#41 CrushLibs

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 546 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:50 AM

View PostMolossian Dog, on 17 March 2015 - 11:35 AM, said:

You are just a lowly player.

Don´t ever think of using differently coloured text.

Apparently it is considered heresy.

I tried to be lazy and C&P that from smurfy but MWO didn't like that

#42 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:53 AM

View Poststjobe, on 17 March 2015 - 10:53 AM, said:

I guess starting out with a 50-50 win chance is unthinkable for the proud Clan warriors?

I seem to recall the Clans having a 90% win rate when first released, and the latest figure I saw was 73% IIRC.

It was actually 64% which was right in line with elo predictions.

#43 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:53 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 17 March 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

OK, I don't usually do this but this stupid idea keeps getting regurgitated with no critical thought behind it.

Its time for caps lock.

THE REASON IS BECAUSE PLAYERS LIKE MYSELF OWN BOTH FACTION'S MECHS WERE SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT IF WE WANTED CBILLS DURING IS VS. CLAN TESTS THAT WE SHOULD PLAY OUR CLAN MECHS FOR HIGH WINRATE.

Sorry.

They turned it on so briefly I doubt anyone had time to "game the system" to take advantage.

The biggest factor was they did that test literally RIGHT after the first quirk pass. Virtually none of the more popular quirk builds were in common play yet and there have been additional passes since then destroying some of those builds and creating others.

#44 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:55 AM

View PostUltimatum X, on 17 March 2015 - 11:47 AM, said:

OK, I don't usually do this but this stupid idea keeps getting regurgitated with no critical thought behind it.

Its time for caps lock.

THE REASON IS BECAUSE PLAYERS LIKE MYSELF OWN BOTH FACTION'S MECHS WERE SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT IF WE WANTED CBILLS DURING IS VS. CLAN TESTS THAT WE SHOULD PLAY OUR CLAN MECHS FOR HIGH WINRATE.

Sorry.

What are you on about? Nothing you just said refutes what I said if anything it illustrates what I said. Clan Elo > IS Elo during test = higher win percentage for Clans. Using those test to try and prove a point like stjobe did is silly at best in particular when it showed the balance between Clan and IS was a great deal closer when properly examined than what the percentages superficially showed.

#45 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:58 AM

View PostKain Thul, on 17 March 2015 - 11:38 AM, said:

IS 'mechs generally have more space so that HAS to be case. How many heavies do we have the can field dual gauss? How many does the IS field?

I rest my case.

I count 3 dual-guass capable chassis out of 35 total chassis for IS.

2 dual-guass chassis out of 13 total chassis for clan. 3 dual-guass if you include the Mad Dog.

I think the Clans are winning.

#46 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:09 PM

View PostRavensScar, on 17 March 2015 - 11:58 AM, said:

2 dual-guass chassis out of 13 total chassis for clan. 3 dual-guass if you include the Mad Dog.

If we are counting the Mad Dog than we might as well count every 'mech that can remove half of its armor and still only get 4 tons of ammo as a capable "dual gauss 'mech". Once again the non customization of clan 'mechs shows a weakness here--if you could remove the 2 unnecessary hard locked engine DHS you could at least max your armor out and bring 4 tons ammo. As it is though Dual Gauss Mad Dog is not a real thing.

In reality, we have just two and they are both assaults, the Warhawk and Dire Wolf. Doing it in the Warhawk is pretty dumb because you have 20 DHS locked that are just wasted but it CAN do dual gauss, enough ammo, and a CERLL if you really HAD to have dual gauss.

The IS has:

King Crab
Jagermech
Catapult
Cataphract

Edited by Kain Thul, 17 March 2015 - 12:10 PM.

#47 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

The only Clan mech that can comfortably run dual gauss is the Dire Wolf. Everything else only runs single gauss, unless you strip away almost all the armor, and even then, you still don't have enough ammo.

#48 Parnage Winters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 414 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

lol dual gauss mad dogs. I laughed. I laughed hard. Let's all agree that load outs that are at best "for laughs builds" don't count. If this is not the case I move to point out the ac20 Raven is far too strong.

Posted Image

#49 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:52 PM

View PostAresye, on 17 March 2015 - 12:27 PM, said:

The only Clan mech that can comfortably run dual gauss is the Dire Wolf. Everything else only runs single gauss, unless you strip away almost all the armor, and even then, you still don't have enough ammo.

Well the Warhawk can comfortably run it but its kind of a waste of 10 locked heatsinks.

That being said one the C is available for cbills you can get 2x gauss + 2x CERMLAS with a lot of ammo.

#50 F4T 4L

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:14 PM

View PostCutterWolf, on 17 March 2015 - 10:45 AM, said:

Dear PGI,

It has come to my fellow Clansmen that our Mechs are entirely too OP for the IS to handle even with IS mechs currently out classing our mechs on several levels due to quirks. So in the interest of fair play we would like to suggest the following action(s). First we believe that 10 Clan mech vs 12 IS mechs for CW would not produce the winning % the IS needs. Neither do we believe that the -20% speed when losing a side torso would also produce the winning % the IS needs either. They would help push it in the right direction but just not to where it needs to be.

We feel that by reducing the totally OP nature of how our Clan mechs move is the best way to get to that magic winning % for the IS. So we are petitioning you to start all Clan mechs as "legged" in every match. We feel this is the next logical step and if that still does not produce the needed win % we would like to suggest restricting all Clan mechs to machine guns only.

Thanks!

Thx. Very amusing.

Edit: is that a train I hear approaching?

Edited by F4T 4L, 17 March 2015 - 01:16 PM.

#51 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:18 PM

View PostParnage, on 17 March 2015 - 12:30 PM, said:

lol dual gauss mad dogs. I laughed. I laughed hard. Let's all agree that load outs that are at best "for laughs builds" don't count. If this is not the case I move to point out the ac20 Raven is far too strong.

Posted Image

The thing is, that dual gauss Mad Dog, is a canon build from TT, right in TRO 3050, and it's actually rather mean, since you know in TT, mechs have half the armour points that they do here...

#52 ColdPsyker1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 01:35 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 17 March 2015 - 01:18 PM, said:

The thing is, that dual gauss Mad Dog, is a canon build from TT, right in TRO 3050, and it's actually rather mean, since you know in TT, mechs have half the armour points that they do here...

Please do not bring tabletop into this discussion. This game IS NOT tabletop.

If you bring up that, I can bring up how your IS mechs should all be rocking standard heat sinks and way less armor than max too. Oh, and no endo-steel for you either.
We will get into a debate that is pretty much beating a dead horse considering how many threads there are about this.

Can we just agree that certain mechs in their tabletop configuration are viable for mech warrior online (like the stock stormcrow), and other mechs in their tabletop configuration are not viable for mech warrior online (like said Mad dog or a hunchback 4g with only 2 tons of ammo)

Edited by ColdPsyker1, 17 March 2015 - 01:36 PM.

#53 Christof Romulus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 898 posts
  • LocationAS7-D(F), GRF-1N(P)

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:15 PM

PETITION TO FORCE ALL CLAN MECHS TO START OUT LEGGED

Whelp, I like a challenge so I play Inner Sphere, but if you're looking for a challenge too, more power to you.

#Signed

#54 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 609 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:20 PM

/signed

#55 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:25 PM

Signed.

#56 Kenyon Burguess

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationNE PA USA

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:31 PM

View PostCrushLibs, on 17 March 2015 - 11:33 AM, said:

.......but its clan so it should have a small advantage.
not a valid reason for anything related to balance in this game. if you don't understand why, then you deserve the tears you are expending.

#57 CutterWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 658 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 06:18 PM

OP now updated

#58 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

Hmm...

KGC
JM6 (x4)
K2
ENF
CTF (x3)
BJ

Where did you get less than 11?

BJ1: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c39e192606262b2

ENF-5P: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5181c69303d7704

Edited by Gyrok, 17 March 2015 - 09:19 PM.

#59 Hayashi

Snowflake

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,395 posts
  • Location輝針城

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:42 PM

Why are people even talking about dualgauss in the first place? Gauss was so 2014.

uACs and (Pulse) Lasers are far more powerful in the right hands.

#60 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:55 PM

View PostGyrok, on 17 March 2015 - 09:18 PM, said:

Hmm...

KGC
JM6 (x4)
K2
ENF
CTF (x3)
BJ

Where did you get less than 11?

BJ1: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c39e192606262b2

ENF-5P: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5181c69303d7704

If you're counting the Blackjack and the Enforcer for IS, the Mad Dog and Timber Wolf definitely count for Clans. Both of them capable of running dual gauss with more armour, speed and ammo than either of builds you linked to.

So if we're talking total number of dual-guass capable variants, that gives clans 16.

Edit: Forgot the Hellbringer. So make that 19. Hell. of we're stripping armour, I'm sure you could make a dual-gauss Summoner as well.

Edited by RavensScar, 18 March 2015 - 12:02 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users