House Davion Continues To Bleed Members.

97 replies to this topic

#41 Shell Game

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:13 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 19 March 2015 - 10:11 AM, said:

People left long before the Kurita fight started. People lost interest in cw or mwo and moved on. Same with most factions. Early on Kurita had no more members and lost to everyone. Smoke jags were a joke because they still couldn't beat Kurita who had like 20 people total.

A lot of people started in Davion and left for various reasons. Boredom, politics, no clan border, a system that rewards faction hopping, etc. Now we've been told there will be a map reset so there is even less reason to care for many.

Ebb and flow. The big difference is that nobody in Davion went to the CSJ forum to act like a jackass when CSJ couldn't even bet the 20 Kurita players and random pugs consistently. Also one post talking about coordinating existing drop commanders and training new ones isn't begging for anything. I get that you're bitter because Davion did its thing for 2 months and you guys have 1 good house unit and are otherwise irrelevant (and always have been) without mercs but what did you really expect to happen here? Davion won for months, then got bored. When cw draws people back and we're back to facerolling every border you'll be here, tissue in hand, crying about how unfair high numbers are. All you can do now is hope enough people keep Kurita occupied that they mostly ignore you. You're kuritas Liao. The csj version of tcaf, mercs and some also rans.

I would expect a larger overall player base after the Map reset, when CW moves out of beta development.

The New CW maps, with more to follow, will help this mode of play a lot.

The main reason I'm playing a large amount of CW this weekend is because of the "Lucky Charms" Tournament with the random bags being dropped. I would recommend running all the Assault, Skirmish, and Conquest modes up to 25 qualifying scores first. I feel that the mechbays and some of the cockpit items are either very useful or interesting.

Most players should try to be a playing the CW modes where an 80 match score is easily attainable even in a loss. Play aggressive, coordinate, and you'll get this done. The only time I haven't scored an 80 match score was when the enemy coordinated cowardly light base rushes. These scenarios resulted where no pilots from either side qualified. What a waste of time it was for both sides...

I really hope that until the Map reset PGI continues to run some sort of CW rewards system, like this weekends event, to keep the CW scene alive. I truly believe this helps as the CW mode in this game seems like it is on life support.

Edited by EpicWarlord, 21 March 2015 - 04:21 PM.

#42 Kattahn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 123 posts
  • LocationLowell, MA

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:13 PM

And again I leave the forums for the banal BS they are...

#43 Mordale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,008 posts
  • Locationon some backwater rock of a planet

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:42 PM

to xRedEyex,

Yes we do leave Davion Space,....BUT WE ALWAYS RETURN TO DAVION! Not another IS Faction.

#44 Kerc Kasha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 103 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:10 PM

View Poststrikebrch, on 21 March 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

It's been 2 months i think , since kurita main planet has been sorrounded , you're lucky PGI does not let those kind of planets to be conquered because if....well no need to say such an obvious thing.

But while Luthien is inside clan territory...in my book ..... KURITA IS ALREADY DEAD , SAME FOR "DEAR" COORDINATOR.

that already happened luthien got attacked late feb or whatever hence why there's a tag for our successful defence.

#45 Harlock Fredrick

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMissoula Montana

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:30 PM

View PosteSeifer, on 19 March 2015 - 11:29 AM, said:

I am enjoying this very much. Tell me more about how poorly Davion is failing and is badly run. =)

I love how this guy claims he wants Davion and Kurita to work as a team yet posts this rofl LMAO epic fail sir

#46 YCSLiesmith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 03:24 AM

epic fail good sir m'lady, upvoted fived and subscribed for the win you have my axe for great justice

#47 eSeifer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationLiao

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:42 AM

View PostBrazzez, on 21 March 2015 - 10:30 PM, said:

I love how this guy claims he wants Davion and Kurita to work as a team yet posts this rofl LMAO epic fail sir

Davions fail to learn sarcasm

#48 Tasker

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,056 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:08 AM

Kurita want Davion to join team.

Team where you do exactly as we say, and surrender all worlds. Pretty easy understand.

#49 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:14 AM

Guys leave because CW is not worth their time, plain and simple.

#50 Crockdaddy

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,684 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSaint Louis

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:30 AM

View Poststrikebrch, on 21 March 2015 - 03:37 PM, said:

Evident like the dragon icon inside a pool of jaguar planets ?

If PGI disables the ability to drop in other houses borders , well .... you're done.

It's been 2 months i think , since kurita main planet has been sorrounded , you're lucky PGI does not let those kind of planets to be conquered because if....well no need to say such an obvious thing.

But while Luthien is inside clan territory...in my book ..... KURITA IS ALREADY DEAD , SAME FOR "DEAR" COORDINATOR.

Weird ... everytime I go and look at Luthien I see it well defended as usual by an Elite Kuritan Unit.

#51 -Wulf-

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe last =FD= Dropship

Posted 23 March 2015 - 06:38 AM

View Postmeteorol, on 23 March 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

Until there is a reflexive system to CW then its always going to be a waste of time. We need incintives for taking planets. What I propose is manufacturing incintives. Take for example King Crabs, two factories produce the KC. Cosara Weapons manufactures the chassis, Cosara weapons are on MARS, (Terra System) then the Planet Northwind. Since mars can not be taken, Take Northwind and your unit controlls the king crabs. So in a nut shell Take northwind and your unit recieves in its coffers the total c-bill amount from king crab sells per that cycle. or make the game a bit more modular and start charging for CW repairs with a wait time cooldown for repair simular to MW4 Mercs system. With that cooldown micromanaging may come into effect in the since If my unit owns something then we control how its run. So for instance I take northwind and am controlling production then If I decided I dont want to ship you a replacement arm for you KC then I dont have to. and you will be forced to find the parts elsewhere. IE an Inflated c-bill amount through a PGI ran blackmarket, This idea could possibly be abused, however it would force more organization for CW in the fact that there would be a objective and units that didnt want to pay the blackmarket prices would be forced to take northwind from me or go broke trying to repair thier KC's

#52 Maxwell Albritten

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 426 posts
  • LocationWoogi, Taurian Concordat

Posted 23 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

I do not understand this mentality. How is the solo/group queue any less a waste of time? I've heard the c-bills argument and find that I make way more in cw games. Also, with 4 mechs you can do really poorly in one but have 3 more chances to wreck face without leaving the game, picking a new mech, finding another game, waiting for that game to launch, spending time trying to get in position and locate the enemy, ect.

I know some people complain about light rushes, but I very rarely see those anymore. Most people have figured out that it's more fun to fight than to just kill omega.

So now it's just turned into "CW isn't worth the time because that's what I've heard others say so it must be true!"

#53 PoorDecisions

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 124 posts
  • LocationOregon, USA

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:48 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 19 March 2015 - 11:37 AM, said:

you're missing the hot blonde who drapes over my shoulder while i load up mwo.

What's his name?

#54 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:11 PM

I don't play CW because I'm not in an organized unit, and have a very busy life. I don't understand why people are so up in arms over CW planets when it all means nothing. I'd rather have fun in the solo/group queue playing the game I want to play than worrying about some grand scheme I have no say over.

Children will just post whatever they want I suppose.

That's effectively it. I don't really enjoy CW because the matches last too long, and I make just as many c-bills per hour playing solo/group queue. So I play the game modes that I find more fun. Those just so happen to not be CW.

Edited by Greenjulius, 23 March 2015 - 04:14 PM.

#55 ShiroganeTakeru

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Major
  • Senior Major
  • 156 posts
  • LocationMaskirovka hideout

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:34 PM

I still remember the times when fedrats could do at least decent ghostdrop. Strangely, I miss that times. CW isn't that intersting without raticide.
Nostalgic pic included.
Spoiler

#56 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 04:39 PM

Their was once a time in which House Liao was dead, their was once a time when House Kurita was dead

now we are both back in the fight and we are feasting on FEDrats
NOM NOM NOM

MS told me that davion units are garbage, is that true?

Edited by Czarr, 23 March 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#57 Piddles

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 04:53 AM

Davion has always (and always will) had a high turnover ratio because of the EXACT reason you guys like to make fun of Davion. Outside of MWO it is heralded as the "good guys", and new players will jump into the lore-popular faction. New players are usually bad just because they are new players.

I have played for a few different factions with the Praetorian Legion. We are a merc unit and will take different contracts but we do still consider ourselves Davion-based. During our time around the IS I would agree that Davion seems to have the largest pool of "baddies" and we have a hard time getting many of them to coordinate with the rest of us. IMO it's because they ARE new and attracted to the "good guys" so jump into CW - and immediately go DEAD on the enemy's first wave. After awhile they wonder why Davion is so bad and jump to a different faction. I've also met and know many very good players in Davion, as I have in every faction. It also seems that most Davion units also have a more casual mindset, in fact there are very few competitive/hardcore units in Davion afaik.

In the end, I guess you guys think we suck, so we suck. After I wiped the tears off and uninstalled the game I realized that I didn't really care, reinstalled and logged back on.

#58 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:14 AM

Posted Image
I'll just leave this here. Liao and Kurita, you can skip this question; we already know the answer. Well, Novawrecker can answer, your posts are amusing. :)

#59 YCSLiesmith

• 1,040 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:45 AM

memegenerator dot net

#60 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 07:49 AM

Megaforce reference.