#1 TuntematonSika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 122 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPig with an identity crisis.

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:52 PM

To be quite frank, my jagermech now looks worse than the catapult. There was no bloody need to change her! Maybe for the lasers but the ballistics were absolutely unnecessary. I thought my AC/2's were machine guns and the AC/5's being AC/2's!

If you wanted to change them, at least upscale them! Actually, upscale all the new ballistic geometries!

#2 killectry

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMoselle

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:56 AM

Same feeling here, after the patch I took a look at my Jagermechs and it really looks ridiculous now. My triple UAC5 JM6-DD is no more impressive, and the gausses on my JM6-S just look like small water pistols...

Please, bring the display back or make the weapons look more agressive !

#3 Svarn Lornon

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 93 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:11 AM

Yeah i totally agree. Everything from AC10 upwards is kinda ok (alotugh the Gauss is to short) but the AC2 and AC5 look way to small now! This was also already mentioned when the screenshots of the Zeus were released, because the AC5 also looks way to small there.

@PGI: please fix this again! It's great that you can actually see all the used energy slots now (on both the Jager and Cataphract), but the old AC2 + AC5 were perfectly fine, the Jager (and the other mechs) looked great with them!

#4 Something Wrong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:08 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! PGI What have you done!? D:

Used to have this:
Posted Image

Now I have this:

Posted Image

What are those things supposed to be anyway? Machine guns used to be that long, they don't even take up the full faceplate of the hardpoint anymore! D:

Now I finally understand why everyone has been complaining about the changes to the catapult and yen-lo-wang. You guys went and did it to my central core build, my death star earning, 1.5k damage dealing beloved quad AC/5 Jager. -_-

Edited by Sum Ting Wong, 18 March 2015 - 02:19 AM.

#5 Tarzilman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,011 posts
  • LocationRim Territories

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:47 AM

Jager fans crying because of their new, small *******? Aawwww.
Just kidding. It really looks pretty shrimpy.

Edited by Tarzilman, 06 April 2015 - 04:29 AM.

#6 BINDLETORC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 163 posts
  • Locationhaliburton, ON. CANADA

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:55 AM

likewise. my poor jags have ballistic envy.

#7 skorpionet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 292 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:02 AM

ahahahahahah...... AC fencing

#8 EOD Operator

• PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 89 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:21 AM

View PostTarzilman, on 18 March 2015 - 02:47 AM, said:

Jager fans crying because of their new, small *******? Aawwww.
Just joking. It really looks pretty shrimpy.

Maybe it's cold outside? Don't worry.. Whatever it is, it's only genetics. =)

#9 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:22 AM

The ballistics "rescaling" is going too far. Instead of making them bigger on lights/mediums, they are getting tiny on everything else. This is stupid. We are playing big stompy robits in space. Puny guns have no place here.

#10 Something Wrong

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 143 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 03:51 AM

Here's an exact analogy series of my reactions when I saw this:

Unit-mate on Teamspeak: "Yeah, they changed Cata and Jager gun sizes too." "Wait wut"

Posted Image

"WHAT IS THAT TINY THING!?"

Posted Image

"Can't deal with it"

Posted Image

#11 Kamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 234 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:32 AM

Posted Image

#12 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2015 - 05:39 AM

Please PGI stop "normalizing" the guns across all 'mechs ... it's perfectly fine to have them in different sizes on different 'mechs. They don't have to all be the size they get to be on a spider. :(

#13 J-Pax7

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMalta

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:13 AM

I think the Jagers ballistics should be reverted back to how they were before. They were fine. And though most of the 'phracts are ok after this change the 4X and Ilya need to be more symmetrical.

These are my favorite mechs. I own 2 4x's, an LM (was thinking of getting another) and 6 Jagers (Dakka ftw). When I heard they were getting a pass I was hyped for it but, alas, my disappointment is quite complete and this seems unanimous to everyone that pilots these mechs. Maybe that will be enough for PGI to rethink these changes.....maybe,,,,

#14 TuntematonSika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

This. Even in sarna it said every cannon from every manufacturer had a different size. I don't want to see this standardisation of ballistics at all.

#15 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:18 AM

View PostPaul Crux, on 18 March 2015 - 06:13 AM, said:

I think the Jagers ballistics should be reverted back to how they were before. They were fine. And though most of the 'phracts are ok after this change the 4X and Ilya need to be more symmetrical.

These are my favorite mechs. I own 2 4x's, an LM (was thinking of getting another) and 6 Jagers (Dakka ftw). When I heard they were getting a pass I was hyped for it but, alas, my disappointment is quite complete and this seems unanimous to everyone that pilots these mechs. Maybe that will be enough for PGI to rethink these changes.....maybe,,,,

Unlikely... the catapult got a visual rap....rework AGES ago and literally nobody liked it (them VCRs ... oh god). It's still there, though.

I break out in cold sweat when I think about what they will do to my precious awesomes and yet I want them to get some sort of visual customization.

#16 TuntematonSika

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 122 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:19 AM

View PostSum Ting Wong, on 18 March 2015 - 02:08 AM, said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! PGI What have you done!? D:

Used to have this:
Posted Image

Now I have this:

Posted Image

What are those things supposed to be anyway? Machine guns used to be that long, they don't even take up the full faceplate of the hardpoint anymore! D:

Now I finally understand why everyone has been complaining about the changes to the catapult and yen-lo-wang. You guys went and did it to my central core build, my death star earning, 1.5k damage dealing beloved quad AC/5 Jager. -_-

How in the hell did you get quad AC/5's?

#17 Ironwithin

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,613 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:24 AM

View PostTuntematonSika, on 18 March 2015 - 06:19 AM, said:

How in the hell did you get quad AC/5's?

Like this ? Just an example.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...77d381502c5fa65

Edited by Ironwithin, 18 March 2015 - 06:25 AM.

#18 Averen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:27 AM

I'm in three minds about this. UAC/AC10+ don't look bad, the modular forms are much more fitting than some of PGIs earlier work, but the mech also looks somewhat more bland than before, taking away from the jagers style. UACs could be a bit bigger, the gauß also doesn't completely convey it's badassness. Certainly not bad tho.

Now, the AC5 and AC2 look just horrible. Can't really say anything else, those little stumps don't even fit to the rectangle modules they are stuck too. An AC5 is a powerfull weapon and AC2 are at least dps-wise pretty dangerous. That just doesn't do them justice and makes it easy to confuse them.

The 4 new laserslots and JM6-As Launchers look pretty damn badass. Nothing to complain here, clear improvement and fitting the whole design-scheme.

edit: The new low-jam jagger wrecks face tho. Might be a nice new mech to face off with the triumvirate.

Edited by Averen, 18 March 2015 - 07:20 AM.

#19 J-Pax7

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 34 posts
  • LocationMalta

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:33 AM

View PostIronwithin, on 18 March 2015 - 06:18 AM, said:

Unlikely... the catapult got a visual rap....rework AGES ago and literally nobody liked it (them VCRs ... oh god). It's still there, though.

I break out in cold sweat when I think about what they will do to my precious awesomes and yet I want them to get some sort of visual customization.

Yeap, we can hope though :P . We should also understand that they cannot do a million things at once but as the old jager weapons had already been there maybe they can just switch it back

#20 Tedarin

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:49 AM

Ah man, who in PGI:s dev staff approves of these ****** redesigns?

...and why are they using development time on destroying good old mechs?

...and If they want new customers in steam, the mechs have to look cool. Not mounted with waterpistols.
Posted Image
Image taken from http://mwomercs.com/...ech-poll-added/
..thanks ferranis :)

Edited by Tedarin, 19 March 2015 - 10:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users