To All Clan Player's Who Defend

15 replies to this topic

#1 ArchSight

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 492 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:05 PM

Annihilate the Inner Sphere Light zerging on clan worlds.

We have the tools to not let this Inner Sphere strategy be successful. We have 360 meter clan Streak 6's and Beagle Active Probe only cost's 1 ton. Sensor range module only costs one module slot.

The Clan Assault Mechs can carry Streak 6's, Bap, and enough direct fire weapons to kill heavy or assault mechs. If these are used, a clan pilot will not need to eject for a specialized streak boat or direct fire mech when the inner sphere show their strategy.

For example, a Warhawk can do this: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...af607970da79bfe

Remember to counter ECM effectively there must be the same number of beagle active probes countering the same number of ECM. Always bring Beagle Active probes on defense it will help out the team even when a mech doesn't have lock on missiles because targeting and scouting data is useful for focus firing on a target.

Good luck on defending the clan worlds.

#2 xWiredx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:17 PM

I don't take Warhawks, Mad Dogs, or Stormcrows. Streak 6 is not a requirement to defeat the light rush.

#3 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:45 AM

...XWiredx...It is a part. As a well placed Airstrike. I always have a Streakdog with me..and he is always good for 3+ kills.

#4 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 March 2015 - 01:58 AM

Wired is right. You dont need streaks. The best way to coutner any and every IS tactics is to bring loads of these DWF-B. They even have loads of weight to spare :ph34r: .

#5 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

I start every defend match with my x5 SSRM-6 Stormcrow. I can usually knock off three Firestarters in a minute.

I think it would catch them off guard to jump the gate and counter-attack the rush.

#6 RedDevil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 702 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

You can get away with a budget Streak Fox too.
3x Streak 6
1x Streak 4
CAP
tons of ammo.

Bring it out for the light rush, then keep more tonnage for the brawling. Note, you usually only need about 4 streak mechs on a light defense while the rest take regular mechs and go for the legs.

The streaks hold back and act as cleanup for anything that breaks for the gen near Omega. You can get away with sacrificing the other two gens most of the time.

Edited by reddevil, 19 March 2015 - 12:35 PM.

#7 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 19 March 2015 - 05:06 PM

You know, having more than four maps in CW would go a long way towards changing and anticipating what the enemy will do - i.e. make things more unpredictable.

four maps? Please, you guys should be pressuring PGI to devote more resources to map-making.

#8 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

Always aim for the legs, once legged then dead.

#9 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:08 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 19 March 2015 - 05:06 PM, said:

You know, having more than four maps in CW would go a long way towards changing and anticipating what the enemy will do - i.e. make things more unpredictable.

four maps? Please, you guys should be pressuring PGI to devote more resources to map-making.

We've gotten 2 new maps over the span of 3 months for CW. Considering a year or two ago it took an average of 6-10 months for a single skirmish map to be released, I think I'll stay perfectly content with their current production time.

#10 Gigastrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 704 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:33 AM

View PostxWiredx, on 18 March 2015 - 08:17 PM, said:

I don't take Warhawks, Mad Dogs, or Stormcrows. Streak 6 is not a requirement to defeat the light rush.

Yeah, why would you bring a streak-6 when you could just nail them with an ER PPC?

#11 AlmightyAeng

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,905 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:35 AM

Haven't you heard? It's impossible to stop light zergs, even with streaks! I hear everyone says so. :/

#12 BSK

• Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:39 AM

View PostGhost Badger, on 27 March 2015 - 09:35 AM, said:

Haven't you heard? It's impossible to stop light zergs, even with streaks! I hear everyone says so. :/

I have no idea why people think streaks were useful when 10 of the 12 lights have a double AMS.

Apart from that, having a cAP is a good start for EVERYONE. People need to understand that in CW they should have at least either one TAG or a cAP or even a NARC. I hate to drop alone in CW and I am the only one with a cAP ..

#13 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:30 AM

View PostBSK, on 28 March 2015 - 07:39 AM, said:

I have no idea why people think streaks were useful when 10 of the 12 lights have a double AMS.

Whaaaaaaaaaattt? Ain't nobody running around with shenanigans likez duuble ABS! ;)

Edited by Novawrecker, 28 March 2015 - 08:30 AM.

#14 0rionsbane

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:48 AM

i would just drop a bunch of whales like this http://mwo.smurfy-ne...06a32c604d8086f one shot at the legs and that light should be no more.

#15 _Comrade_

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:15 PM

Can the dire whales fat butt even get up there in time for a light rush? But you know it would be awesome to see a line of dire whales blocking a road to a gen. Enemy would be totally surprised

#16 Novawrecker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 11:37 PM

View PostGrimwill, on 28 March 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Can the dire whales fat butt even get up there in time for a light rush? But you know it would be awesome to see a line of dire whales blocking a road to a gen. Enemy would be totally surprised

Seen it, done it, readjusted accordingly, killed them and moved on.

NEXT! ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users