official name please tell me) which caused the HPG blackout to begin with.

What i'm wondering is if people would be interested in pitching new idea's for new Mech's (or upgrades to older one's) Now mind you that because these were some of the very best science teams and tech's in the inner sphere. The Axis tech is (in my mind) at least 5 years ahead of the Clans and maybe 8 years ahead of Dark age Inner Sphere. So the field is fairly open for new types of weapons.

And that's my idea in a nut shell.

If this gets enough interest from people then I might post a bit from my work. But I just want to know if starting a whole new faction and introducing them into the Inner Sphere would be of interest

So feel free to tell me what you think, or even post idea's for new Mech's and weapons that might fit with this idea if you want.

Also. I apologize for a few misspelled words, It's late and i'm recovering from surgery so my brain's kinda temporally turned down.

Once again. Idea's or comments welcome, Just dont be a jerk about it!

Note, apologies for the size change on the text. I had to use my word program because for some reason if I type too long on the forums my keyboard starts lagging if that's the right word for it and typing takes twice as long.

#2 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

Sounds pretty cool, could be a great story. My suggestion is simply this - if you think you have a cool story and it inspires you, write it :)

But don't let the school work suffer for it :P

#3 Bill Bullet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 354 posts
  • LocationHiding from the Maskirovka

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:27 PM

Hey post your ideas as they come to you in the Fan Fiction area, lotta talented folks out there happy to offer support, constructive criticism, and ideas!

#4 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:28 PM

I cant afford to let my school work suffer for it bro. Lol. I'm busting my @ss because my dream is to become a stunt pilot. So I cant let my GPA slip even a little bit.

Here's an idea that popped into my head for a new weapon. Ultra LBX-10-AC's. Think of like an AA12 for a mech.

#5 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 16 March 2015 - 11:38 PM

Hyper velocity rotary gauss with powder acceleration. Like a HAG (?) missile rifle hybrid, hyper velocity with powderburn to extend the very range and light capacitor requirement, ultra5 style ammo weight and damage. Advanced ceramic composites mean low unladen weight.

Edited by HimseIf, 16 March 2015 - 11:39 PM.

#6 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:57 PM

PPC+Artemis. Like clan PPC but a ton heavier, the extra ton is equipment to polarize the PPC to seek NARC beacons. Requires lock-on to sync for seeking ability, without lock acts as normal PPC.

(Having never seen a PPC in real life i don't even know if this would work in reality)

Edited by HimseIf, 24 March 2015 - 04:58 PM.

#7 HimseIf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Visekorporal
  • 270 posts
  • LocationAotearoa

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:58 PM

Pizza cutter. Throws sawmill blades like an italian spinning a pizza using magnetic pulse like the gauss but lighter. Effective against infantry, tanks, marginal against aircraft.
Grappling hook winch with spikes. A huge fist made of spikes that fires a hook on a wire rope. Grabs tanks and 'mechs and pulls them in against the spiky fist. Short ranged. Hopeless against aircraft and not very useful against footsoldiers.

Edited by HimseIf, 24 March 2015 - 08:59 PM.

#8 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 April 2015 - 11:46 PM

I'd like to thank everyone who's posted ideas on this, i'm going to work on a short story (Maybe 5 chapters) and post it soon to give a 'feel' for my setting, look for it in the Fan-Fiction area, I'm planning on introducing a few new mech's Called the "Shrek-Bat" SRK-B1A and Iron-Kong (IRK-5A) look forword to it.

#9 Knightshadowsong

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 290 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:06 AM

Just posted the first chapter of my ruff draft here: http://mwomercs.com/...he-pirate-wars/.

Feel free to read it over and tell me what you think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users